Storage

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok playing monster pack and I want a 256 x 256 quarry but I don't have any room for that amount of cobble I've heard of deep storage units but there pricey now wondering if there's any other cheap mass storage devices not including AE also I have all disabled mods enabled if that helps I'm short on resources pls help :)

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Try factorization barrels. All you need is wood. Or Jabba Barrels. I don't know there price. Or you can use the Extra Utilities trash can with some form of item transport and filtering. Also, for the factorization barrels, you insert from the top and extract from the bottom.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Never heard of Janna barrels and factorization won't cut it I will get around 5m cobble from this that means I need around 1220 barrels not really doable :/[DOUBLEPOST=1392509822][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try factorization barrels. All you need is wood. Or Jabba Barrels. I don't know there price. Or you can use the Extra Utilities trash can with some form of item transport and filtering. Also, for the factorization barrels, you insert from the top and extract from the bottom.
Also I would like to keep the cobble I have a thing with throwing stuff away....

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
If you have auto crafting you could compress that cobblestone up to 8 time iirc. Craft the compressed cobblestone like you would a mineral block.

If you still have too much cobblestone (which would be amazing) craft a portal to the deep dark. Then store the cobblestone in a factorization barrel.

Last edited:

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
If you have auto crafting you could compress that cobblestone up to 8 time iirc. Craft the compressed cobblestone like you would a mineral block.

If you still have to much cobblestone (which would be amazing) craft a portal to the deep dark. Then store the cobblestone in a factorization barrel.
The portal to the deep dark dose t take much cobble but compressing it is a good idea thanks ps the deep dark takes about 10000 cobble or below I'm working with 5 million cobble from my first quarry :)

coolbrz

Jul 29, 2019
Worse comes to worse, set up some auto crafting into stone or sand etc. and then you can always setup a trash can to just void any extra cobble.

The other barrel mod in monster is Jabba, not Janna. The top tier upgrade is ~500k storage iirc. If you plan on getting into IC2 uu matter you could also setup some recyclers to turn it into scrap.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Trash Can it. Set up a ME system with Priority system that once the formatted discs with cobble, dirt, gravel etc are full will send the rest to the Trash can. There is really no point in storing that much cobble. Or as mentioned recycle some of it for scrap(also done by the priority system). Even if you don't have the infrastructure to make UU-matter right now, set up the recyclers and then autocraft the scrap into scrap boxes and you have reduced the items needed to be stored by 1/72th.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Why you want a 256x256 qurray. How will you get that? As I know the max size is 64. But just start with a smaller first and then go bigger later

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Why you want a 256x256 qurray. How will you get that? As I know the max size is 64. But just start with a smaller first and then go bigger later
Yeah so big quarries have the major downside of the fact that it will take ages until you get the stuff from lower levels. You will be much better off setting up several normal sized quarries(not to talk about the diminishing returns on power supplied).
Quarry+ allows for 256x256 quarries. Or he may just be doing 4 quarries simultaneously
*Cough* 16 *Cough*

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Autocraft them into octuple compressed cobblestone and mass-manufacture Deep Dark Portals.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Void cobble. Why you need to store them? Actually, think that from a 256x256 quarry you get something around 30k iron ore. That's also a problem.

Reactions: Padfoote

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Void cobble. Why you need to store them? Actually, think that from a 256x256 quarry you get something around 30k iron ore. That's also a problem.
Deep Dark Portals. Also it's not such a bad building material.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Despite the expense, last I knew you still got 4 DSU's for the recipe. That's enough to store all four common resources. (Cobble, dirt, gravel, and sand).

Reactions: Padfoote

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't the lastest update on ExtraUtilities made the sep and oct compressed cobblestone immune to wither's explosion? Those can be used to make a holding pen for wither, can it?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk