So I'm trying to power a pulverizer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Woah... Yeah... I figured it out myself. All I had to do was put a dynamo next to the red cell, but I had NO idea about the dynamo engines. All I needed was like this sentence: 'Put a dynamo engine next to the redcell', and I would have been good. I do apologize for my rudeness though. I was very frustrated that day after 20 mins of searching for an answer on google to no avail. Then to come seek help on here only to have someone tell me to go back on google was beyond annoying.
the google-fu is weak in this one.

if i'm to google "redstone energy cell"(the in game name of the block) the first google link leads to Redstone Energy Cell - Feed The Beast Wiki which leads to either redstone cell from TE2 or TE3, both of which explain what kind of power they store and what kind of energy producers can charge it.

so, may i ask for what did you search via google that lead to no result?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Woah... Yeah... I figured it out myself. All I had to do was put a dynamo next to the red cell, but I had NO idea about the dynamo engines. All I needed was like this sentence: 'Put a dynamo engine next to the redcell', and I would have been good. I do apologize for my rudeness though. I was very frustrated that day after 20 mins of searching for an answer on google to no avail. Then to come seek help on here only to have someone tell me to go back on google was beyond annoying.

Case closed.

Reactions: RedBoss

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
upload_2014-10-4_13-8-58.jpeg

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
A couple things here.

First: I'm glad you figured it out OP. Really I am, but how did it take 20 minutes to not figure this out when if you go to google and put in "how to power a pulverizer" there are links that not only explain, but show in a video how to do exactly what you were looking for. Thermal Expansion use has not changed very much, unless you are using 1.7, but again, we did not have any information to go on. You have to understand here, we automatically think that people who need information would google before looking on specific web sites. That's our bad.

Second: If you look at when I came in it was well after the OP had already said they were "out of here". If there were deleted posts, then there were deleted posts. I did not see these, nor does the forum show that posts were deleted, by whom and why. To be fair, I was making light of the general theme of "everything that is wrong with modded MC is Reika's fault", and was playing around with Reika. It wasn't until ProfessorMudkip spoke out about certain responses that I started to speak about why some folks may have been frustrated/ticked off with the attitude given by the OP.

I will stand by my statements on how even the most seasoned members on this forum can from time to time just facepalm, and after a rude "eff you all" (I know that was not the term used, but you get the idea) there is a very good chance that there will be retribution. I will also stand by my thoughts that when someone is looking for information, they should be just a wee bit humble in asking. If you don't know, don't get pissed when people don't give you the exact answer you want. You may not like the answer, you may get a partial answer in the hopes that you will learn how to do something for yourself (coughgooglecough).

If you went to your teacher, and asked a question, they would not give you the answer. They would try to find out what you really were asking for, then guide you to ways that you would be able to find the answer for yourself.
If you told the teacher, after not getting the answer, that they were being mean by not giving the answer, then say you were "out", do you think you would be taking a trip to the principal's office?

In the end though, I would like to thank Zalison for coming back and saying sorry for their rudeness. That goes a long way here, and I welcome you to the forums!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
All good. No one is mad about your question, we just had some who made a bit of fun of it.

By the way, the TE3 energy conduits (leadstone, hardenend, restone or resonant) all convert the old MJ energy into the new RF energy. So if you feel more confortable with the old buildcraft engine, just stick a bit of TE conduits between that and the energy cell.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
All good. No one is mad about your question, we just had some who made a bit of fun of it.

By the way, the TE3 energy conduits (leadstone, hardenend, restone or resonant) all convert the old MJ energy into the new RF energy. So if you feel more confortable with the old buildcraft engine, just stick a bit of TE conduits between that and the energy cell.

This is wrong. TE conduits do NOT convert MJ to RF. They will, however, convert RF to MJ if a machine needs MJ.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019

do they? i know that conduits can convert RF->MJ to power MJ machines, but it's first for me to hear that they can accept MJ from engines.

edit. too slow :(

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Gad damn it Reika! Get your sh*t together! Fix this naow!!! :)

I too am confused about the RF -> MJ thing. If this was the case, I would never have to make an Electric Generator again.... /swoon

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome back :) I think we all have are bad days. And this community has been in a bad situation (as far as flaming is concerned) because of two things, the argument over RF being to simplistic and the M$ aquisition of Mojang. Thus I hope you can understand we were a wee riled up :p

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Gad damn it Reika! Get your sh*t together! Fix this naow!!! :)

I too am confused about the RF -> MJ thing. If this was the case, I would never have to make an Electric Generator again.... /swoon
No I was wrong you are right guys. TE conduits only convert RF to MJ. But ender IO conduits or extra util energy transfer node can... :D

Sorry ender conduits are too good I was confused.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
No I was wrong you are right guys. TE conduits only convert RF to MJ. But ender IO conduits or extra util energy transfer node can... :D

Sorry ender conduits are too good I was confused.

I love me some Ender Conduits. My Turbine reactor loves them too since it outputs more than the enhanced conduits can handle.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Publicly shaming people isn't that nice a thing either. ◉_◉

That wasn't the intent of the post I posted that because I was saying that that post was a disappointment. Which is starting to get a bit more regular around here :( but it doesn't matter anymore as the post was deleted.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2