Space Block - HQM Jampack WIP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Okay as someone very smart in some corner of the internet once said, "less QQ more pewpew".

Cut the crap, let the poor guy/gal make his/her modpack for the competition and if you can't answer properly, then don't. This from a guy who's usually the one spewing profanities.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Okay as someone very smart in some corner of the internet once said, "less QQ more pewpew".

Cut the crap, let the poor guy/gal make his/her modpack for the competition and if you can't answer properly, then don't. This from a guy who's usually the one spewing profanities.
Agreed. I do suggest he ---- off from the General FTB Chat for such a thing, though. From what I've seen, the serious discussion on such things is in the Public Third Party Packs section of the forums.
Because Jam Packed or not, that's where serious discussion about such things are done. And seeing as this is the internet, the GIFT gets into play when we get the chance to get even slightly into a Moral High Ground. Not even enough for a full +2 to hit, and rarely enough for even a +1 to hit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding the oredictionary names for items. For example, I would like to know how to reference irion plates with minetweaker. Any help would be apreciated.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding the oredictionary names for items. For example, I would like to know how to reference irion plates with minetweaker. Any help would be apreciated.
Have you tried oreDict.plateIron?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. I do suggest he ---- off from the General FTB Chat for such a thing, though. From what I've seen, the serious discussion on such things is in the Public Third Party Packs section of the forums.
Because Jam Packed or not, that's where serious discussion about such things are done. And seeing as this is the internet, the GIFT gets into play when we get the chance to get even slightly into a Moral High Ground. Not even enough for a full +2 to hit, and rarely enough for even a +1 to hit!
1) Language. Edited. :(
2) That section's for actual stuff on the launcher and questions re: getting it on the launcher. Not really about how to assemble the nuts and bolts of a pack or the art of creating a pack. The third party team actively prods things out of the section that aren't in that scope. This is actually as good as any a place for it to end up.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Well, after working on the modpack I've encountered 2 big problems. First lack of automation of sieves. Without automation the player will have to get 200 bronze manually just to make the bronze blast furnance (essenstial to get out of gregtech bronze age. I REALLY don't want to add TE and introduce another energy grid only to use the autonomous activator. The second problem is the lack of any purpose for the power gregtech makes. At the end, it's only used to make UU-matter which I can get from sieving. Any constructive ideas?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, after working on the modpack I've encountered 2 big problems. First lack of automation of sieves. Without automation the player will have to get 200 bronze manually just to make the bronze blast furnance (essenstial to get out of gregtech bronze age. I REALLY don't want to add TE and introduce another energy grid only to use the autonomous activator. The second problem is the lack of any purpose for the power gregtech makes. At the end, it's only used to make UU-matter which I can get from sieving. Any constructive ideas?
Enable the automation in the config, it's kinda oddly named crowley.skyblock.cfg for some reason.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Enable the automation in the config, it's kinda oddly named crowley.skyblock.cfg for some reason.
The point is not enabling it, but rather that there is no device in the pack capable of automating it even with the config option enabled

have you considered trying to use an alternate method for generating resources other than exN/A? For example I understand GT adds to what IC2 has in it's crop system to add a number of breedable crops that produce base materials including tin and copper. What if you tried to take the player down the IC2 crops route, especially since they are a very under-utilised part of the mod?

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, thankyou for revealing that information to me. Does anyone know how to automate. I think the cropharvester from ic2 does that, but one covers 1 square. I thought it was only possible to get different types of plants. Like getting reed from wheat. I might add a quest line for that if I can understand it.
I think maybe another option is to let other mod world generation allowed on mars and reducing the cost of certain bronze age recipes. In one hour i got aprox 24 bronze ingots. That would require roughly 10 hours of gameplay just for the blast furnace. If I change the plate bronze brick recipe to 3x the amount. That would reduce the time to 3 hours. The bronze boiler is a crucial piece in the bronze age, so I think spending some time getting it is warranted. Once the player is out of the bronze age, he can travel to the moon where he can mine, tin and copper. I might have to change some recipes to bronze machine hulls since there isn't iron. (a mod for mining will have to be added) Once the player gets the resources, he will be able to travel to mars where mod world gen is enabled and hopefully will find ores like tungsten. Can anyone confirm ores will be generated with the config file changed?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, thankyou for revealing that information to me. Does anyone know how to automate. I think the cropharvester from ic2 does that, but one covers 1 square. I thought it was only possible to get different types of plants. Like getting reed from wheat. I might add a quest line for that if I can understand it.
At the very least if IC2 doesn't have an inbuilt way to harvest the crops, gregtech most definitely does in its 1.6.4 versions.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone interested, a small update, I have added 25 quests. The quests show the player how to survive and travel to other planets. (with this being a skyblock map with gregtech and many recipes changed, it might not be obvious) I will start adding submision quests once I get my playthrough to the point of having farms.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a Forge mod that adds a timer to the game to track how long you've been playing. I keep on find bukkit mods. I really liked this feature in the pyramid map.