Show off your Botania mana generation

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I know...I specifically meant which augment to put on which mana pool lol. I love tlovetech's setup on the FC2 server but I've no clue how he spreads the mana across all the pools :(

that really depends on how you want the sparks to function. you could have one pool that pulls mana from the other pools using a dominant augment, or you could have one pool that sends all it's mana to other pools using a recessive augment. the augments are explained in the book, but I always prefer to also test things out in creative worlds

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
On the pools that do the generation (and I don't have any flowers or items using it), I place a recessive spark. I then have my normal pools that do all the actual storage, then on the pools that always need the mana (like for the elven gateway), I place a dominant spark. This keeps the pools with the dominant spark always filled. Any overflow will stay in the normal pools, then if those are filled as well, it will start filling up the generation pools. (I have an automatic cutoff for when the generation pools gets to a certain level of mana so they stop producing.) I believe the range between sparks is around 8 blocks, so you can get quite a range between the recessive sparks at one end, and the dominant at the other.

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
I've been working on a setup using blood magic : sanguimancy : drill of the dead, Soul shards: the old ways: creep soul shards, Extra Utils: cobble gen, Botania: Alchemical Catalyst, Blue Power: autocrafting table. This setup can produce 10+ tnt per second, some of which gets fed back to a box of 25 floating entropynniums.

I'll edit this later to add pics but once it is started it is completely self regulating and self contained. Meaning I will never under or overproduce and I never need to do any kind of manual upkeep. it fills a pool in about 10 minutes.

Depending on the range of entopynniums this could easilly be scaled up by just adding more flowers.

mahldcat

Jul 29, 2019
So some behavioral questions: Do all of the flowers within range accept the entropy from a single TNT blast, or do you have to arrange things so that you have one TNT in front of each flower (I've seen some other automated builds that do this, and wasn't sure what is the most efficient?

Also (I've used this before to avoid having to go to the nether)...Botania has an option to duplicate nether quartz...if a different system produced gun powder (for me typically from a cursed earth farm)...I wonder if this would use up more mana than the this farm would provide...

here's another build I did a few days ago using entropinnyums and tiny tnt from Applied Energistics...

M0wo7ZF.png

xaE5m2y.png

bRpSGNY.png

5xQnpxj.png

I'm using Steve's Factory Manager to deploy a tiny tnt every 4 seconds.
the block gate will deploy the tiny tnt and on the opposite side is a redstone block to activate the tiny tnt.

the tiny tnt ignites and drops down to the floor, where there's 24 entropinnyums who'll absorb the blast.
I used warded glass around the setup to diminish any explosions that could happen if things would go wrong, but it's not really that needed.
the gaia spreader is used to transfer the mana as fast as possible so the entropinnyums don't get backlogged with mana.

next to the pool is a comparator that'll produce a redstone signal when the pool is full.
I did this because entropinnyums actually stop absorbing explosion damage from tnt if they're full of mana, so if the pool is full, the spreader is full and all entropinnyums are full and tnt still gets ignited and dropped, the tnt would at one point actually start exploding and destroying everything.

I haven't really supersized this build yet because both tnt and tiny tnt aren't exactly easy to produce in large quantities at fast speed, though it should be possible but it would probably not be a compact build.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So some behavioral questions: Do all of the flowers within range accept the entropy from a single TNT blast, or do you have to arrange things so that you have one TNT in front of each flower (I've seen some other automated builds that do this, and wasn't sure what is the most efficient?

Also (I've used this before to avoid having to go to the nether)...Botania has an option to duplicate nether quartz...if a different system produced gun powder (for me typically from a cursed earth farm)...I wonder if this would use up more mana than the this farm would provide...

from what I noticed each blast can only fuel one entropy, so it's kind of pointless to creating about a dozen of entropy and place them very close to eachother

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
from what I noticed each blast can only fuel one entropy, so it's kind of pointless to creating about a dozen of entropy and place them very close to eachother

Yeah, but what I think they wanted to know is wether you could surround a sole tnt point with entropiniums and detonate in succession and not blow things up.
Like if you had a square of 8 entros and one tnt placer placing tnt in the middle and detonating, would they take turns absorbing each successive blast.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but what I think they wanted to know is wether you could surround a sole tnt point with entropiniums and detonate in succession and not blow things up.
Like if you had a square of 8 entros and one tnt placer placing tnt in the middle and detonating, would they take turns absorbing each successive blast.

Yes that works, I have a 25 part cube of floating entropynniums that get fueled by a single placer, Although I am only dropping about 10 tnt and then letting it drain out, if the server lags I have noticed that it can make things blow up anyways.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

Yes that works, I have a 25 part cube of floating entropynniums that get fueled by a single placer, Although I am only dropping about 10 tnt and then letting it drain out, if the server lags I have noticed that it can make things blow up anyways.

^this, though you'd have to test it to find the best ratio of activating the tnt, because as soon as the entropy's are full and can no longer send mana, they'll stop absorbing the blasts from tnt

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend using the red string comparator.
I set mine up to drop a specific number of tnt and then there is also an redstone override that stops from dropping new tnt while the spreader is running, and a secondary shutoff with a redstone comparator on the mana pool so that if it gets filled to a certain point it also will not drop tnt.

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
here's another build I just did using kekimurus...

NmMncdT.png

TAebxuX.png

KKZOzlU.png

kekimurus eat cake that's placed down into the world and produce mana. it can actually be quite difficult to automatically place down a cake.
sure, you could use a golem, but I don't really like to use golems in automated builds.
in the end I found out that a block placer from OpenBlocks is able to properly place down a cake, and using that block I was able to make this build.

it starts out with a simple 3x3 farm made with crops from agricraft. 3 crops are wheat, 3 are sugarcane and 3 are soybeans.
their growth is boosted using the sprinklers from agricraft, and the crops are harvested using a harvester from MFR.
the output is send to 3 barrels.

from the barrels I'm using Steve's Factory Manager to craft cheesecake from pam's harvestcraft, which can actually be placed down into the world and kekimurus can gobble them.
I chose the cheesecake because it's such an easy recipe to do. I use SFM to craft both the sugar and flour, but for the silk and firm tofu I need to use the presser from pam's harvestcraft.
the presser's are actually the part of the build that slows things down, so if you want to speed things up, use more presser's.
as you can see I'm using 3 pressers, one for soybean > soy milk, one for soy milk > silk tofu and the last is silk tofu > firm tofu.
as soon as all the required components are gathered into the chest, a cheesecake gets crafted and the output is send to the barrel.

from that barrel 1 cheesecake is send each time to the culinairy generator from Extra Utilities to provide RF that's needed for the harvester.
the other cheesecakes are send to the openblock's block placer if there's more then 16 cheesecakes in the barrel.
lastly a redstone pulse is provided to the block placer if there's more then 1 cheesecake in the block placer, which causes the cheesecake to be placed down so the kekimurus can gobble them up.

any producded mana is send to a mana pool using a gaia spreader because the kekimurus can actually produce quite some mana.
lastly, if the pool is full a comparator will send out a redstone signal which will stop the block placer from placing down more cheesecakes.

the build can be done much bigger then this, but as mentioned the problem lies with the presser's that are quite slow, so if you are planning on making this build bigger by using more kekimurus, also add more presser's to the build.

I know these builds are about 7 months old and we all know how mods change but after finding out that the open blocks block placer was the only thing that i could find in infinity (besides golems) that could place cake I was ecstatic. While it works well with vanilla cake I am running into a problem with Pam's pumpkin cheese cake where the openblocks block placer is placing down a cheese cake after one of the kekimurus has taken one bite thus wasting the cheesecake and invalidating this entire build. I'm not sure if this is a bug with pams or openblocks, and was wondering if you found the same problem with your build. (i.e.: is it replicatable in your build)

*Edit: after some quick testing, autonomous activators can place cheesecake and seem to have the same problem.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
There's also the native option of the Runicarpus (spelling) to consider. Even though it's comparatively cumbersome to use.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I know these builds are about 7 months old and we all know how mods change but after finding out that the open blocks block placer was the only thing that i could find in infinity (besides golems) that could place cake I was ecstatic. While it works well with vanilla cake I am running into a problem with Pam's pumpkin cheese cake where the openblocks block placer is placing down a cheese cake after one of the kekimurus has taken one bite thus wasting the cheesecake and invalidating this entire build. I'm not sure if this is a bug with pams or openblocks, and was wondering if you found the same problem with your build. (i.e.: is it replicatable in your build)

*Edit: after some quick testing, autonomous activators can place cheesecake and seem to have the same problem.

the problem is that as soon as a slice is eaten, a new cake can be placed.
I guess the only way to solve this problem is to have the placers on a delay

xerexis

Jul 29, 2019
here's another build I just did using kekimurus...

NmMncdT.png

TAebxuX.png

KKZOzlU.png

kekimurus eat cake that's placed down into the world and produce mana. it can actually be quite difficult to automatically place down a cake.
sure, you could use a golem, but I don't really like to use golems in automated builds.
in the end I found out that a block placer from OpenBlocks is able to properly place down a cake, and using that block I was able to make this build.

it starts out with a simple 3x3 farm made with crops from agricraft. 3 crops are wheat, 3 are sugarcane and 3 are soybeans.
their growth is boosted using the sprinklers from agricraft, and the crops are harvested using a harvester from MFR.
the output is send to 3 barrels.

from the barrels I'm using Steve's Factory Manager to craft cheesecake from pam's harvestcraft, which can actually be placed down into the world and kekimurus can gobble them.
I chose the cheesecake because it's such an easy recipe to do. I use SFM to craft both the sugar and flour, but for the silk and firm tofu I need to use the presser from pam's harvestcraft.
the presser's are actually the part of the build that slows things down, so if you want to speed things up, use more presser's.
as you can see I'm using 3 pressers, one for soybean > soy milk, one for soy milk > silk tofu and the last is silk tofu > firm tofu.
as soon as all the required components are gathered into the chest, a cheesecake gets crafted and the output is send to the barrel.

from that barrel 1 cheesecake is send each time to the culinairy generator from Extra Utilities to provide RF that's needed for the harvester.
the other cheesecakes are send to the openblock's block placer if there's more then 16 cheesecakes in the barrel.
lastly a redstone pulse is provided to the block placer if there's more then 1 cheesecake in the block placer, which causes the cheesecake to be placed down so the kekimurus can gobble them up.

any producded mana is send to a mana pool using a gaia spreader because the kekimurus can actually produce quite some mana.
lastly, if the pool is full a comparator will send out a redstone signal which will stop the block placer from placing down more cheesecakes.

the build can be done much bigger then this, but as mentioned the problem lies with the presser's that are quite slow, so if you are planning on making this build bigger by using more kekimurus, also add more presser's to the build.

Would you mind showing the SFM code? Don't really understand programming so I've been having a hard time learning the mod, as this is only my option to use on the server I play on to automate Cheesecake for Kekimuras.

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
the problem is that as soon as a slice is eaten, a new cake can be placed.
I guess the only way to solve this problem is to have the placers on a delay
Wouldn't just placing the cake on a delay just delay the inevitable? If your mana generation is backed-up and one of the flowers eats a piece of cake and stops the delay would just delay the problem a few seconds.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Would you mind showing the SFM code? Don't really understand programming so I've been having a hard time learning the mod, as this is only my option to use on the server I play on to automate Cheesecake for Kekimuras.

sadly I no longer have that world and it's been atleast a month since I last played Minecraft

Wouldn't just placing the cake on a delay just delay the inevitable? If your mana generation is backed-up and one of the flowers eats a piece of cake and stops the delay would just delay the problem a few seconds.

it would delay the problem, and thus save you a few more cakes, it's not perfect, but it's atleast something to help

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just a bud switch, and comparators only work on items that can store stuff(FYI:Chests, Hoppers, Dispensers, minecart chests, etc)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Redstone_Comparator

Some non-container blocks can also be measured by a redstone comparator:
Cake
A cake outputs a signal strength relative to the amount of cake remaining. Each slice is worth 2 signal strength, with 7 total slices, for an output of 14 for a full cake.

I will try later if it's work with cheesecake.

Thanks for that very nice find! It's going to simplify my kek setup immensely.