So the 2 new modpacks...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LegendofMo

Jul 29, 2019
So far we have 3 new modpacks for FTB in 1.5.2.
Unleahsed- Magical mods
Unhinged- Insane hardcore Gregtech based modpack.
Direwolf20- Easy tech.

So, do you think in the future we will get a modpack like Ultimate where it combines tech, difficulty, and magic? It's hard to decide what modpack to go with because of one being ultra hardcore, another being magic, and another being easy. Please note that we do not need red power 2 in order to call it FTB.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
Unleashed is the new Ultimate, basically. It isn't just magic, it has all of the same tech mods except GT (and that won't be in anything but GT-centric packs from here out)

LegendofMo

Jul 29, 2019
Well that sucks. I guess ultimate IS the ultimate FTB pack. Really the only thing in 1.5 I want is the sliding in a crafting table option

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
Well that sucks. I guess ultimate IS the ultimate FTB pack. Really the only thing in 1.5 I want is the sliding in a crafting table option
You could get Unleashed and add GT in manually if you want the added difficulty. Shouldn't be too hard, just some ID changes I think. Other than that Unleashed should have everything else you could want

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019

You can add the mod MouseTweaks to your 1.4.7 ultimate pack and have the best of both worlds :)

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
You could get Unleashed and add GT in manually if you want the added difficulty. Shouldn't be too hard, just some ID changes I think. Other than that Unleashed should have everything else you could want

Nah, the FTB team changed some id's in unleashed so that you can add GT without any id conflicts.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Or you can use both and disable Gregs block smelting.
There's always that if you want to play with GT - I certainly don't.
To anyone who doesn't know the reason why there's Unhinged and Unleashed right now, here it is.
It all started because of a change Greg made and he wanted mDyio to change it.
You see, this is why I hate Greg. He went all "It's not my fault!" when it was, blaming mDyio. Then he lied, crashed the game and kept going "It's not my fault!" despite all the shit he's done.
I mean, I hate him as a person/game desginer, as a coder, he's actually preety good.
If only he had someone to be the creative mastermind behind GregTech and not him.

NOTE: This is only my opinion, and I have arguments to support it. Please do not turn this into a GregTech flame war, as I was trying to get the facts and the reasons why we have Unleashed and Unhinged right now and not only one modpack (Ultimate).

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
There's always that if you want to play with GT - I certainly don't.
To anyone who doesn't know the reason why there's Unhinged and Unleashed right now, here it is.
It all started because of a change Greg made and he wanted mDyio to change it.
You see, this is why I hate Greg. He went all "It's not my fault!" when it was, blaming mDyio. Then he lied, crashed the game and kept going "It's not my fault!" despite all the shit he's done.
I mean, I hate him as a person/game desginer, as a coder, he's actually preety good.
If only he had someone to be the creative mastermind behind GregTech and not him.

NOTE: This is only my opinion, and I have arguments to support it. Please do not turn this into a GregTech flame war, as I was trying to get the facts and the reasons why we have Unleashed and Unhinged right now and not only one modpack (Ultimate).

Thats not the facts though as to why the different versions. ;) Just sayin.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, the FTB team changed some id's in unleashed so that you can add GT without any id conflicts.

There are no conflicts in the block IDs anymore (which is awesome), but the item IDs in BoP still clash with GregTech, which results in some ... interesting ... recipes. :)

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
There are no conflicts in the block IDs anymore (which is awesome), but the item IDs in BoP still clash with GregTech, which results in some ... interesting ... recipes. :)

Oh yeah, there's that, but Unhinged has BoP too, so you could steal the configs from unhinged and paste them into unleashed.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
If only he had someone to be the creative mastermind behind GregTech.
Oh trust me, it's not hard to be creative, I'm sure that there's a froggypoopylon people out there with good ideas. (ask any pizza hut attendant to draw you a picture)

But ideas, even great ones are a dime a dozen, and practically useless unless you've got someone to do the heavy lifting for ya.

The problem is, that this kind of heavy lifting is done with the brain. Brainy folks have a tendency towards basing their ego's around being brainy, as such it's hard for them to let someone be the mastermind for them.

In short: not likely. Ever.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

And the new AppEng stuff? And the return of Logistics Pipes? And the massive updates to buildcraft? And the huge amount of new content in Tinker's Construct? And all the new blocks, liquids, and builds in Thermal Expansion? And BigReactors? And the improved Railcraft? And the liquid support for Steve's Carts? And the crazy number of improvements in MFR? And the metric ton of new thaumcraft content from Thaumic Tinkerer?

Seriously dude. The electrolyzer and a few multiblock tech structures are not all that. You got no idea what you're missing. Not the least of which is a radically more useful vanilla redstone...[DOUBLEPOST=1376693424][/DOUBLEPOST]
The problem is, that this kind of heavy lifting is done with the brain. Brainy folks have a tendency towards basing their ego's around being brainy, as such it's hard for them to let someone be the mastermind for them.

In short: not likely. Ever.

Usually: Poppycocks is right. In this specific case and this specific part of the post: Poppycocks couldn't be more wrong. Many mod teams consist of a lead designer and a lead developer.

Reactions: Methusalem

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

I have double and triple checked the Master config files. If you are using 1.1.3 Unleashed configs and you place Greg Tech in your mods folder , I cannot find any ID conflicts. If you are using 1.1.2 configs there will be , and if you are using Unhinged configs there will be. With a 1.1.3 Unleashed pack directly download and freshly installed from the launcher with Biomes of Plenty enabled. I can put Greg Tech in and play it without any item or block conflicts.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
[Snip]Usually: Poppycocks is right. In this specific case and this specific part of the post: Poppycocks couldn't be more wrong. Many mod teams consist of a lead designer and a lead developer.

Mm, but he is right on the fact that it's very easy for brainy people to get an ego. But there's a lot of them that choose to fight it instead of just getting one.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Mm, but he is right on the fact that it's very easy for brainy people to get an ego. But there's a lot of them that choose to fight it instead of just getting one.

Yeah, because "brainy people" are unusually prone to fighting, argument, and a refusal to compromise. They're really into organized violence and competition. Typically someones IQ is directly related to their social ineptitude and their proclivity for violence.

Reactions: Mathemusician

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I have double and triple checked the Master config files. If you are using 1.1.3 Unleashed configs and you place Greg Tech in your mods folder , I cannot find any ID conflicts. If you are using 1.1.2 configs there will be , and if you are using Unhinged configs there will be. With a 1.1.3 Unleashed pack directly download and freshly installed from the launcher with Biomes of Plenty enabled. I can put Greg Tech in and play it without any item or block conflicts.

It is quite possible that I made a mistake (wouldn't be the first time :)). But just to make sure, use the default configs and pick one of the BoP berry bushes. You should get a GregTech Energy Flow Circuit (21259:0) instead of a berry. The same carried through for me for several other GregTeg recipes, that used BoP items instead. ... And if that is not the case, then it's me being stupid. :)

I've simply added 2000 to all BoP item IDs and that solved it for me. (But I do have a number of mods disabled, not sure if that also works with all mods active.)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
It is quite possible that I made a mistake (wouldn't be the first time :)). But just to make sure, use the default configs and pick one of the BoP berry bushes. You should get a GregTech Energy Flow Circuit (21259:0) instead of a berry. The same carried through for me for several other GregTeg recipes, that used BoP items instead. ... And if that is not the case, then it's me being stupid. :)

I've simply added 2000 to all BoP item IDs and that solved it for me. (But I do have a number of mods disabled, not sure if that also works with all mods active.)

GregTech and BoP do things in a really boneheaded way that makes this hard to catch. You can't just execute a startup and see all conflicts.

But, there is also a weird bug where sometimes Optifine does this. So don't go all LTMP on poor jaded just yet.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
But, there is also a weird bug where sometimes Optifine does this. So don't go all LTMP on poor jaded just yet.

On the contrary, the current Unleashed pack is fantastic. With the content and also how well everything works together. If anything, then Jaded deserves a big fat "Thank you!".

Reactions: Flipz