So as compensation to all forum users. (Mod Pack Mod List - New Feature Pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's something that people should joke about. Too many people really do seem to think that mod devs are just there to serve our every whim. So it's like joking about racism or sexism or something like that - it's a dangerous thing to do, because it is too close to reality for comfort. And yeah, I do accept that it is possible to joke about racism and sexism, but it isn't easy to pull off.

And I don't so that's why I intended it as a joke.
And if it was really like racism or sexism. The admins would make the forums red with the ban hammer if it did.

It's more like children in a store crying for there mommies to buy them a new toy.
Bad sure. But those children need time to grow up. Not smacked around by random strangers.

And a little rib. Saying something like "Suggestion: consider adding this. poke poke." by a few people who want the same thing. Isn't something anyone should have a problem with.

Kingler

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone put all the 1.6 packs and Unleashed in a table for easier comparison yet? I can't seem to find anything.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: jokermatt999

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
Cause the neather didn't have enough death. :p
Actually if you think about it a mod dedicated to adding new mobs is one of the only classes of mod not previously represented in any FTB pack.
True, but there are FTB mods that add a large number of mobs in addition to other things. Twilight Forest adds a lot of mobs. Of course, they are specific to the Twilight Forest. Ars Magica 2 adds a fair number of mobs as well, although it is not in this pack. Several other mods like Thaumcraft 4 and Natura add a few mobs as well. The thing is though, all these mobs fit both visually and thematically with Minecraft. Only two of the mobs from Lycanite's Mobs, the Ghoul Zombie and the Crypt Zombie, fit minecraft both visually and thematically. None of the rest of the mobs really fit visually, since they all have high definition textures, and some have non cuboid polygons that make them look sorely out of place in minecraft. Maybe about half of them fit thematically if not visually, with the other half being these weird alien mutant things, a robot(?), and a cyborg brain spider.

Now, maybe if a high definition texture pack was used with the modpack, these mobs wouldn't look so out of place. If a big theme in the mod pack was aliens or bizarre creatures, then that would help as well. Neither of these is the case, however. Lycanite's Mobs don't seem to fit well with anything in the modpack other than the title (Monster).

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
True, but there are FTB mods that add a large number of mobs in addition to other things. Twilight Forest adds a lot of mobs. Of course, they are specific to the Twilight Forest. Ars Magica 2 adds a fair number of mobs as well, although it is not in this pack. Several other mods like Thaumcraft 4 and Natura add a few mobs as well. The thing is though, all these mobs fit both visually and thematically with Minecraft. Only two of the mobs from Lycanite's Mobs, the Ghoul Zombie and the Crypt Zombie, fit minecraft both visually and thematically. None of the rest of the mobs really fit visually, since they all have high definition textures, and some have non cuboid polygons that make them look sorely out of place in minecraft. Maybe about half of them fit thematically if not visually, with the other half being these weird alien mutant things, a robot(?), and a cyborg brain spider.

Now, maybe if a high definition texture pack was used with the modpack, these mobs wouldn't look so out of place. If a big theme in the mod pack was aliens or bizarre creatures, then that would help as well. Neither of these is the case, however. Lycanite's Mobs don't seem to fit well with anything in the modpack other than the title (Monster).

Ok, maybe you will like this rational. Maby slow likes classic games and movies. Ya know like DOOM.
But hay if you don't like that one maby he should add the OreSpawn Mod instead. All the mobs are more ascetically like vanilla minecraft. Since that is all important and none of the other mods use high rez default textures. No mods like Ars Magica or the moulder forcefeald mod.
You'll really like the OreSpawn Mod especially win IT comes around. Who's it ya say why it's just little ol MOBZILLA!!! It's not to bad triple rapid fire explosive fireballs. Random lightning strikes. Mass Terran flattening jumps. Oh and did I mention that it has 4000 and a Regen so high that it's un killable even with cheat enchanted diamond swords or bows in CREATIVE MODE.
The only way to kill it is to use the mods +200 sword.
Mobzilla_6575213_lrg.jpg

So yah maybe you'll get lucky and Slow will add that. :D

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, maybe you will like this rational. Maby slow likes classic games and movies. Ya know like DOOM.
But hay if you don't like that one maby he should add the OreSpawn Mod instead. All the mobs are more ascetically like vanilla minecraft. Since that is all important and none of the other mods use high rez default textures. No mods like Ars Magica or the moulder forcefeald mod.
You'll really like the OreSpawn Mod especially win IT comes around. Who's it ya say why it's just little ol MOBZILLA!!! It's not to bad triple rapid fire explosive fireballs. Random lightning strikes. Mass Terran flattening jumps. Oh and did I mention that it has 4000 and a Regen so high that it's un killable even with cheat enchanted diamond swords or bows in CREATIVE MODE.
The only way to kill it is to use the mods +200 sword.

So yah maybe you'll get lucky and Slow will add that. :D

What is the "pink fairy" creature tending to the crops?

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Just my 2c, but I'm glad Pam's Harvest, Agriculture, and Artifice aren't in there. I don't hate them, and I liked playing with them in Horizons, but they add a lot of worldgen that doesn't seem to be compatible with other mods.

I like RotaryCraft and want to play with ReactorCraft, but I found it's worldgen to be pretty overactive in Horizons. However, I believe Jaded said that's been tweaked.

Any word on why Logistics Pipes isn't it? I know it's semi-redundant, but it does allow for some really cool systems. I normally play with TE and AE, but I wanted to try doing a RotaryCraft/LogisticsPipes build for the challenge of it. If LP is in the configs though, it should be easy to drop in without worldgen.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
What is the "pink fairy" creature tending to the crops?
I honestly don't know. I thought I went though all the mobs there were. But I don't recognize that one.

Though I will say I forgot to mention that morph is compatible with that mod. Though the Mobzilla is so big that not even 3rd party view can let you see it. :/

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
No Ars Magica 2, Ender IO, Factorization, Solars, Extra bees and trees, Open Blocks and Peripherals, Logistics Pipes??? How could you miss such obvious mods, especially in a pack that is supposed to be a Unleashed replacement?

I am moving to Resonant Rise for good now, sadly Unleashed times won't come back, at least not with FTB. Such a disappointment...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
No Ars Magica 2, Ender IO, Factorization, Solars, Extra bees and trees, Open Blocks and Peripherals, Logistics Pipes??? How could you miss such obvious mods, especially in a pack that is supposed to be a Unleashed replacement?

I am moving to Resonant Rise for good now, sadly Unleashed times won't come back, at least not with FTB. Such a disappointment...

and again, you have the option of adding in those mods yourself with the universal configuration, and as long as the modpack hasn't been released the modlist hasn't been finalized yet, or even if it is finalized, mods can always get added on a later time. but if you really see the need in leaving, go ahead, no one is stopping you.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
and again, you have the option of adding in those mods yourself with the universal configuration, and as long as the modpack hasn't been released the modlist hasn't been finalized yet, or even if it is finalized, mods can always get added on a later time. but if you really see the need in leaving, go ahead, no one is stopping you.

Yah! You only have to manually download a dozen mods (which may or may not work with the versions of the other mods inside the base pack since those aren't updated as frequently) and you only need to manually redownload them all every since time the base pack updated which is average of 6ish times. That's the convenience you aim for when you get a mod pack.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Throwing down a general Be Nice warning, as some of the opinions (which are awesome, keep having them and sharing them) have started to veer towards "attack" territory (which is not awesome, try to avoid that). Rule of thumb: when you start aiming arguments at people instead of ideas, you're in dicey territory. Stay respectful, stay classy folks. ;)

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019

for those who say that you can add your own mods, i want your honest opinion on what is easier:

ssp to add:

find the correct version of the mod that works with forge, add it to the pack every time it updates and tweak the config to work with other mods.

smp to add:

find the correct version of the mod that works with forge, add it to the pack every time it updates and tweak the config to work with other mods, THEN send the config to all your clients and tell them what version they need to have

OR

ssp to remove:

in the launcher disable it.

smp to remove:

remove it from the mods folder, clients that connect with it won't be able to use it.

thats why I would personally like most mods (like most of the missing ones listed above) to be there with configs and enabled, you don't want one? disable it, simple. Server owner that doesn't want lag, YOU can disable mystcraft if your server isn't powerful enough (as an example)

Reactions: PureEvil

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
for those who say that you can add your own mods, i want your honest opinion on what is easier:

ssp to add:

find the correct version of the mod that works with forge, add it to the pack every time it updates and tweak the config to work with other mods.

smp to add:

find the correct version of the mod that works with forge, add it to the pack every time it updates and tweak the config to work with other mods, THEN send the config to all your clients and tell them what version they need to have

OR

ssp to remove:

in the launcher disable it.

smp to remove:

remove it from the mods folder, clients that connect with it won't be able to use it.

thats why I would personally like most mods (like most of the missing ones listed above) to be there with configs and enabled, you don't want one? disable it, simple. Server owner that doesn't want lag, YOU can disable mystcraft if your server isn't powerful enough (as an example)
Awesome idea! So why not just go to the minecraft forums and take the top 150 posts and add those mods to the pack as well, its just to disable them if you dont want them right?

I like the idea of a being able to choose mods yourself, but in reality it wouldnt work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019

You do realize that some of the mods you mentioned are currently crash the game? Thus they can't be used in any mod pack which claims to be kind of stable. Other mods are simply not really needed. But if you love them so much go ahead and leave we certainly won't shed a tear.

Reactions: Infallible83

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome idea! So why not just go to the minecraft forums and take the top 150 posts and add those mods to the pack as well, its just to disable them if you dont want them right?

I like the idea of a being able to choose mods yourself, but in reality it wouldnt work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

you dont have to add ''[NOTCH] DAE DIRT TO DIAMONDS AMIRITE GUISE ! [1.6.4 V-9.92.64535.9674.Sa-42] NAO WITH MOAR CREEPERS'' but mods that have been in previous FTB packs/forgecraft.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
You do realize that some of the mods you mentioned are currently crash the game? Thus they can't be used in any mod pack which claims to be kind of stable. Other mods are simply not really needed. But if you love them so much go ahead and leave we certainly won't shed a tear.

Simple promise of when the missing mods from Unleashed are stable they'd be added in would be nice and appease a lot of people, rather then saying 'our way or the highway, hell with your tastes'. Kind of bad PR when staffers say that.

Reactions: Dravarden

spine_iv

Jul 29, 2019
I was kinda hoping that the replacement pack for Unleashed would be like unleashed but with more mobs and places/things to explore

With no soul shards and no force wrench, im gonna have to rethink my exp grinder setup, maybe something with mfr

And no linking books or portal gun is gonna make getting around a grind I think, so Ill add a +1 for mystcraft please

otherwise I cant wait

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Simple promise of when the missing mods from Unleashed are stable they'd be added in would be nice and appease a lot of people, rather then saying 'our way or the highway, hell with your tastes'. Kind of bad PR when staffers say that.
I am sorry but i am still a person. Just because i have tags which identify me as a FTB Staff member it doesn't make me not beeing a human beeing anymore. And so i wil go on writing stuff like i did.
I am already careful about what i post and how i post things. Believe me when i tell you that i am very polite compared to how i would normally respond if i weren't a staff member. But unless stated otherwise it is always me replying and not a Staff member and should be taken as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.