kevino23

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem start up crash

Pack Version 3.0.0

What is the bug? i dont know thats why i post it

Mod & Version Cyclops Core version unknown

Link to log file http://pastebin.com/Uzu1WpJm

Is it repeatable? yes

Known Fix removing optifine i only have this problem if i update the pack and try to start.
with the release version and with optifine i dont have problems.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

Pack Version 3.0.0

Is it repeatable? yes

Known Fix removing optifine i only have this problem if i update the pack and try to start.
Rule 1: Don't add Optifine to modded packs. Ever.

L

LovelyFlare

Pack Version 3.0.0

Is it repeatable? yes

Disable Surge by adding a .disabled extension to the mod in the folder.

Rule 1: Don't add Optifine to modded packs. Ever.
That's not a solution some people can deal with. I have to use OptiFine to run heavy packs otherwise I'm not able to run them at all. Though I do understand it's not supported due to conflicts in rendering.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Optifine is unsupported in all our packs because it crashes frequently when added to modded instances. If your system isn't capable of running your pack of choice without it and it's crashing when you add it you have 2 choices, you upgrade your system or you play a lighter pack.

kevino23

Jul 29, 2019
for real that are no choices playing a lighter pack why is that sf 2.5 with optifine no problems ftb infinity evolved with optifine no problems i can name them all so dont give me optifine is not supported and why upgrading my system i play every pack with optifine becausse some animations are disturbing for my gameplay with all this the crash log is showing a problem what is not caused by optifine

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
The fact that Optifine is unsupported is not up for debate. It isn't supported and never has been, if you add it to one of our packs you should count yourself fortunate if it doesn't crash. The crash is showing as originating in render code, code that Optifine changes with ASM (this is why it doesn't show in the stacktrace, and also why it isn't supported). If you can replicate this crash without Optifine then I will be quite happy to have a look at the stacktrace for you.

Not entirely sure what you thought you would gain from reporting me to...me. If you don't want the advice offered that is your choice.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Disable Surge by adding a .disabled extension to the mod in the folder.

That's not a solution some people can deal with. I have to use OptiFine to run heavy packs otherwise I'm not able to run them at all. Though I do understand it's not supported due to conflicts in rendering.

Optifine is not, and has never been, meant for use with modded packs. If I recall correctly, it is not meant to be used with Forge. So yes, not using Optifine is a solution that modded players will have to deal with if they want support using modpacks.
If I recall correctly, Optifine was created to enhance vanilla minecraft for computers that can't handle it well. The purpose may have changed since I last used it (MC Beta), however I believe that was why it was initially created.

Reactions: ICountFrom0
L

LovelyFlare

Optifine is not, and has never been, meant for use with modded packs. If I recall correctly, it is not meant to be used with Forge. So yes, not using Optifine is a solution that modded players will have to deal with if they want support using modpacks.
If I recall correctly, Optifine was created to enhance vanilla minecraft for computers that can't handle it well. The purpose may have changed since I last used it (MC Beta), however I believe that was why it was initially created.
Yes, I realize it isn't meant to be used with modded packs and screws a lot around for mods. Also I do realize the annoyance of people posting OptiFine related crashes. Still, I'd rather have something let me play something even if it's unsupported than not have it at all.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Locking this down. Here's the deal: If you use Optifine do not report bugs to me. I won't acknowledge them. It crashes modpacks and I'm not going to bug fix packs with optifine. If that's your only method of playing then you'll have to accept the risks.

Also, reporting the person who responded to your questions is a bit far, huh? Especially since Quetzi is the person who runs the forums. He legitimately did nothing wrong and answered your questions with our policies on Optifine. People then argued and he reiterated our policies. It's a bit juvenile to report him because you didn't like his response.

Status
Not open for further replies.