Status of the Great RF Transition?

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on an HQM map idea that revolves around TiC/bees/trees/minecarts/SFM/Steve's Carts, Witchery, etc. To do this I made my own pack so I could test mod interoperability and synthesis. Then the RF transitions were announced and I stopped messing with it because different mods were in different stages of transition and worked (or didn't work) with different versions. (Plus I really need Ex Aliquo, *sniff*.) Anyway, is it currently "safe" to install the latest Railcraft, Forestry, Binnie's Mods, Gendustry, and Magic Bees for the purposes of working on an HQM pack? I'm not worried about bugs or world destroying issues atm, but I would hate to get halfway through a quest line and have the core functionality or feature set of these mods suddenly change. So, what do you think? Would it be folly to start on such a map now?

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
It's fine now. Any mods moving over to RF have finished or mostly finished doing so.

Maybe I am missing something, but has Buildcraft actually released an RF version? And is the RF version of Railcraft out yet?

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Buildcraft has. And Railcraft did a couple weeks ago.

Links? Changelogs?

For Railcraft there is this commit on github posted 10 days ago with the ETA of Railcraft 9.4.x. Latest Railcraft version is 9.3.3.

For Buildcraft there is this commit on github, marked as merged for version 6.1.2. Latest available Buildcraft test build is 6.1.1.

Last edited:

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
...Would it be folly to start on such a map now?

You could build a few test worlds to mess around in for the next couple of weeks. If you dont see a lot of major changes then you can start fresh. The changes shouldnt be so major that world gen would be affected so you can probably get away with just updating the mods as they come out. Plus some of the more major mods have retrogen for cases such as these.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
I love how they just expect everyone to know what perdition means in buildcraft.
The people who care know, the people who don't care don't need to know as they will probably just use other cabling methods.