strange formations

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
hello, i'm pretty new to FTB (used to play tekkit almost everyday) and i came across these two things on my game file.. no i didnt build them (i have redstone dust/torches because i mined it before i decided to screenshot this)

is this common? or what is going on here??? lolol
(there was a chest in the middle with some random stuff, like emeralds and so on..)

MeApWaO.jpg

random redstone formation.... (inside was full of Rtorches)
vj1Qsrh.jpg
bl3EJgF.jpg

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
latest mindcrack ftb +optifine -greg.

kinda figured that the first one was from thaum, but wast sure so why not ask? :p

seed, didnt have that from spawn, that's why i thought it was a ftb thing (and asked about it) here is the seed -1784431907

EDIT:
thanks for the quick reply.

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
pretty decent seed, two villages, ravine with easy diamons and a buttload of beehives, greatwoods and webbed greatwoode (idk what their names are lol)

if it's normal, what mod caused it? that's what's confusing me... hell i can't complain about a a few chests of redstone... but lol wut?

for a fist map of FTB this is quite the pleasant surprise. thanks for the info mate :) maybe someday we will see each other in a server :) (might turn my old 2500k, 16gb, 240gb ssd, 4tb of storage, and a 570 into a server... got a much better machine for gaming/work )

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You used MCeddit didn't you?
The second one is what happens when you use the current version of MCeddit on a map. Anything non vanilla gets changed in any chunk that has anything in the chunk changed.
The redstone ore is leaves the torches are the trunk.

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
i've used it on my tekkit stuff but havent used it on the FTB world.. unless there's a residua effect even on a whole new minecraft folder (even on different install location.)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If it's the same save it wouldn't matter. But if you've never used it on that one thin I don't know. It's definitely the result of FTB items being replaced by vanilla parts.
If you need to fix it go to MCeddit and download the developer version and simply delete that chunk. It should properly regenerate that aria the nest time you play.
Dev build is not perfected yet so make a backup first.

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
yeah never used it on this save. (dont like using mcedit unless im backing up pixel art, buildings, or sculptures) and on this map (and since i started playing ftb) i havent touched mcedit

another question is it normal to get server like lag on ssp??? like breaking blocks twice, water/lava not updating once source/ path is altered, torches being imported from hogwarts (floating torches), floating vines/cactus/reeds... etc.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on your pc. Disk space what else is running that sort of thing.
I went into the FTB launcher> Options and upped the RAM Maximum that seemed to help.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You're using Optifine? Why didn't you say that. There's a known incompatibility with it. It causes the kind of problems you've described. Messes with block updates. I think it's only an issue with the multy core version. Try simply dropping the whole thing and see if that works first.

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
floating torches.. feeling like harry potter up in here... might change my skin to match than and dive into thaumcraft xDDDDD

sadly even though my system is pretty nice if i take out optifine my frames drops faster than skrillex drops the bass. i find it pretty funny.
something else i i was thinking.. mojang could easily change the code to c# and integrate lua scripts for user content (much like gimp) having the Vanilla minecraft in c# would make it so even a prehistoric machine could run it perfectly... (we can wait and hope for this change..)

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
You're using Optifine? Why didn't you say that. There's a known incompatibility with it. It causes the kind of problems you've described. Messes with block updates. I think it's only an issue with the multy core version. Try simply dropping the whole thing and see if that works first.
i mentioned in a few posts before, but disabled it.. WOAH MAN, from 39 fps back to my standard 200+ (vsyncd ar 120, 144hz monitor ftw).

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
floating torches.. feeling like harry potter up in here... might change my skin to match than and dive into thaumcraft xDDDDD

sadly even though my system is pretty nice if i take out optifine my frames drops faster than skrillex drops the bass. i find it pretty funny.
something else i i was thinking.. mojang could easily change the code to c# and integrate lua scripts for user content (much like gimp) having the Vanilla minecraft in c# would make it so even a prehistoric machine could run it perfectly... (we can wait and hope for this change..)

Funny since C# is actually slower than Java in most tests: http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
Funny since C# is actually slower than Java in most tests: http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org
it all depends, sure java is pretty easy to work with (as if c# wasn't as well) and sure it can be light.. BUT on the most part folks who program in java keep their SC pretty bulky and some parts even redundant.. in c at least we shape and optimize the whole entire time. i kinda talk a bout this because i have built a game engine in c# and a version of the same engine in c++, both versions i made huge amounts of what i call "pre-calculated renderings" sort of like chunks in minecraft, but in this case they are individually moving leaves/grass that reacts with the environment (similar to physx but no hardware limitation) and yet the ram usage never got over 2gb on the engine.. playing in worlds similar to skyrim.. idk man maybe some time later i can post some examples of my sc on here.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
It's just stupid to claim that the quality of a programmer depends on the language he programs in. That you even think that minecraft does 'precalculated rendering' shows you don't understand how it works.

If you would reprogram it in c# it would take just as much memory and probably be slower.

Branndailor

Jul 29, 2019
It's just stupid to claim that the quality of a programmer depends on the language he programs in. That you even think that minecraft does 'precalculated rendering' shows you don't understand how it works.

If you would reprogram it in c# it would take just as much memory and probably be slower.

even randomized seeds have a equation to follow (how else would it know how to handle different biomes) for the fact that it has a equation it means it's precaulculated, and basically you only have to input for X in this case the seed number.. i consider that precalculated..
i know bf3, far cry 3, and other heavy games don't generate the map based on a equation, it just loads the models... but what do you think those are programmed in? what do you think realflow is programmed in? realflow is more cpu intensive than minecraft and yet i can make real time simulations of over 20mil particles in about 25 minutes, and smaller 2mil particles simulations in about 3 mins or so.. when you stop to think about it, a large quantity of stuff is made in C (and variants of it) .. you probably understood me saying that folks make bulky SC in java.. they do, BUT that doesnt mean i discredit them for making something as a programmer i know things aren't always easy to optimize and please everyone.. but who writes the script? the programmer, who has the ability to optimize it and remove bugs? same thing... what limits his ability? the langues he is programming in and technology really...

but all that aside, you think it will be more of a system hog? in my case i can take the revodrive from my workstation and put it in my game rig, or just ram drive it... 32 gbs of ram ftw... so either way it wouldn't make a difference for me and just because they would have a game in another language doesnt mean they have to take the other one out of production especially since a good part of the community understands the code enough to make mods for it in java and im quite sure they wouldnt be happy to migrate towards a new language..

another thing, before you go on about me not understanding about what im talking about.. i have a degree in computer science with a focus on plt from the university of minnesota. i currently live in brazil because i have a contract with a indie company here and also teach english (on the net i couldnt care less about grammar) might sound arrogant but i'm not picking on anyone NOR am i wanting to sound arrogant... anyways gonna bo back to bed because i had a surgery today to place my septum back in place and glue it in (broke it during usmc training)

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe its me.. Mario.. Being an ignorant 2D head on brick typ-a-guy...

But I thought the strength of programming a game like Minecraft in java was it was pretty much instantly portable to any platform that Java will run on?