Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I figured your ship was decent size but man thats huge I didn't realize it was quite that big till your last pick with the reactors :D

The Engine is the largest part of the ship something like 16 blocks call and like 30 blocks wide -ish. The inside everything is 5 tall or 3 tall.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
With my power thing all set up I built that mining laser. Yes before anyone points this out Yes it is not the optimal setup. But I like the look of the build craft pipes. Also this is not here to replace my mining just sort of a cool build and looks neat and as a side benefit of mats when I have extra power.

Mining Laser is GO. by Saice, on Flickr

Scum

Jul 29, 2019
Pro Tip... I already know that stuff this is not my first project thread. And I did not take kindly to you trolling up Freg's thread and now you are not really winning me over here.

Relax, I never said I was giving you the pro tip. And I didn't do any trolling on ferg's thread. I was posing an argument about the placement of threads like this.

Also, what did I do to you here?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
With my power thing all set up I built that mining laser. Yes before anyone points this out Yes it is not the optimal setup. But I like the look of the build craft pipes. Also this is not here to replace my mining just sort of a cool build and looks neat and as a side benefit of mats when I have extra power.

It looks like some kind of supertech "docking" device for the ship...as if in this atmosphere it would go flying away without it.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Can you tell me how do they work?

Sure

drill by Saice, on Flickr

The drill needs three things.

1) a hole from it to a block of bedrock that is clear.
2) 1 to 4 prechargers
3) Something to collect blocks as the pop out of the top.

The Prechargers need 2 things.

1) Power of any type MJ/EU/UE the more the better.
2) to point the dot on there side at the drill.

Once you got all that the drill will start working and after 300 work you get 1 random ore block pulled form the world gen tables.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Think of them like massfabs. its not so much drilling the ore but generating it in exchange for lots of power

My head cannon is it pulls stuff from under the bedrock.

Also it not as cheaty as mass/mater fab as you have only a little control of what your going to get out of it.

Reactions: dgdas9 and RedBoss

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So With the StarShoop well under way to being a fully functional base I decided I needed some place to do some larger possibly dangerous stuff. DimDoors was an option but the server has a chunk loader limit of 8 per player and I'm using 6 already in my base. Also no real need to add more load by creating whole new dims. So I decided to clear out some bed rock under my base where there is already chunks being loaded.

2013-06-22_00.28.13 by Saice, on Flickr

yeah this is going to take some time.

So I made MinerBot3000 to help me clear space. you can see him on the right while I figure otu what to do with my floor.

2013-06-22_02.26.15 by Saice, on Flickr

I did not like this in the end

2013-06-22_04.12.25 by Saice, on Flickr

Right Nexus Left LAIR OF DOOOOOM

2013-06-22_05.36.01 by Saice, on Flickr

Yeah that is looking doomy.

2013-06-22_05.36.13 by Saice, on Flickr

2013-06-22_05.36.19 by Saice, on Flickr

Here is the haul form my Laser drill 10 million EU later.

2013-06-22_05.37.45 by Saice, on Flickr

While I was down under Liara was supper awesome and completed the Engines for the THIRD TIME! Man I sware if the server rolls back again I'm going to hurt someone.

2013-06-22_05.40.00 by Saice, on Flickr

No Shoop were harmed in the creation of my Turbines in case you were all wondering.

2013-06-22_05.40.37 by Saice, on Flickr

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
The fluid leakage and smoke really adds to the crashed SpaceShoop theme. It also taught me that the negative effects of sewage can not be perfectly offset by the positive effects of spring water. :p

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So RR just had an update and I go from 120FPS to like 30-45 FPS and the whole mess is a slide show. And it is only in my base.

So it was suggested it was the engine lights so I removed all of those. That did not help. So I pulled out my laser drill and that did not help. I turned off AE in case it was doing updates. Still no help.

So I sort of rages out and logged off. It is only my base and it makes playing that area unbarable. So until I can figure it out I'm not really gong to get much done. And I do not look forward to striping my base down to base blocks to figure it out.