So I'm trying to power a pulverizer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
To be fair, while some of the responses have been somewhat unkind, someone failing to grasp that you need to actually supply power and getting angry when told otherwise is painful.

I told you it was your fault Reika! Gad, fix yer code!
*hides behind an Leadstone Conduit*

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yes... molten redstone... that's it... *looks up leadstone conduit recipe, notices no molten redstone used*
*bleeds out quickly*

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
And Idk how to give it power. No one can help me i guess I'll figure it out on my own thanks for nothing

You didn't say anything at all about charging the cell in your original question.

As the sign in my CS101 class in the '70s read: "GIGO. Garbage In, Garbage Out."

Reactions: RedBoss

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The thing I find puzzling here is that the poster opened up like they are familiar with FTB and or modded MC and can't be a total nub.

@Zalison What was the last version of Minecraft you used? I'm gonna say 1.4 becasue RF's been around for a good while and is as simple to use as plugging in your EZ-mode breakfast maker 9000. Just how new are you to mods? Because even in the old days you still needed to power the energy cell with an engine. These days it's the same only you use one of the myriad of RF generators and dynamos.
Eventually when you learn how to use RF you'll feel a little dumb referring to RF as complicated.

acker

Jul 29, 2019
  • Build an Aqueous Accumulator, some fluiducts, leadstone conduits and Steam Dynamos
  • Put the Aqueous Accumulator in the middle of a 3x1 infinite water source
  • Connect the fluiducts to one of the Aqueous Accumulators output faces and the other end to all the Steam Dynamos
  • Connect the leadstone conduits onto each Dynamo and then onto the Energy Cell
  • Set the Energy Cell's output to face the machines you want to power, and either put the machine directly on its face or run more conduits
  • Put coal in the Steam Dynamo to burn it as fuel, to produce energy
In this image the Dynamo is directly on top of the Aqueous Accumulator. If you only need 1 Dynamo, this works fine. If you need more, use fluiducts as described above.
Ovt3sXI.png

Thank you for being helpful.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Now I feel bad... :oops:

Damn rights you should feel bad! If you hadn't made the mistake of not putting liquid redstone into the pipes, none of this would have happened.....

(Okay, I'm done now.. honest.. /e goes back to creeping... err lurking... yeah.. lurking)

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, while some of the responses have been somewhat unkind, someone failing to grasp that you need to actually supply power and getting angry when told otherwise is painful.
We are just annoyed :p Ignore our rage
Everyone is new at one point. It would be more beneficial to the community to simply convey requested information rather than berating the inquirer for his lack of knowledge or experience. It only requires a bit more time and effort to write a useful message over a toxic one, so why not put forth a little more effort to improve our community?

I'm not sure who I'm more dissapointed in. The OP or my fellow FTBers.
Indeed. Almost every post in this thread has been toxic. I've seen a worrying amount of this behaviour in my time here. Although the OP was rude, his first post was neutral. He became rude after rude responses. Although this does not justify OP's rudeness, it should be considered. If the first response was a combination of Hoff's and my post, OP would've had everything he needed to know without any drama.

Last edited:
Reactions: acker and kaovalin

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I think the reason why there was a degree of vitriol is due to the perpetual requests for help from [new member]s, with no pictures or actual description of the error occurring, this coupled with the fact that the information that was needed for this question is easily answered with a quick google search.

If you look back to the OP and the following posts before they decided that we weren't helpful, the requests/suggestions being made were quite friendly and accurate. It was only after the OP threw their hands up in the air and basically said we were not helpful that the "teasing" began.

As a community, I find this one to be the most helpful, but even the nicest folks get worn down after a while.
It is frustrating that there seems to be a lack of people trying to figure basic things out for themselves, and they would rather someone hand the answers to them on a silver platter.
Maybe I'm getting old, but damn.. kids these days.

Last edited:

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Well this handcart on a locomotive track got derailed fairly quickly, especially when ran over by Reika's Fusion-Powered Rotary Hovercraft running at the speed of light at 5TPS :p.
(The OP only has a handcart cause he can't discover the wonders of POWAR!)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Some impatient angry spoiled little kid who cant take a joke shows up and demands answers to a painfully silly question. (The sort of person who made the official minecraft forums what it is today, the sort who make modders decide its not worth it.) And he leaves in a huff and wont ever be back. Im not seeing a problem here.