Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I think the thrill, for me, comes mainly from a diamond/iridium/tungsten(because I I like it, ok?) find, as far as my opinion goes, mobs just serve to ruin my out-zoning.

Yeah when I want to zone I branch mine. I can do that for hours when I have a migraine.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You know what really grinds my gears? Finding fucking lava while strip-mining :(

I mine at 14 (or 45 depending) and carry a bucket. At 14y you should rarely run into lava at your level and what you run into bellow your level you just pour a bucket on. I don't strip mine personally no real reason to remove all the blocks when branching when done well can get all the ores you would find strip mining.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Know what grinds my gears?
Klinklang *bad pokemon joke, please ignore*

But I do like mining. My way is a bit hectic though, with the CC turtle going tunnel mode, I often get behind with the lighting and have a few mobs to fend off. But it's rewarding.

Scum

Jul 29, 2019
You obviously have not read many of my posts or even much of this thread.

I do enjoy hand mining. The sigh is because of the roll back and having to redo the work I already did.

That explains many things. I do enjoy hand mining, but at the start of a world you need a lot of ores, so I generally go for quarries. Later in the game when I have good armor and a fast pick/drill I enjoy hand mining quite a bit.

Pro Tip: If you need lots of power fast, use nether lava. I had a full speed quarry running within the first 4 days of playing.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Add Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman and Neil DeGrasse Tyson to the mix and you're good to go.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
And the meh guy and the innuendo guy and that one with something involving Kansas team...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
NUKE SHOOP TAKE 2!

Ok so the roll back put me back aways but it gave me a chance to try some stuff out. (see restarting something can be helpful) so now I have doubled the output of my old reactor build. It is fairly awesome.

Reactor Mark IIa by Saice, on Flickr

It floats around the 590 eu/t range. Removing a turbine does not help stabilize it. But I'm not complaining. 590 eu/t is more then I can use right now.

Just some shots of the mess.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I figured your ship was decent size but man thats huge I didn't realize it was quite that big till your last pick with the reactors :D

Reactions: jumpfight5