Show off your Botania mana generation

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Yusunoha, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Yusunoha

Yusunoha New Member

that really depends on how you want the sparks to function. you could have one pool that pulls mana from the other pools using a dominant augment, or you could have one pool that sends all it's mana to other pools using a recessive augment. the augments are explained in the book, but I always prefer to also test things out in creative worlds

2. netmc

netmc New Member

On the pools that do the generation (and I don't have any flowers or items using it), I place a recessive spark. I then have my normal pools that do all the actual storage, then on the pools that always need the mana (like for the elven gateway), I place a dominant spark. This keeps the pools with the dominant spark always filled. Any overflow will stay in the normal pools, then if those are filled as well, it will start filling up the generation pools. (I have an automatic cutoff for when the generation pools gets to a certain level of mana so they stop producing.) I believe the range between sparks is around 8 blocks, so you can get quite a range between the recessive sparks at one end, and the dominant at the other.

3. UberAffe

UberAffe New Member

I've been working on a setup using blood magic : sanguimancy : drill of the dead, Soul shards: the old ways: creep soul shards, Extra Utils: cobble gen, Botania: Alchemical Catalyst, Blue Power: autocrafting table. This setup can produce 10+ tnt per second, some of which gets fed back to a box of 25 floating entropynniums.

I'll edit this later to add pics but once it is started it is completely self regulating and self contained. Meaning I will never under or overproduce and I never need to do any kind of manual upkeep. it fills a pool in about 10 minutes.

Depending on the range of entopynniums this could easilly be scaled up by just adding more flowers.

4. mahldcat

mahldcat New Member

So some behavioral questions: Do all of the flowers within range accept the entropy from a single TNT blast, or do you have to arrange things so that you have one TNT in front of each flower (I've seen some other automated builds that do this, and wasn't sure what is the most efficient?

Also (I've used this before to avoid having to go to the nether)...Botania has an option to duplicate nether quartz...if a different system produced gun powder (for me typically from a cursed earth farm)...I wonder if this would use up more mana than the this farm would provide...

5. Yusunoha

Yusunoha New Member

from what I noticed each blast can only fuel one entropy, so it's kind of pointless to creating about a dozen of entropy and place them very close to eachother

6. Azzanine

Azzanine New Member

Yeah, but what I think they wanted to know is wether you could surround a sole tnt point with entropiniums and detonate in succession and not blow things up.
    Like if you had a square of 8 entros and one tnt placer placing tnt in the middle and detonating, would they take turns absorbing each successive blast.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

7. UberAffe

UberAffe New Member

Yes that works, I have a 25 part cube of floating entropynniums that get fueled by a single placer, Although I am only dropping about 10 tnt and then letting it drain out, if the server lags I have noticed that it can make things blow up anyways.

8. Yusunoha

Yusunoha New Member

^this, though you'd have to test it to find the best ratio of activating the tnt, because as soon as the entropy's are full and can no longer send mana, they'll stop absorbing the blasts from tnt

9. UberAffe

UberAffe New Member

I recommend using the red string comparator.
    I set mine up to drop a specific number of tnt and then there is also an redstone override that stops from dropping new tnt while the spreader is running, and a secondary shutoff with a redstone comparator on the mana pool so that if it gets filled to a certain point it also will not drop tnt.

10. Geech6

Geech6 New Member

I know these builds are about 7 months old and we all know how mods change but after finding out that the open blocks block placer was the only thing that i could find in infinity (besides golems) that could place cake I was ecstatic. While it works well with vanilla cake I am running into a problem with Pam's pumpkin cheese cake where the openblocks block placer is placing down a cheese cake after one of the kekimurus has taken one bite thus wasting the cheesecake and invalidating this entire build. I'm not sure if this is a bug with pams or openblocks, and was wondering if you found the same problem with your build. (i.e.: is it replicatable in your build)

*Edit: after some quick testing, autonomous activators can place cheesecake and seem to have the same problem.

11. Azzanine

Azzanine New Member

There's also the native option of the Runicarpus (spelling) to consider. Even though it's comparatively cumbersome to use.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

12. Yusunoha

Yusunoha New Member

the problem is that as soon as a slice is eaten, a new cake can be placed.
    I guess the only way to solve this problem is to have the placers on a delay

13. xerexis

xerexis New Member

Would you mind showing the SFM code? Don't really understand programming so I've been having a hard time learning the mod, as this is only my option to use on the server I play on to automate Cheesecake for Kekimuras.

14. Geech6

Geech6 New Member

Wouldn't just placing the cake on a delay just delay the inevitable? If your mana generation is backed-up and one of the flowers eats a piece of cake and stops the delay would just delay the problem a few seconds.

15. Yusunoha

Yusunoha New Member

sadly I no longer have that world and it's been atleast a month since I last played Minecraft

it would delay the problem, and thus save you a few more cakes, it's not perfect, but it's atleast something to help

16. DorinnB

DorinnB New Member

what about a comparator on cake ?
    no redstone mean no cake, so place a new one ?

Master_Builder_800 likes this.
  17. Master_Builder_800

Master_Builder_800 New Member

Why not just a bud switch, and comparators only work on items that can store stuff(FYI:Chests, Hoppers, Dispensers, minecart chests, etc)

18. DorinnB

DorinnB New Member

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Redstone_Comparator

Some non-container blocks can also be measured by a redstone comparator:
    Cake
    A cake outputs a signal strength relative to the amount of cake remaining. Each slice is worth 2 signal strength, with 7 total slices, for an output of 14 for a full cake.

I will try later if it's work with cheesecake.

Yusunoha and SolManX like this.
  19. SolManX

SolManX New Member

Thanks for that very nice find! It's going to simplify my kek setup immensely.

20. Master_Builder_800

Master_Builder_800 New Member

Bud switches are easier and more compact ;)