Sky Factory 4?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Drake Wolf

I love playing Sky Factory and been watching SSundee and Crainer playing it for a while now. So I am wondering, when will you finally release it so that we can play it as well?

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Sky Factory 4 is the same as Sky factory 3. The confusion arises because they played Sky Factory 2.5 as Sky Factory 3. The modpack was 2.5, but the season was 3. they said this at the last episode of season 3.

D

Drake Wolf

Then I am really confused for there are other launchers out there that has Sky Factory, Sky Factory 2 and 2.5, Shy Factory 3 and one called Sky Factory 4. I tried theses launchers but can not get a few modes to work so I came the the FTB launcher. So now I am really confused when there is a mod pack called Sky Factory 4 out there if it is actually just Sky Factory 3 with a different name.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Those people are people who are trying to pass off their own modpack as Sky Factory 4, essentially piggyback riding off of Sky Factory's success. The official sky factory 2.5 and 3 is on FTB/Curse. the official Sky Factory 2 is on ATLauncher. I am not aware of where Sky Factory 1 is officially located because I never looked.

D

Drake Wolf

Alright. But will there ever be a Sky Factory 4 in the future? It is a good modpack that I like, that is if I can get it to work on this pos laptop more than twice a week :/ Not a good laptop, was a cheepy for my budget so it lags quite a bit or not load at all and that is the normal vanilla minecraft. But ty for your help and I will stop looking for it then.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Yes there will be a new sky factory, or at least i think so. It's too successful to not make a SF4. As to when? not for a few months I don't think.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
At this point it appears that Sky Factory 4 will be a third party pack. It's possible that may change down the line though.

Reactions: Reddis
M

Migmag789

SkyFactory 1 is in the ATLauncher too. You can choose the version when you are installing the modpack ;)

J

James Gaylord

At this point it appears that Sky Factory 4 will be a third party pack. It's possible that may change down the line though.

Sad to hear. I love SF3 and would love to see it for 1.12+

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
@bacon_donut is already playtesting Skyfactory 4 on his live Twitch stream (usually 6PM Pacific). Isn't he the original pack developer with FtB curating the pack?

S

SomeRandomPetey

All versions of Sky Factory are avaible on both The Twitch/Curse launcher and the FTB Legacy Launcher.

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
Darkosto is devving SkyFactory 4. The ModList is a lot different from SkyFactory 3. EX Nihilo and EX Compressum are not in the pack for one thing.