Share Your Tinker's Construct Tools!

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't a good hammer be one that doesn't mine fortune-enabled materials? You could have a very fast hammer and a very fortuitous(is that a word?) pickaxe.
By the way, what's the limit on TiC fortune?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't a good hammer be one that doesn't mine fortune-enabled materials? You could have a very fast hammer and a very fortuitous(is that a word?) pickaxe.
i wouldn't call it a good hammer, because it's a matter of preference.

TiC's luck stacks up to 450 lapis, adds 1 fortune level per 150 lapis and takes only 1 slot.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019

The thing about TiC fortune is that it only takes one slot. So you can fairly easily have both very fast AND very lucky hammers/picks. What's slightly trickier is getting autosmelting on it, so you get fortune on ingots as well.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
The thing about TiC fortune is that it only takes one slot. So you can fairly easily have both very fast AND very lucky hammers/picks. What's slightly trickier is getting autosmelting on it, so you get fortune on ingots as well.

Ah, ok, that's news to me. Since I always had tech-mods installed, I never went very far with TiC before. So TiC fortune works on all ores if you have autosmelt enabled, that certainly is interesting!

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
So TiC fortune works on all ores if you have autosmelt enabled, that certainly is interesting!
well, if you decide to make such pick you can name it Inventory space Obliterator. and don't mine coal with it if you have something like miscperipherals.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

BraydoAlfredo

Jul 29, 2019
My Hammer:
Cobalt Hammer Head
Paper Large Plate
Paper Large Plate
Paper Tough Tool Rod

Modifiers:
Diamond and Gold Block
Flux
Haste III
Luck II
Smelting (Lava Crystal)

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
MiscPeripherals, or Big Reactors. That said, Forestry Miner's Backpacks will pick up ingots just like they will ores.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget that you can force enchantments onto the tools using other mods. I have Efficiency 5 and Repair (Thaumcraft) on my Hammer (I didn't put moss on so I could get an extra modifier).