Soul Shards for power

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys

I was wondering what soul shard is best for generating power ?
Iv seen many people using blaze,wither,zombie(methane) but I was wondering what would the best be for a newish world ?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
if its a 1.4.7 ultimate, you can go a bit more creative:
1.use skeleton spawner for bones
2.use bonemeal from bones to fertilize trees via RP deployer
3.cut those trees with mfr harvester, and use wood to power you things.
alternatively you can use bonemeal to create industrial fertilizer for mfr farms.
just try to be a bit more creative :)

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
if its a 1.4.7 ultimate, you can go a bit more creative:
1.use skeleton spawner for bones
2.use bonemeal from bones to fertilize trees via RP deployer
3.cut those trees with mfr harvester, and use wood to power you things.
alternatively you can use bonemeal to create industrial fertilizer for mfr farms.

hes asking for the BEST way but oke its still a good tip

wither skeleton is the best you can do stuff with thee bones and with the coal:)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019

1. enderman for pearls, blazes for blaze rods
2. pulverise rods to blaze powder
3. autocraft pearls and powder to ender eyes
4 use eyes in a gregtech magic energy converter

I don't do that, I use wither spawner for coal, feed coal to 9 coke ovens, run 36hp boiler of coal coke (bones get pulverised to bonemeal for my mfr bioreactor, skulls get used for THE SKULL THRONE, er I mean withers) - For fun: 27 coke ovens can run 3 solid fuel 36hps off the coal coke and 1 liquid 36hp off the creosote

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Skeleton spawner
Macerate the bones
put the bonemeal in an MFR biofuel generator (along with anything else you might have)
use the biofuel on liquid boilers.

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
1. enderman for pearls, blazes for blaze rods
2. pulverise rods to blaze powder
3. autocraft pearls and powder to ender eyes
4 use eyes in a gregtech magic energy converter

I don't do that, I use wither spawner for coal, feed coal to 9 coke ovens, run 36hp boiler of coal coke (bones get pulverised to bonemeal for my mfr bioreactor, skulls get used for THE SKULL THRONE, er I mean withers) - For fun: 27 coke ovens can run 3 solid fuel 36hps off the coal coke and 1 liquid 36hp off the creosote

`he i did that to once wen i wannet to be creative :)

60 of those give quite a lot of power :)

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Unless something has changed recently, spawners (even chunkloaded T5 ones) don't work if there is no player within 8 chunks.

If this is still true (it was in 1.4.7 when last I tested it) and you're chunkloading, then boilers might be a bad idea.

Wither skeletons would seem to be the most optimal choice as you can use both the coal and the bonemeal to generate power.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
what`s the product from centrifuging sticky resin that can be fermented? plantballs?

Yeah and compressed plant balls. If you use the magma crucible plus thermal generator style of generating EU it becomes infinite and produces rubber for days

Darknesschaos

Jul 29, 2019
Unless something has changed recently, spawners (even chunkloaded T5 ones) don't work if there is no player within 8 chunks.

If this is still true (it was in 1.4.7 when last I tested it) and you're chunkloading, then boilers might be a bad idea.

Wither skeletons would seem to be the most optimal choice as you can use both the coal and the bonemeal to generate power.

T5s do not care about player proximity.

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
T5s do not care about player proximity.

Just tested it in a 1.4.7 ultimate SP world, and yep .. they do. :)

Easy test. Chunkloader next to a T5 drop spawner with a wood golem worker collecting drops and putting them in an enderchest.

Move a long distance away, drop a matching enderchest. The items in the ender chest will not increase once you're a certain distance away despite the T5 spawner being chunkloaded.

Darknesschaos

Jul 29, 2019
Just tested it in a 1.4.7 ultimate SP world, and yep .. they do. :)

Easy test. Chunkloader next to a T5 drop spawner with a wood golem worker collecting drops and putting them in an enderchest.

Move a long distance away, drop a matching enderchest. The items in the ender chest will not increase once you're a certain distance away despite the T5 spawner being chunkloaded.
I have my ultimate server going 24/7 and my T5 witch farm has no problem constantly generating stuff with MFR killing it. So I have no idea why it isn't working for you.[DOUBLEPOST=1372368802][/DOUBLEPOST]According to this wiki, Tier 4 and 5 do not care about the player.
http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Shards

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno what to tell ya; it's an extremely simple test to replicate if you want to see for yourself.

I assume you're also chunkloading with a chickenchunk?

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Easy to explain. They don't care about the player to spawn, but they do care about the player in regards to despawn timer. If there's no player in however many amount of blocks next to the T4/5, mobs despawn much faster. This was done after unattended T4/5's murdered many a server and the whine became unbearable.

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, that could well be the case, brujon.

Mob might be despawning before they splat in a drop-spawner, but MFR grinders might sometimes catch 'em before they do.

And yeah, wikis heh .. not the most reliable of things.

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.4.7, I hooked up a Blaze spawner to a HP boiler. That didn't work well. I ended up using wither skeletons instead. It worked well.

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.4.7, I hooked up a Blaze spawner to a HP boiler. That didn't work well. I ended up using wither skeletons instead. It worked well.

I have 2 soul shards spawning blazes for the setup, 36HP solid fueled, easy. Feed items into boiler and overflow into generators
and over overflow into barrels (temp)

At full temp you only need 1.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Chickens keep spawning and ending up in the enderchest at any distance while wither skeletons and creepers do not. This is because chickens and other passive mobs don't despawn when they're far from the player but monsters do.

You could centrifuge meat for methane, or just build a colossal buffer for fuel.