Stories of SevTech

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by ICountFrom0, Jun 28, 2018.

1. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

[​IMG]

It's one thing to hold your breath and try to break into an underwater cavern that you are pretty sure exists down there to bring back a few shards of prismarine. It's another to make an assault on an underwater temple. Sure these weapons made with the prismarine shards work well under water. Yes this armor loves the water and makes me faster. It's not enough to breath though.

[​IMG]

For that I've set in place a network of totems. Base, then squid, and then enderman on top. I can use the loss of night vision as a hint to get back in range, fast, or else drown. Turns every attack down here into a hit and run ballet. I wait for an opening, peaking around a doorway or a wall, when spikes retracts I dash in, strike a blow as I pass and then return. Sometimes I build totems on two sides of a guardian so I can dash back and forth.

[​IMG]

Eventually I solve the maze. I find the guardians. I slay them, and the protections on the temple breaks. Out comes the hammer. Down go more totems. The treasure is mine. Gold. Great greedy blocks of the stuff. The first I have owned. Rare, but I need little of it, yet.

[​IMG]

The temple itself is a greater treasure. Many, many blocks of prismarine, shards from the lanterns still a glow with light here in the water, and a most curious treasure, multiple rooms of sponges. I don't have to take the entire temple with me in a single visit, I can return latter to pillage these remains, but I could have broken the entire thing down, had I chosen. I'd brought the right table to repair my tools, and with them made with prismarine the temple itself gives me the materials to repair them.

[​IMG]

A silk touch gem is out of my reach, and even if I could craft one I've not yet made a sufficiently advanced tool forge to infuse it into one of my tools. That though is not an absolute block. Nither is an inability to enchant my tools. No, a head made of sponge is the key. While harmless as a weapon, it's very useful in a tool, as well as in my armor. As a pick it'll let me draw forth things from the earth without breaking them. Something I've been desiring for a while, even if I am far more likely to use this as a shovel for such things as grass blocks.

[​IMG]

Hammer. Pick. Haste totems. Nearly unlimited resources to repair them. Time. Everything I need to get down to some serious work.

[​IMG]

If only life was that simple though. I am completely out of andesite that I'm using to make the walls. Course while I was in the darkness, seeking deposits of this useful stone, I found something else. Quite a bit of lapis to take home with me. Perhaps I will find uses for it as well.

[​IMG]

Maybe I should have marked the first of these blocks I placed. Some buildings have a proper keystone. With how often these walls are being built and rebuilt to get everything just right though I'm not sure I could even find where I started. This though is the start of the next section of the fortress. I didn't start here, even though there was a water block to work with, just like the other part, there was a cave I wasn't entirely sure about down there. That will make this a bit more complex.

[​IMG]

I did a bit more work and then went down into the caves under the base. I'd spotted samples as I'd worked, some unidentified, but I knew if I poked around in the caves a bit I'd find something useful eventually. Nice to find a large amount of iron under the base, easily brought back out to the surface.

[​IMG]

A chest, lava, and time. With those all the iron I found will become blocks, easily stored and used latter. My time divides between working on the walls, clearing spaces, pouring blocks and getting more andasite from the lands of darkness.

[​IMG]

This establishes the separation from the front of the fortification from the rest of the castle. Or at least I think it will. There was an intrusion near the surface of the mountain that had overgrown with dirt, a grassy swath that ran down from the top of the peaks down to the other side. I've preserved some of it while keeping the idea of my base here.

[​IMG]

That storage wall isn't a wall anymore, almost more space behind it instead of infront of it now, going to have to move it the next time these walls stop moving. One hammer stroke at a time I make more and more space. Someday there will be floors, sometime there might be towers and turrets and guards. For now there is only myself and this work.

[​IMG]

Further into the new section, leaving stairs behind as I carve away the stone. Faster to dig down, once you know what's below you. Cut across, cut down, clear away the earth.

[​IMG]

With patience any structure can be built. With time anything can come down. I've used both and turned a mountain into a fortification. A base to live within, build within, and work on my projects.

[​IMG]

I've been using some of the gold that I looted from the temple to make a few casts but mostly I've been using clay. This is perhaps the most important of the casts and maybe the one I should have made first. So many clay buckets I won't have to make anymore to move lava with just one bucket of iron. Such an improvement, but I was caught up in my building and didn't notice.

[​IMG]

Likewise I should have noticed that I could do better with the faucet. I've had glass, and I've had iron for a while. Why not just make one of these instead? As long as I've got the right number in the chest I'll get nice even blocks as a result. Sand into glass by the stack without having to be there. Yes. Please.

[​IMG]

With gold less rare, I could make more casts, more parts and worry less about having to melt the clay for one time projects. So I went out with the glass melting down to where I had samples that I'd not been able to identify before, and found that one of them was gold. It was quite a bit of work to locate the vein, but once I did, it was an embarrassment of riches.

[​IMG]

It's not even. It's not neat. I'm still proud of my work. It fits in with the beautiful world around it and is a part of it, growing from it. I'm proud of it, and it is mine.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

[​IMG]

Exploring under my base it seems this new age has a few other problems that I'd not expected. Lava itself seems to be alive now, climbing out of streams of the stuff to throw fireballs at me. Not that difficult to deal with, but another thing to remember.

[​IMG]

I'd found a few bees in the wild, hives that had given me my first taste of honey, but now I've discovered how to make a proper apiary to house them. They seem to be quite tame and not too interested in stinging me now.

[​IMG]

The bees should also make farming easier. This watering can will help as well. It's not the fastest improvement, but all these little improvements stack up. Might be time to make another garden again. I didn't make too large of a stockpile, though it's not run out yet.

[​IMG]

If only I could move corn, it would go well in the back between tomatoes and hot peppers. There's small patches of melons and pupmpkins, canola, rice, cotton, cocoa and pretty much everything I can. Can't get the hemp to grow inside yet, but the market was quite willing to trade some of my gold for some industrial hemp seeds that don't mind the artificial light.

[​IMG]

Turning back to that strange altar and the blade, I took the time to prepare some tranquility for myself. I could have started this earlier on, but I had food enough to heal quickly, but now things are costing enough that I can't wait on such things as much. Now I can feed power into the altar much faster and more efficiently.

[​IMG]

The orbs are starting to get hard to make. I'm going to need to make quite a bit more capacity to go with the self sacrifice that I've already prepared, I can't just keep using my own health as a buffer to refresh these transformations halfway through.

[​IMG]

If my hand slips and I use the knife too eagerly it's easy to injure myself enough to lose experience. That's not the only way, encounters with monsters often end up with one mistake too many made to survive. With this simple tome made from an old arcane scroll dropped long ago, it will store my experiances for me and ration it out as I need it latter.

[​IMG]

In the hunting dimension I've gone for overkill. Multiple full sets of totems. I've taken to running in, drawing the attention of a few foes and then baiting them back here to my base to harvest the demonic will that I need to power the tools.

[​IMG]

With enough will stored, I've taken the chance to make myself one of the bows that's empowered by the demonic will as well. There's even a full set of tools that might be worth exploring, though I doubt they will be faster, though perhaps they will clear multiple blocks at once? Could be of use in some places.

[​IMG]

While I've got an embarrassment of riches, a full set of the runic tablets seems in order as well. While one of them seems to be slightly imperfect in the crafting and thus less useful then I'd hoped, I am quite glad to have made them all.

[​IMG]

With a single bucket of life essence carefully placed it takes very little of a garden to push this still early structure to the limit of my ability to draw. I'll need some more exotic material to make an orb capable of transforming more paths and expanding the reach.

[​IMG]

Speaking of materials, I've hunted enough to collect a full set of wild dog pelts for my boots. Same protection against falls as the boots of slime, but also helps me move a little faster. Unfortunately these are not as durable as I'd like, so I have to remember to take them off when I am outside the base, lest a beast that strikes me down cause them damage.

[​IMG]

Before using gold on things that are useful to me, I'm going to check to see what the overlords want me to make for them. I'd not noticed that I'd not been able to make nuggets simply, I'd not crafted anything that required them, but there is a special cast to pour into for them.

[​IMG]

A simple pan cast though seems to be enough to make pearls from the ender dust that drops from those teleporting fiends. Not enough of them in the hunting dimension, or anywhere else, for me to ever get much of the ender pearls, so I must hoard them carefully and use them sparingly.

[​IMG]

I've had ironberries for a while. Could even have made a bit of iron from them. It's better to brew with them though. It will take me a while to make anything worth drinking, but eventually I might have an entire range of brewed potables. Not quite potions, but something.

[​IMG]

The rest of my gold? Not quite all of it, but a lot of it is here as these chests. Crates and smaller chests for storing the less valuable stones and piles of cobble that overflow the drawers, but this should be enough storage for a while.

[​IMG]

Storage for myself, on the other hand, takes upgrading my backpacks yet again. I can wear one and carry another easily enough, any additional ones I wanted to carry would complicate things more then I like. Good thing that's enough storage, for now.

[​IMG]

A golden apple takes quite a bit of gold, and then only using it to make a charm, perhaps that's something other then gluttony, but I am proud of it.

[​IMG]

While I'm seeing to upgrades, a layer of sponge added to my armor makes it so that I feel blows that much less. You'd think that bronze, sponge and prismarine wouldn't make the best looking armor, and perhaps that's right, but it's enough to protect me and that's enough for me. I've also gone through and made sure that my weapons are as upgraded and prepared as I can get them. Copper for the experience on the tools, prismarine so that water will not slow me and then as much durability as I can manage.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    OniyaMCD likes this.
  3. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

[​IMG]

Exploration of the surface eventually lead to the discovery of a sample cluster that hinted at the existence of crystals below, and gave me a handful of glittering dust. Deep below in the heart of the earth the crystaline ore glimmered. Not normally how I'd discover such things, but so generous a quantity from this one vein that I might never need to mine any of this again. On the other hand, I saw no signs of any structures with the starry crystals within them.

[​IMG]

Seems that the knowledge of the stars is something I can ask from the unknown beings that respond to the dark rituals. The sacrifices might not be the only thing I am paying them for this knowledge, and they piece it out to me a tiny bit at a time. I worry what it might be costing me, but I have to know.

[​IMG]

I had to construct this table to enter this age, but once I did there wasn't much I could do with it. Seems like I've not really entered the age I've unlocked until I can actually make use of what I've made. The top of my base is high enough to give me a little light to work with.

[​IMG]

A lightwell to capture the starlight and collect a drop at a time as I spend the crystals I took from deep in the earth. So far from the sky they couldn't do what they exist to do. To shine.

[​IMG]

Another bit of crafting, a resonator. This will help me to see where in these lands there is the best resonance with the starlight. Sadly there isn't much of it to be found here where I've made my home. Still, this close to the stars I've got certain advantages.

[​IMG]

Can only go so far with just the starlight and altitude though. It's going to take a lot of marble and a lot of work to make a structure to focus the light for this altar to make it powerful enough.

[​IMG]

The glowing dust, combined with a crystal, and the glowing starlight lets me form a paste that grows a more powerful crystal. In the process of breaking it free from this matrix a little bit of the glittering dust can be recovered. By using a chisel I was able to relocate some of the raw crystal ore here so that I could work with it. Rumor has it that this makes the process better.

[​IMG]

Using the crystals to farm up more of the starmetal dust, and adding focusing mirrors to my structure, my reach extends again by another small amount. While I wait to have enough to progress, I study the sky with my telescope and see what I can find from the notes I bargained for.

[​IMG]

There are a few things I can craft while I wait as well. The glitter of glass, the power of gunpowder, magic in the aquamarine, and the power from the starlight. Thus do I gain another way to illuminate the darkness.

[​IMG]

The linking tool has less uses when you have to make your own enhanced crystals to collect the starlight, but I will not miss the opportunity to craft it in a night with the stars shining brightly.

[​IMG]

The least of the crystals are turned to starlight. A fluid hopper drains it off into a container, making a stockpile that is being turned into more and more crystals. A few of these buckets are taken to repair crystals that I've carefully sharpened.

[​IMG]

All that time gives me one perfect crystal. What I seek will take me more of these, and I must keep this one in preparation for when I can make this perfect crystal into one that will focus the light from the stars for me.

[​IMG]

That dust I prepared before, I can concentrate and amplify it into a better form of light. I'll need these for projects I am building, for things I am making, and for producing light in all places of the worlds.

[​IMG]

Finally, I have found it. Two bits of the glowing dust, combined with light and a material that blots out the light and dampens it. Stone for substance and iron to carry forward as the substance all this will infuse into. Combined with as much starlight as I can manage with this structure and I finally get some of the star metal that I've been seeking.

[​IMG]

Having constructed the starlight ingot, it seems that it might function as a key to progress elsewhere, but I have other plans in mind with the first of them. Sunset. Starlight. Twilight. Yet not yet.

[​IMG]

The starmetal is the first resonating material that can be worked with in the ways of regular metals. This opens up possibilities in my crafting and infusion. The first of these I seek to make, a device that will cause me to align myself with the stars.

[​IMG]

Quite a large space and much resources are taken in building a place where I can attune myself to the stars. It takes careful planning, focus, and the luck to come on it at just the right time. And so I've taken the power of the stars into myself, and attuned with the light.

[​IMG]

Water. Flowers. Light and starlight. With storm the ground is struck. Stricken the worlds break. Into twilight.

[​IMG]

Thus into twilight go I. A hard slung stone might be able to reach the castle, the most protected place of this realm, but to reach it myself I must solve many tasks and trials. The beauty is though worth it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    OniyaMCD and GamerwithnoGame like this.
  4. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

"Just on the border of your waking mind, there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. And as you tread the halls of sanity you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

[​IMG]

Into the twilight.
    I've got my atlas, and it's of some use, always able to tell me where I've been. That's not quite enough though. Not here. Not in a world so large and so dangerous. There are many places that I just can't go, bound with spells that make entering them nigh deadly. Thus I must find something to help me. The first part of this is to craft an enchanted feather that scribes on paper by itself.

[​IMG]

With that I can make a map of this region. The magic in the quill lets it mark things I wouldn't know about and safely lead me away from the most dangerous of places, including the castle I nearly landed inside of, in a land where the rain burns in silver shards from the sky.

[​IMG]

This does not look like much, but this is one of the most valuable things I could find in an early minor hill. I'll want more, much more of it for projects latter, but this is enough to get things started for me. Having gotten this, I move on to the first challenge I should be facing, and taking the redstone with me.

[​IMG]

Sentient bow wasn't quite as powerful as I was hoping, but I can always collect more souls to upgrade it further if I want to take a little time in such practices. Souls and blood, expensive costs, but worthwhile rewards. The naga went down in time, and gave me a few scales. I hunted a few of her sisters as well before I returned, because I wanted to make the set of armor from them.

[​IMG]

I keep encountering these unusual growths of mushrooms. These almost seem like there should be somebody living inside of them. As empty as ever, and as strange as ever. Mystery unsolved.

[​IMG]

Ah, here we go. One of the hedges twisted into a maze. With the transformation powder I could shift the wolves that spawn here into ones that I could tame, had I need of a larger pack of companions. What I am here for though, is just under the ground, protected by the hedge. Whatever formed this place did not want the treasure casually raided from below and continued the walls into the ground with magical reinforcements. This maze stone is what I needed, an unnaturally hard substance.

[​IMG]

There was more then a little marble in the hills. When I returned I found I had enough now to make the vast open form that focuses the starlight for the attunement altar. Even though crystals are plentiful here, I don't want to use them wastefully, thus I am only going to attune one of them, and myself, before pushing onward into the stars.

[​IMG]

With a chisel to properly decorate the maze stone, I can make the next altar. It required a few other bits to properly integrate the unusual nature of the twilight stone into the starlight structure but I'd found most of them already.

[​IMG]

The naga wasn't a pushover, and I know the latter foes to be more dangerous still, thus I knew I had to turn to the limited brewing I could do. A strangely rustic brew to slowly regain my health, but better then nothing at all.

[​IMG]

With some of the plant I'd found I am able to use this condenser to make some very basic brews indeed. None of them can be upgraded to be stronger with this limited machine and quite a few things are beyond my reach, but it is of some little help.

[​IMG]

Thus better prepared I take on the tower. Sure I could skip it entirely, climb to the top and hammer my way in, but if I did that, the rewards inside would go unclaimed. Light. Time. Potions. Patience. Some of the best weapons in the world, when used right.

[​IMG]

As long as the lich does not set his tower ablaze to try to take me with him, the fight isn't too hard to one properly prepared. As the power of my atunement grows it should become easier and easier to win. This one didn't drop the treasure I wanted, and his tower likewise was without what I sought.

[​IMG]

Six of his ilk had to fall before I'd gotten everything I desired from them, and a number of things that I as yet couldn't use, but knew I'd need in time. Curiously the wand that would have made the fight against the others a fair challenge was once again the very last to fall. In the long run though it might be the lifedrain wand that saves me the most trouble.

[​IMG]

North of my entrance, there was a frozen land. I'd seen ice before and even knew where I could harvest ice spikes myself, but this frozen cave was packed with the stuff. While a weapon of sponge is useless in combat, it is useful in harvesting such things. Likewise the fur of these creatures is well worth the harvest, worth taking the time to farm. They are not just something that stands in the way of my advancement, they are a stepping stone in my conquest.

[​IMG]

A combination of silk touch to remove ice without breaking it and the climbing gloves gets me to the top of the ice with ease. The inside of the tower itself was a less enjoyable climb. Deep in the frozen heart of this castle was the frozen queen herself, and after her defeat I took away the pillaged loot of her domain and returned home.

[​IMG]

After the trip I did a bit of house keeping. Raised some sheep. Grew some flowers. Felted the wool onto thatch cubes to form blocks of it. Refined my wine making technique until I had something quite worth drinking. This could combine with the rather basic potions I'd made before to help me through the harder spots that where to come.

[​IMG]

That wool? Well, I'd encountered somebody who needed it. A vasty and mighty beast living in a ruined temple. The rewards for help where not much, but some things you complete because it's the right thing to do. Others because it's there.

[​IMG]

While the wine was brewing and the flock growing the wool, I took the time to make offerings until the entire collection of constellations was complete in my book.

[​IMG]

Each night I turned my sight to the sky until I'd recorded the positions of everything in the sky and found everything that those whispers had spoken of to me. Perhaps I won't need to know all of these, but it gives me a certain feeling of achievement to have them.

[​IMG]

For now, and until the dawn, look to the skies. See what you can, learn what you will, and see what resonates inside yourself. Take what you can, and make that power yours.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 10:27 PM
    OniyaMCD and Tianyulong like this.
  5. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

[​IMG]

A full set of constellations, and some more materials from the twilight realm, a bit of work and I've made the starlight infuser. With this I can take some of the existing materials I've gotten and make them better, bending the power of the stars for my own ends.

[​IMG]

The first of these infused gems has been used to improve one of the most refined and powerful of the crystals into a form that could capture light by itself. Some of that light I direct into the crafting table, so as to be able to craft other things more easily.

[​IMG]

The more important use of it though is to infuse the light of the stars into the iron directly, without having to use the longer and harder crafting method. Seems though that I don't have anything that can harvest it.

[​IMG]

Though, on second thought, from that frozen tower, some of the chests had armor made from knightsteel. A few of them combined and I've got one fully repaired. A simple enough matter to melt that down and make a single plate from it. That plate now becomes a hammer that can crack this puzzle for me.

[​IMG]

Now that I have easy access to star metal it doesn't take me long to make a full set of the amplified collector crystals. These are so very much better then trying to use the small mirrors to amplify the collected light.

[​IMG]

First upgrade the place the mirrors where collecting starlight to maintain the crystals in top condition, and then use the collected light to push the altar into a more complete form.

[​IMG]

With this I've pushed the study of the starlight as far as I can, and I can start getting the most valuable rewards for my work. I can craft almost anything and infuse the starlight into it with any aspect I need.

[​IMG]

I've taken the power of flight for myself. Not perhaps as mighty as having my own wings, or the raw power of a jetpack, but the most modest form, some simple gliding. With my wand though also infused I can gather starlight into it and be launched higher and faster then the simple gliding would normally allow. Exploration and travel are now much easier and less frustrating.

[​IMG]

Two crystals. Both of them carefully enhanced, sharpened, purified, and grown. Formed into a blade, and then in turn sharpened again, and repaired with more starlight. Taken further by infusing yet more starlight into it. This blade is perhaps not the ultimate weapon, but it will serve me well. A reward well earned for all this effort. While I could do something much the same and make other tools, I come to hope that I will only need this one, it was not a trivial task.

[​IMG]

Starlight infused into a sapling forms a ghostly tree. Other saplings fall from it and in time plant themselves, only to grow again and again. The wood and berries get harvested as I get time and as I remember. There might be better ways to grow trees for myself, but this will serve me well enough for as little lumber as I need of late.

[​IMG]

I already have mazestone, because I was slightly sneaky and took some from under a hedge. Seems that it is meant to come from a larger maze, one that lives under the surface of the swamp. In addition to the boss and the food I need to protect me from the aura of the fire swamp, there's a well protected vault. The stone takes a long time to break, but with water, a haste totem, and patience...

[​IMG]

... the vault reveals the treasure to me. While this mazebreaker does work faster on maze stone, I find the other harder stones of the world are no easier to take with this pick. On the other hand the enchantments on it are rather impressive. If I could just get two of them together so I could combine them, and perhaps mending, I would be rather fortunate.

[​IMG]

Inside the fireswamp of the hydra, there was also a nest of vexatious minions. This made things a bit more complicated of a fight with the hydra then it normally is. With a rather mighty bow though the beast was no more. My bow? Mostly steelleaf. I've gone so far as to put raven feathers on the arrows, to be a proper hunter of this realm.

[​IMG]

Head of the hydra to act as a key into a stronghold in the darkness. Other beasts just as mighty would have opened my way but I had this one on hand after my previous victory. Into the deep dark underground, hunting for the uneasy spirits.

[​IMG]

Seems somebody left a trap for me. Guess I should say it's here to guard the treasure from me. Still if I can discover it and notice it, it's not much of a trap. Loot here is rather nice, and there's more then a few spawners and other things worth having in here as well.

[​IMG]

With the defeat of these uneasy spirits, the machines of the tower will answer to me with less trouble. I might though take my time to track down a few more sets of these uneasy spirits because the armor is rather nice, if only for my collection.

[​IMG]

In the center of the trackless woods, a tall tower of sturdy wood stands, full of unusual and arcane machines. At the top is a crying ghost with burning tears. Such is my quest.

[​IMG]

Such unusual foodstuffs are not the only things to be found. I took some of the timbers from here, a number of the pistons, and the cores out of some of the experiments. This will save me trouble in crafting latter, keeping me from having to harvest traces from the woodbore beetles.

[​IMG]

The crying ghost is an easier fight with a strong bow. Without a strong bow I had to use the machines of the tower pull it down within my reach. A few shots with the bow, and then I had to charge another of the machines. I thought that would be all, but the crying ghost rained a storm of tears. A leap from the top, and a strike of lightening, a skeletal form, and the soldiers of death burst forth to fight me.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 9:11 AM
    OniyaMCD and Tianyulong like this.