Soul Shards for power

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Back in topic, my early game strategy to produce some juice is a skeleton farm, bonemeal a dark room (deployer + transoposer), filter to get rid of all the "non-biofuelable" stuff, plantballs from seed and biomass generated. After that, when I get the armor and the enchantments (and maybe a jetpack) to easily survive in the nether, blaze farm.

Always keep in mind that you can get a tier 5 soul shard just killing 10 mobs and wasting a couple of diamonds in the process, no need to kill 1024 mobs or to find 5 spawners.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
Haha I tried to change it back earlier but no one seems to care about the question I asked in the beginning anymore

Everyone is more focused on proving each other wrong and it will continue to be that way. So no point in raging about it, we all know the truth. But how is that different from anywhere else on this forum?

Anyways, Like it has been said, wither skelly is pretty much your best bet because you don't have to molest the coal to use it in a boiler.

Back in topic, my early game strategy to produce some juice is a skeleton farm, bonemeal a dark room (deployer + transoposer), filter to get rid of all the "non-biofuelable" stuff, plantballs from seed and biomass generated. After that, when I get the armor and the enchantments (and maybe a jetpack) to easily survive in the nether, blaze farm.

Always keep in mind that you can get a tier 5 soul shard just killing 10 mobs and wasting a couple of diamonds in the process, no need to kill 1024 mobs or to find 5 spawners.
However, creativity will always score you more points with the community and others like madaffacca recommends.

So this thread has recommended:
  1. Skellys > bonemeal > trees > steamboiler (Loufmier)
  2. Enderman & Blaze > Enderpears & blaze powder > Endereyes> Magic Converter (Ako_the_Builder)
  3. Bonemeal > MFR Biofuel Generator (Juanitierno)
  4. Slime spawner > smelt slimeballs > Centerfuge Sticky Resin > Ferment plant balls > biofuel to boiler (Redweeviel)
  5. Zombie Spawner or Cow/Chicken/Pork spawner > Centerfuge Product > Methane to boiler (TangentialThreat)
  6. Redcaps Spawner > wheat to fermenter > Biofuel to boiler (BlackFire)
I do know that the methane production is highly controversial because the amount of effort that needs to be put into it, and using Blaze Spawners is too much effort and requires more than one spawner due to the nerf.

Also for ultimate badassness you could combine a wither skelly spawner with an automated Wither killer to get netherstars for your magic converter ;)

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Nether stars I had automated using Relequary, so an automated wither killing system isn't nessessary.
And remember that although the nether star WILL fill an MFSU, it has a pretty crappy output rate, and therefore rates a long time to do so.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't this also affect your flux ? I mean it would be pretty cool running 10 of them at once ?

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
Nether stars I had automated using Relequary, so an automated wither killing system isn't nessessary.
And remember that although the nether star WILL fill an MFSU, it has a pretty crappy output rate, and therefore rates a long time to do so.

But its something to do with the millions of spare wither heads you collect.
Doesn't this also affect your flux ? I mean it would be pretty cool running 10 of them at once ?

Oh it does, it very much does. I've heard of people having their setups in The End to avoid that problem.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
But its something to do with the millions of spare wither heads you collect.

Oh it does, it very much does. I've heard of people having their setups in The End to avoid that problem.

Making nether stars via XR does take 3 heads, but you don't need to kill the wither yourself. Or make an automated contraption for it.
It does, a bit like the alternate recipes for IC2 fertiliser take 1 nether star to get started however.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
Making nether stars via XR does take 3 heads, but you don't need to kill the wither yourself. Or make an automated contraption for it.
It does, a bit like the alternate recipes for IC2 fertiliser take 1 nether star to get started however.
XR isn't an option if you are on the beta packs. If I don't have it now no point in planning to use it in the future. Better to find another work around that can be used now and in the future.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
XR IS updated to 1.5.2 :3
We have it on RR - soon to be publically released!
That's why I was assuming...

Also overall, the EASIEST way to generate power is just blazes, and sticking the rods into some IC2 generators/TE steam engines.