stuck on loading world screen until i force close minecraft

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kdabrnes

Title stuck on loading world screen until i force close minecraft

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Sky factory 3

Modpack version 3.0.1

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/3637e2cb

Details of the issue I was playing the other day when the power in my house went out. After it came back on, I went to see if the world was corrupt or not, but I got this instead. not sure if this crash log will help or not, because minecraft did not actually crash i used task manager to close it but it is the only one i have

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
There's no specific errored block or junk noted in your log. It looks like the curse client is loading up outdated Java, update your Java to u 111, and make sure curse is loading that version (in curse settings, Minecraft tab, make sure "Always latest Version" is selected under Java version).
Also, update to SF 3.0.4, beta. Install this to a new profile on curse. Manually copy your world save into that new profile

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Looks like one of your config files has become corrupted, not entirely sure what the file is called but its related to the islands mod so it may be something like islands.json. Can try restoring/removing that to see if it helps. Updating Java isn't likely to help you in this case.

Reactions: Ashzification
K

kdabrnes

Looks like one of your config files has become corrupted, not entirely sure what the file is called but its related to the islands mod so it may be something like islands.json. Can try restoring/removing that to see if it helps. Updating Java isn't likely to help you in this case.
Got it fixed, i deleted the simple achievements folder in the save file and it worked, thanks

C

CF Worthy

I'm currently having the same issue!

Power went out while playing.
When power came back on, I went to load my save file.
Stuck on loading screen.
Had to force close Minecraft.

C

CF Worthy

I ended up creating a new bug report... though it was my islands.json file that was corrupted, as suggested.

Deleting this file was enough to get the game running again.

B

black_albino8

while i was playing sky factory 3 my computers power cable was unplugged. After turning it back on and opening mine craft the game gets stuck on the loading game menu. I can't find the islands.json file eitherany advice?

C

CF Worthy

while i was playing sky factory 3 my computers power cable was unplugged. After turning it back on and opening mine craft the game gets stuck on the loading game menu. I can't find the islands.json file eitherany advice?

It's in there somewhere... depending on what OS you use, try using the built-in "search file/folder" feature and there should exist a file with that exact title "island.json" (not plural). May take awhile to search your entire hard drives for the file depending on a lot of things.

I found my file in USERS/DOCUMENTS/CURSE/MINECRAFT/INSTANCES/FTB PRESENTS SKYFACTORY 3/CONFIG

I hope this helps!

S

sulaimnan

same with me
please help

Attachments

• crash-2017-10-17_20.18.55-server.txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 276
A

A Brony

I just got this exact same issue. It doesn't help that it takes over 10 minutes to open Sky Factory.

I looked at the above replies and I got confused for a second, since islands.json did not exist. It took me around a minute to get the idea to search for "island" instead and I found island.json. I deleted that and the world started perfectly fine.

F

Furious_2014

I have a similar problem with 1.12.2 single player worlds: They are always stuck on loading world screen, by creating and rejoining after force closing MC. It isn't a specific modpack it occurs with just 1.12.2 singleplayer worlds, currently only tested with skyblock modpacks from curse. I am using latest java and allocated 10gb to MC.

D

Dontuderstandcomputers

Hi, I'm having some trouble deleting the island.json file, it wont let me get rid of this. Help PLS.

A

adeus bailio

im having the same problem, can someone help me figure out what's wrong? im using mods.

Attachments

• 2018-06-17-1.log.zip
    771 bytes · Views: 134

maiky129

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same issue in my customized Direwolf20 1.12 pack, can't find a "island.json" and I can't find a crash log in the crash log folder :/ Anyone able to help?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
im having the same problem, can someone help me figure out what's wrong? im using mods.
1 - if you have the same problem, the same solution should also work for you
2 - Most likely this isn't the same problem that you have - create your own thread and provide logs using paste.feed-the-beast.com instead of uploading zip-files.

I'm having the same issue in my customized Direwolf20 1.12 pack, can't find a "island.json" and I can't find a crash log in the crash log folder :/ Anyone able to help?
No you don't have the same issue - the mod that creates islands.json is not in that pack (and even if you modified the pack you most likely didn't add that mod)

Create your own thread and provide logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.