Show Your Agrarian Skies world

_Mysteriez_

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

love this post, many interesting worlds. :)

Here is my world so far, nothing is finished, maybe everything's gonna change, maybe not, who knows.

An overview of the world:

24rCj25.png

Some animal farms and bee stuff:

uhQBJaz.png

The processing area (need to be expanded, later):

nZ5iHpL.png

And my AE mess:

zqC6Xuw.png

Tree farm, wheet farm, stone/glass/nether stuff production, and... pigs. No logic. :

oZPZqDt.png

Little blood altar with a villager spawner:

M1siKft.png

The house. No comment. :

5stHD6K.png

Sorry for the spam, and if my english sounds weird it's because it's not my native language. ;-)
I actually really like your base, looks surprisingly spacious in a small space

Cioranonmymind

Jul 29, 2019
I actually really like your base, looks surprisingly spacious in a small space

Thanks! But i'm not even close to complete all the quests so I guess many things gonna change in this base, can't stay small forever, but for now i'm too lazy to expand and move all the things! :p

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I just build as I go. But I do have some huge builds.
The trick for a Sky block map is building up and down.
Because you don't need to fig out that basement...you just need to put the floor in.

None of my AgSkies maps have gotten bigger than 5x5 chunks with lots of spare space.

Actually IMHO I think it's better if you spread out. You make more chunk but each will take less tick lag and it leaves me with a better fps

I had mine about 4x4 chunks with stuff from y=30 to y=100, was very very very bad for my frames :p

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
2014-06-24_13.54.21.png

this is my sphere where i want to put my village in the only problem i have is i can't build a village that would fit in here anny one can help me with showing me a village that has a forest-ish style and wuld fit in this sphere?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 11683
this is my sphere where i want to put my village in the only problem i have is i can't build a village that would fit in here anny one can help me with showing me a village that has a forest-ish style and wuld fit in this sphere?
A village is anything with a door with uneven exposure to the sky on both sides and a villager (if you're meaning a villager village)

So, just build a few house looking things and put in some wooden doors for them to detect

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 11683
I'm not sure if it's in this modpack but there is a Village Detector block. (open blocks or extra utilities)
It shows a cube where there is a village.

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
experiment. One awesome thing with forge microblocks for example is that, if you don't like the design, all the parts can be restored to normal blocks after salvaging them.

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
well i foound something that looks not to bad i put sphere houses in the giant sphere when i am done i show it again xD but thanks for giving me ideas

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
if you want an medieval look, check out madness64 on youtube ;)
Pretty cool builds.

Here's a tiny little update on my build. The mob spawner/dark rooms. The lever controls the lights in the floor as well as deactivating the auto-spawner. The button controls the entrance into the room. The lever is connected to everything using MFR rednet cable, just on the default placement. The button is on a separate mfre rednet cable, using a rednet controller and t-flipflop for controlling the entrance. The entrance is just a disguised drawbridge.
2014-07-03_15.32.05.png 2014-07-03_15.32.34.png

There are two of these rooms right next to each other. With the safari nets removed from the auto-spawners, they are just dark rooms.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's a few screenies of my world, nothing as amazing as some of the screens shown earlier. It's still the basic plaform with wall, but I've moved away from cobblestone and cobblestone walls everywhere. Clear Glass Panels and Glowstone strips make a good wall, with good contrast without feeling too claustrophobic.

2014-07-04_21.32.49.jpg
In my early game, I put some decking over the hole in the island, and had my cobble gen and basic farm there, with a small manual tree farm in the green area infront of the house. Some bits are still there. Made a small desert one day as I was bored with the manual sifting... :p

2014-07-04_21.33.16.jpg
Reverse side showing my ore processing, and my very early start with Blood Magic/Thaumcraft near the slime trees.

2014-07-04_21.33.48.jpg
My map heart, the AE system, and adjoining machine platform

Cioranonmymind

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

done some work on differents areas of my base,

here is the thaumcraft area:

oWaNQWD.png

and I guess my house is gonna be a giant tree house, one day... :

HJhw32X.png

I moved all the tech stuff under the island :

lotivD0.png

and there is no more giant tower as a mob farm but something more compact :

MySUhMF.png

These areas are not finished yet, so... this is just some little changes since my last post. :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Update from me, nothing too major, expansion of some farms, slow upgrades to my magical area, and the addition of a Big Reactor.

2014-07-15_22.11.38.jpg
2014-07-15_22.12.38.jpg
2014-07-15_22.13.10.jpg

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to show off a small feature I've been working on. I've set up a hidden stairway and access to my ME drives. I have my ME drives behind a security glass wall (quartz glass), and can easily see them from below. If you stand at the bottom where the stairs would be for 1 second, the stairs pop out and a walkway extends, the glass retracts, and hidden lighting behind microblocks in the ceiling lights up to illuminate the upper level when accessing the drives. When you walk back down the stairs, the whole thing retracts and goes back to normal. The hard part for all of this was figuring out the rednet functions needed to have it all work from a single input, which is a silent, shrouded pressure plate on the floor in front of the bottom most stair. Walking across the pressure plate will not trigger the stairs. You actually have to stand there for 1 second before it will function.

2014-07-16_23.39.41.png 2014-07-16_23.39.29.png

On a side note, does anyone know of a free video capture program? I would kinda like to set up a video tour of my base at some point (or maybe just give a world download), to show it off. I've taken great care in trying to hide all the workings of the base to leave a nice smooth finished look to it.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to show off a small feature I've been working on. I've set up a hidden stairway and access to my ME drives. I have my ME drives behind a security glass wall (quartz glass), and can easily see them from below. If you stand at the bottom where the stairs would be for 1 second, the stairs pop out and a walkway extends, the glass retracts, and hidden lighting behind microblocks in the ceiling lights up to illuminate the upper level when accessing the drives. When you walk back down the stairs, the whole thing retracts and goes back to normal. The hard part for all of this was figuring out the rednet functions needed to have it all work from a single input, which is a silent, shrouded pressure plate on the floor in front of the bottom most stair. Walking across the pressure plate will not trigger the stairs. You actually have to stand there for 1 second before it will function.

View attachment 11971 View attachment 11970

On a side note, does anyone know of a free video capture program? I would kinda like to set up a video tour of my base at some point (or maybe just give a world download), to show it off. I've taken great care in trying to hide all the workings of the base to leave a nice smooth finished look to it.

Fraps is good for filming

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my first Agrarian Skies base.
over 1.png

Details in the spoilers.

From the beginning I made a conscious choice to preserve the shape and aesthetics of the original island. When I decided it was time for a bigger home, I used the original as a model.
house level.png

house pond.png

house side.png

And now the interiors.

house interior 1.png

house interior 2.png

My MRF tree farm, along with the associated industrial complex, is my biggest project yet. For aesthetic reasons, I wanted to set up a tree farm that grew individual trees. Even so, I still wanted to to be extremely efficient. This meant setting up individual planters, harvesters, and fertilizers for every tree. The resulting tree farm consumes massive amounts of steam and produces more wood than I could possibly ever use.

treefarm over.png

The MFR machines are mostly hidden within microblock frames. Unfortunately cover the tops interfered with tree growth. I am not completely happy with this solution, since some of the shorter trees appear stubby with their trunks sunk in the frame, but they mostly grow and get harvested fast enough that it isn't a big deal.

treefarm close.png

And here are the "roots" of my tree farm.

treefarm roots.png

The tree farm is powered by this industrial complex. I have 8 high ovens producing steam to run the farm and the boilers and the ovens for producing charcoal. They roughly manage to keep up, but I think I could make them more efficient by playing with the water input some more. They are fed charcoal blocks by minecart chest, for fun.
industrial.png

See part two for my abandoned magmaworks.

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
My first big project was trying to set up a massive array of netherack powered ex nihilo crucibles an industrial magmaworks. I managed to complete the project, but the ticklag (for reasons I will explain) was so bad that I gutted it. The shell remains.
magmaworks over.png

The towering windows originally held OpenBlocks Tanks full of magma. These were connected to similar tanks on the back with more tanks under the floor, lined with hundreds of fluiducts set to take out. My plan was to have lava conduits running all over my base for distributed power usage, and so I wanted to have as many inputs as possible to maximize the outputs I could hook up. Unfortunately, this caused massive amounts of tick lag. A shame, because OpenBlock tanks are beautiful. (Though their short render distance was also a factor in their removal).

magmaworks interior.png

The interior had large iron cages with layers of burning netherack, crucibles, and piping.

Reactions: JustHeyo and netmc

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The tree farm is powered by this industrial complex. I have 8 high ovens producing steam to run the farm and the boilers and the ovens for producing charcoal. They roughly manage to keep up, but I think I could make them more efficient by playing with the water input some more. They are fed charcoal blocks by minecart chest, for fun.

How are you feeding your high ovens to make steam? I am curious as I am using two max size high ovens producing steam myself. I have played around with them a bit and managed to crank my rf production to over 4k rf/tick between the two.

If you have a better, or simpler setup, I would like to learn more.