Sky Factory 3 and Chickens Mod

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should Chickens Mod be Nerfed

• Yes....ASAP

• No....it's fine

• Too soon to say

• Remove the Mod

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
One thing I've noticed in 3-4 years of MC (and other games) is that each of us has their own favorite "Easy Button", and many exhibit an intense dislike of everyone else's favorites. :D

Some even go to the extremes of suggesting that all but their favorite be "Nerfed" if not completely stricken from pack releases...

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The only defense for those people I have (and this is really not a very good one) is that the curse client doesn't just let you edit the FTB modpacks directly. If you want to tinker, you need to make a customer profile and move everything over, so it's not necessarily that easy for someone to know they can do that.

That said, I totally agree with the sentiment above :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The only defense for those people I have (and this is really not a very good one) is that the curse client doesn't just let you edit the FTB modpacks directly. If you want to tinker, you need to make a customer profile and move everything over, so it's not necessarily that easy for someone to know they can do that.

That said, I totally agree with the sentiment above :)

I usually just edit the profile and unlock the pack. Saves on the clutter. Another great option is to use the Curse launcher to find your mods, then use a better (less bloated) launcher to actually run the pack.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I usually just edit the profile and unlock the pack. Saves on the clutter. Another great option is to use the Curse launcher to find your mods, then use a better (less bloated) launcher to actually run the pack.

^This. All you have to do is edit the Curse profile and uncheck the "Locked" box to edit existing packs. I also rename the profile so if I wish I can download the same pack in untampered form.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
OH, for cryin out loud, I didn't know there was a lock button. >< I made a whole separate profile for nothin

EricBuist

Chickens doesn't work well at all for me. Chickens are on breading cooldown all the times, seems they have to cool down after being moved with the animal net! This is spewing items and eggs all over the place, spamming my inventory with clutter. There is no way to contain the stuff. Golden chest+any form of item collector just won't do it: the shest becomes full in no time. Seems this mod really won't play nice with Botania's ring of magnetization (without the ring, the unk would just remain on the ground and despawn), but there is no efficient way to turn on/off this ring. I feel very dumb now because from what I am reading this mod is easy.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Chickens doesn't work well at all for me. Chickens are on breading cooldown all the times, seems they have to cool down after being moved with the animal net! This is spewing items and eggs all over the place, spamming my inventory with clutter. There is no way to contain the stuff. Golden chest+any form of item collector just won't do it: the shest becomes full in no time. Seems this mod really won't play nice with Botania's ring of magnetization (without the ring, the unk would just remain on the ground and despawn), but there is no efficient way to turn on/off this ring. I feel very dumb now because from what I am reading this mod is easy.

If I can offer a couple suggestions...

Put the chickens in a Nesting Pen. Put the nesting pen on top of a storage drawer, with a flat transfer node between them. No drops in world, moved to storage automatically w/minimal space take, and with a void upgrade on the drawer you won't need to worry about overflow.

As for the ring of magnetization, there's a config option for Botania (which can be edited in game) that allows you to invert the ring's behavior. This means that instead of being disabled when sneaking, it is ONLY enabled when sneaking.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
As for the ring of magnetization, there's a config option for Botania (which can be edited in game) that allows you to invert the ring's behavior. This means that instead of being disabled when sneaking, it is ONLY enabled when sneaking.

That is information I did not have. Thank you for that nugget.

EricBuist

Thanks. Quite useful. I used the nesting pens with success to collect chicken drops and get eggs. I also experimented with a player interface from Actually Additions. Combined with item conduits, it can selectively remove items from the player's inventory. I used that to move feathers, vanilla eggs, etc., from my person to a storage system. The player interface is a bit expensive and maybe overkill but quite cool.

If I can offer a couple suggestions...

Put the chickens in a Nesting Pen. Put the nesting pen on top of a storage drawer, with a flat transfer node between them. No drops in world, moved to storage automatically w/minimal space take, and with a void upgrade on the drawer you won't need to worry about overflow.