Shoop Resonant Rise [Season 2] [Ended]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So the Server reset and it is time to start over with a fresh new build.

As always.... Spawn it always starts with spawn.

Spawn by Saice, on Flickr

Bamboo... lots of Bamboo I got a feeling we are going to have to dip into an asian theme of some sort.

RRS2 Start by Saice, on Flickr

Crappy Hovel of Shame... Check

And got the smeltery up and running.

So where to go form here? Well first a lot of boring collecting of stuffs has to happen. But I'm debating between a village like thing. Wood houses and the such. Or a more temple complex/forbidden city type thing. Both would work. Leaning more towards the complex/city thing as it could blend in the tech stuff a little better. But still vary much on the drawing board here.

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely go with the forbidden city, that sounds awesome! Loving how it looks so far, will be following this series very intently

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
"Crappy Hovel of Shame... Check"

It doesn't look THAT bad!

Looking forward to the new "season", saice.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
LOL I like how you call your first building your hovel of shame but its still better than most peoples starter houses :D

My frist building on any build is always the Hovel of Shame. Sort of the ever present reminder to not to get side tracked with the mine/gathering part to long.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Tree house...please?

If you don't like it you can also make (one of Porta's) Yeallow Submarine!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
My suggestion:

Even the Forbidden City had villages surrounding it to provide it with the resources necessary to function. So you could have a two-fold building design. The outskirts are done in wood/bamboo. Little utility buildings, not much larger than your Hovel of Shame, which have useful things within them. This can also be where farms and ranches go.

Then you have your Forbidden City, with ornately chiseled blocks of different types being used to create an amazing complex which is heavily guarded, and fantastic architectural achievements rising up to tower over everything, a reminder for everyone within eyesight just who is in charge.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
My suggestion:

Even the Forbidden City had villages surrounding it to provide it with the resources necessary to function. So you could have a two-fold building design. The outskirts are done in wood/bamboo. Little utility buildings, not much larger than your Hovel of Shame, which have useful things within them. This can also be where farms and ranches go.

Then you have your Forbidden City, with ornately chiseled blocks of different types being used to create an amazing complex which is heavily guarded, and fantastic architectural achievements rising up to tower over everything, a reminder for everyone within eyesight just who is in charge.

I believe he does like a challenge!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I'll stuf this in spoilers. If you read my old thread you seen this before. I was thinking about borrowing a bit of insprination from my void builds I did on my last one. The Nexus Void access, Daves get away I made for him, and my Thuam area. All could be mushed toghter and cleaned up to get a vary asain style .

Def going to use the blood stone that red is vary much a impreial asian sort of color. May or may not use the quartz might look into so other colors got to see how some of the woods blend with in. Will need a ton of gold just becuase it is a nice acceent color with the blood stone's red. Most likely will build the most messed up pigman farm unlit I get access to soul shards. Use the netherportals pigman spawn chance for a farm. Not the best but it will be a good ealry game way to farm me some gold and rotten flesh needed for this build. Gunning to get dimdoors up and running so I can hide some of the matieral farm stuff away from the build.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
If you have one of those mobcatcher stars from mfr you could use your darkroom to create some monster essence and then use that to create a pigman farm.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If you have one of those mobcatcher stars from mfr you could use your darkroom to create some monster essence and then use that to create a pigman farm.

I have no infursturcure at the moment. I'm debating on oldschool darkroom with grinders once I get some stuff working as I can hide that under my work site.

Still just sctraching out idea. Vary much in the figure things out phase while I do some simple mining.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Could be one of those hilariously bad movies where the bad guys build their laboratory of evil science underneath some ancient ruin. Could be kinda cool to use drawbridges to open up a secret area and go from Asian ruins to ultra sleep, clean, polished labs.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not much building going on right now. Exploring mostly right now can collecting some much needed resources.

But some random stuff.

Lambert drop off some loot. Thanks buddy.

Expolering by Saice, on Flickr

I have no idea who's camp this is but its only 100 or so blocks from my hovel.

World gen is really nice here.

Different place.

Reactions: fergcraft

Furfurfur2001

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice :3[DOUBLEPOST=1374892735][/DOUBLEPOST]I wish i could find a RR server, and not have my RR lagging so much[DOUBLEPOST=1374892872][/DOUBLEPOST]I need something better to do right now

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice :3[DOUBLEPOST=1374892735][/DOUBLEPOST]I wish i could find a RR server, and not have my RR lagging so much[DOUBLEPOST=1374892872][/DOUBLEPOST]I need something better to do right now

a couple of people are setting some up so just be patient I know I would like to play on a server also so I'm in the same boat.

Reactions: jumpfight5

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019

a couple of people are setting some up so just be patient I know I would like to play on a server also so I'm in the same boat.

Why don't you guys play Singleplayer? It's FUN!

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea who's camp this is but its only 100 or so blocks from my hovel.

Slightly off-topic, but: I wish there was a mod that could display the face/name of whoever last used a given bed. It would be so useful for so many things.

On-topic: I definitely second Shneekey's suggestion, it sounds AWESOME. The bamboo looks really nice, hopefully when I get my RR world going I can find some. :)