Share Your Tinker's Construct Tools!

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
ok, this may seem odd but i'm still putting it out there cause i'm not seeing any difference. i have a pickaxe at ming speed 31, level cobalt. it s doesn't seem to mine any faster than the last pickaxe i had at ms.23. anyone seeing or experiencing this as well?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
ok, this may seem odd but i'm still putting it out there cause i'm not seeing any difference. i have a pickaxe at ming speed 31, level cobalt. it s doesn't seem to mine any faster than the last pickaxe i had at ms.23. anyone seeing or experiencing this as well?

Well. each mining speed level is giving a diminishing return. so in effect, you will really notice a difference between a speed of 1, and 2. but less so between 2 and 3. when you get into the 20-30 range it becomes increasingly hard to tell the difference at all between levels.
It's hard to say exactly where the breaking point for no longer noticing is tho. but you will never actually hit the instabreak point (that is 0 time block breaking)

funnily enough. creative mode instabreak is slower than an efficiency 4 diamond pick on most blocks, due to the forced break between blocks that creative employs. (creative still wins on really hard to break blocks like obsidian tho,)

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Well. each mining speed level is giving a diminishing return. so in effect, you will really notice a difference between a speed of 1, and 2. but less so between 2 and 3. when you get into the 20-30 range it becomes increasingly hard to tell the difference at all between levels.
It's hard to say exactly where the breaking point for no longer noticing is tho. but you will never actually hit the instabreak point (that is 0 time block breaking)

funnily enough. creative mode instabreak is slower than an efficiency 4 diamond pick on most blocks, due to the forced break between blocks that creative employs. (creative still wins on really hard to break blocks like obsidian tho,)

I see what you mean. i went to the nether to test it on cobalt and ardite as they seem to be the hard materials to find and it was slight faster. i think i just expected it to be a noticeably faster than it was as ti was a 8point jump from 23 > 31 ah well. thanks for the reply.

13MovingOn

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, so I thought I'd start a thread on what kinds of tools have been created using Tinker's Construct. Please include the modifiers on them, and what materials you used to make them and of course, why you made the tool the way you did. Now, normally I would start with my tools. But I'm fairly new to Tinker's Construct and will be looking at this thread for what you guys can come up with and that will be influencing my final combination of tools & modifiers. (Will be shared in the OP)

EDIT: After doing something thinking. I plan on making all my tools out of Cobalt for Speed and my weapons out of Manananh for Damage. All with the standard two moss for repair II. I plan on adding special modifiers to all my main tools. - The Excavator, Hammer, Pickaxe and Rapier. What those will be, I'm still thinking.

EDIT 2: So I have decided on putting one set of Lapis and once set of Redstone on to the pickaxe and hammer, Repair II and heat. On the Excavator I put repair II and two set of redstone. On the Rapier, I put Repair II and then slammed with to the brim with Quartz.

You got Manananah from Direwolf20 didn't you?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I know that they say that in the muppets! I've seen the Movie!
I hope you mean the Muppet movie from 1979 which was their first theatrical release. But I know you mean the 2011 trainwreck that Henson stalwarts chose not to participate in.

BTW the video is from the TV show, which was before all the movies. But I'm just dating myself at this point. Wakka wakka wakka!
DeeY8kp.gif

Last edited:

jordan Schultz

Jul 29, 2019
-2 Cobalt Heads
-1 Ardite Hammer Head
-1 Ardite Tough Rod
Then add moss to lvl 2 then the rest Redstone with the extra modifiers and you have a 14k durability Hammer with godly speed your welcome

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I thought Ma-na-ma-na actually dated to sesame street, even before the original "the muppet show" show. Yes/no?

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Well, might as well post stuff since it popped up at the top of the page:
Fastest Hammer:
This is the fastest hammer made from TiC.
- Paper Large Plates
- Cobalt Hammer Head
- Ardite Tough Rod
All modifiers possible to Redstone with one for a recharge modifier, and this will be the fastest hammer. However, I generally don't like using this as it has some subpar durability.
2nd Fastest Hammer (More durability):
The second fastest hammer from TiC, and my personal favorite. Has good balance between speed and durability.
- Cobalt Large Plate
- Cobalt Hammer Head
- Ardite Tough Rod
All modifiers possible to Redstone with one for a recharge modifier, and will be the 2nd fastest hammer.

Personal Broadsword:
I prefer the broadsword just because the guarding mechanic can be very, very handy for early game and for the rest of your Minecraft experience. (until MPS or QS)
- Paper Wide Guard
- Cactus Tool Rod
- Manyullyn Sword Blade
All modifiers to Quartz and one for a recharge modifier. Has decent attack, but I doubt it does the most damage. Does anyone know what is the best combination?

Personal Pick:
- Cobalt Pickaxe Head
- Ardite Binding
- Manyullyn Tool Rod
All modifiers to Redstone and one for Lapis and another for a recharge modifier. I doubt this is the best, but the combination of Stonebound and Reinforced make sure it keeps low durability for a super long time for some super fast mining. Cobalt head because I wanted the Reinforced and because it's the fastest mining possible. Ardite for Stonebound ability. Manyullyn Tool Rod is pretty much your best bet for any tool rod.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Fastest Hammer:
- Paper Large Plates
- Cobalt Hammer Head
- Ardite Tough Rod
All modifiers possible to Redstone with one for a recharge modifier, and this will be the fastest hammer. However, I generally don't like using this as it has some subpar durability.
2nd Fastest Hammer (More durability):
The second fastest hammer from TiC, and my personal favorite. Has good balance between speed and durability.
- Cobalt Large Plate
- Cobalt Hammer Head
- Ardite Tough Rod
All modifiers possible to Redstone with one for a recharge modifier, and will be the 2nd fastest hammer.

Out of curiosity have you tried using Thaumium instead of paper on this hammer? It will still give the writable like paper but without killing the durability.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Personal Broadsword:
I prefer the broadsword just because the guarding mechanic can be very, very handy for early game and for the rest of your Minecraft experience. (until MPS or QS)
- Paper Wide Guard
- Cactus Tool Rod
- Manyullyn Sword Blade
All modifiers to Quartz and one for a recharge modifier. Has decent attack, but I doubt it does the most damage. Does anyone know what is the best combination?
The 'best sword' will depend on what other mods you have installed.

If you have Mekanism installed, the vast majority of zombies and skeletons will be wearing some fairly potent armor. In that case, the armor penetration of the Rapier will likely end up doing more damage to the mobs than the broadsword does.

The Cutlass is a pretty good sword, although you have to find the Full Guard in a chest in a TiCo villager building.

The Buster Bla... ahem, I mean the Cleaver has one specific use: Wither Skeletons. With additional Beheading modifiers, it can rack up the heads necessary to summon and fight the Wither in fairly short order. You can also throw on enough nether quartz to be able to one-hit kill them as well. However, swing speed is so slow that it is not efficient for normal use.

I happen to really like the Scythe for crowd control. You can hit four or five zombies all piled in and coming after you pretty easily. Throw on a single Necrotic Bone for life-steal, and you've got a weapon that will keep you going. It might not do the most damage, but it will deal with crowds and it is going to be very hard for you to be killed while stealing life per hit per mob.

Personal Pick:
- Cobalt Pickaxe Head
- Ardite Binding
- Manyullyn Tool Rod
All modifiers to Redstone and one for Lapis and another for a recharge modifier. I doubt this is the best, but the combination of Stonebound and Reinforced make sure it keeps low durability for a super long time for some super fast mining. Cobalt head because I wanted the Reinforced and because it's the fastest mining possible. Ardite for Stonebound ability. Manyullyn Tool Rod is pretty much your best bet for any tool rod.
I would actually disagree here, this is a waste of Manyullyn. Ardite has the second best handle multiplier in the game, you can use that as a tool rod without too bad a hit on your durability. That means you can then use a paper binding for an extra Modifier slot for more redstone.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
The 'best sword' will depend on what other mods you have installed.

If you have Mekanism installed, the vast majority of zombies and skeletons will be wearing some fairly potent armor. In that case, the armor penetration of the Rapier will likely end up doing more damage to the mobs than the broadsword does.

The Cutlass is a pretty good sword, although you have to find the Full Guard in a chest in a TiCo villager building.

The Buster Bla... ahem, I mean the Cleaver has one specific use: Wither Skeletons. With additional Beheading modifiers, it can rack up the heads necessary to summon and fight the Wither in fairly short order. You can also throw on enough nether quartz to be able to one-hit kill them as well. However, swing speed is so slow that it is not efficient for normal use.

I happen to really like the Scythe for crowd control. You can hit four or five zombies all piled in and coming after you pretty easily. Throw on a single Necrotic Bone for life-steal, and you've got a weapon that will keep you going. It might not do the most damage, but it will deal with crowds and it is going to be very hard for you to be killed while stealing life per hit per mob.

I would actually disagree here, this is a waste of Manyullyn. Ardite has the second best handle multiplier in the game, you can use that as a tool rod without too bad a hit on your durability. That means you can then use a paper binding for an extra Modifier slot for more redstone.
Oooh, never knew the Cutlass existed. Lol, funny, I found a Full Guard but thought it was a bugged version of Wide Guard and threw it out. Noooooo. Oh well.
Also, Ardite tool rod w/ Paper Binding is actually a pretty good idea. I'll try it out in my next set of Tinker's Tools.
Out of curiosity have you tried using Thaumium instead of paper on this hammer? It will still give the writable like paper but without killing the durability.
Haven't tried that, completely forgot that Thaumium was in TiC. If that's the case, then you're probably right. That would be the best combination.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Haven't tried that, completely forgot that Thaumium was in TiC. If that's the case, then you're probably right. That would be the best combination.
It only makes a difference on parts that impact durability, so it is still a complete waste if you use it on things like guards. Basically, it is Iron durability with a bonus modifier instead of Reinforced II.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Well, might as well post stuff since it popped up at the top of the page:
Fastest Hammer:
- Paper Large Plates
- Cobalt Hammer Head
- Ardite Tough Rod
i have to disagree. if you swap 1 paper plate for ardite, and rod for paper you'll see a decent speed boost. swap second paper plate for thaumium and you'll see another speed boost, that's of course if it's available to you. if by "recharge" you mean moss, than you're doing it wrong - you don't want use it with stonebound in combination. if by "recharge" you mean electric or flux i don't understand your concern with durability.

Reactions: Padfoote

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
i have to disagree. if you swap 1 paper plate for ardite, and rod for paper you'll see a decent speed boost. swap second paper plate for thaumium and you'll see another speed boost, that's of course if it's available to you. if by "recharge" you mean moss, than you're doing it wrong - you don't want use it with stonebound in combination. if by "recharge" you mean electric or flux i don't understand your concern with durability.
I tend to run through my hammer before either adding a flux upgrade. During that time, I want to make Stonebound last as long as possible, so I like to let my hammer have some good durability. Or I add some moss when it's almost broken, let it repair itself some more before using it all the way down to low durability again.
I agree with thaumium, as I addressed already.
I'll take note of the ardite and thaumium / paper large plate combination. Just one question: what would you use as your tool rod? I'm assuming cobalt head as well?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I'll take note of the ardite and thaumium / paper large plate combination. Just one question: what would you use as your tool rod? I'm assuming cobalt head as well?
if i'm going for ardite&thaum plates and cobalt head then i'd use either paper rod for extra mod slot, but huge durability drop, which may be a bad choice, considering i'm not familiar with how exactly stonebound works, or mana rod for 2.5 durability boost.

if ardite is not used, which allows me to provide a better info, the fastest hammer i assume would be cobalt head, thaum and paper plates and paper rod, however it has very low durability it requires either electric/flux.