Share your progress on Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I thought this was Lessy. You just trained me 2 thinks at once :)

Now, help me with my acctual issue and explain me drawers LOL
Sorry I don't know anything about storage drawers except that they seem to be popular :\
I just use a wall of golden (and diamond) chests. I'm not sure what the point of the storage drawers is.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I don't know anything about storage drawers except that they seem to be popular :\
I just use a wall of golden (and diamond) chests. I'm not sure what the point of the storage drawers is.
*blatantly unorganized golden and diamond chests.

If you have diamond, go crystal because why not?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

See picture of cat above. I tend to procrastinate on projects like those.

To be fair, they're pretty well organized :) I have chests for: cobble, dusts, ores, gems, ingots, glasses, plants, seeds, saplings, foods, weapons, tools, machine parts, wires, pipes, circuitry, mob-parts, and some mod-specific ones (Botania, Thaumcraft, Blood Magic, etc)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019

To be fair, they're pretty well organized :) I have chests for: cobble, dusts, ores, gems, ingots, glasses, plants, seeds, saplings, foods, weapons, tools, machine parts, wires, pipes, circuitry, mob-parts, and some mod-specific ones (Botania, Thaumcraft, Blood Magic, etc)

You call your self lazy but then you set up all this chests with filters and remember were to put the stuff each time? This takes way more time to setup then a Drawerwall+ 1 controller :)

I thoguht that too and spend a stack of diamonds for them when I already had it all diamond chests. just to see that its just a optical upgrade(well if you want to name it upgrade if it looks horribly in my point of view)
And yes... that was before the quarry.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019

I was talking from experience about being unorganized.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not at my computer, and don't have time to wiki-surf, but I think a sneak-right click with open hand will open a GUI to show your Drawer Upgrades. And yes, you can up to 5 Emerald Upgrades (at x13 capacity each) on the same Drawer. It's not quite a DSU, but its more than you'll feasibly use of anything.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not at my computer, and don't have time to wiki-surf, but I think a sneak-right click with open hand will open a GUI to show your Drawer Upgrades. And yes, you can up to 5 Emerald Upgrades (at x13 capacity each) on the same Drawer. It's not quite a DSU, but its more than you'll feasibly use of anything.

I will be happy already with some stacked obsidian upgrades for the most stuff.
I will try it out later cause I´m not at home eather :) thanks!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You call your self lazy but then you set up all this chests with filters and remember were to put the stuff each time? This takes way more time to setup then a Drawerwall+ 1 controller :)
Wait, filters? :p I just have a wall of chests, and I remember what goes where. I used to put signs on the chests, but now I just remember which chest is for what.

Can you screenshot your drawer setup and show me why its cool?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Wait, filters? :p I just have a wall of chests, and I remember what goes where. I used to put signs on the chests, but now I just remember which chest is for what.

Really the best things from Storage drawers are: the compacting drawers and the drawer controller

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019

I can later screenshot it, but as I just said I´m in the process of upgrading the design so I dont think I will convince you thats its cool in the current state :)

And you deserve a Cookie if you can remember all that. Im not able to remember a crafting pattern bigger then 4 items.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I can later screenshot it, but as I just said I´m in the process of upgrading the design so I dont think I will convince you thats its cool in the current state :)

And you deserve a Cockie if you can remember all that. Im not able to remember a crafting pattern bigger then 4 items.
ugh please edit that to say "cookie" :p

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I could screenshot my setup for storage drawers if you want? All it really is is a few rows of drawers with a drawer controller acting as an interface with my LP system, makes thing super simple for that though. Logistics pipes is pretty amazingly useful here though, fantastic for automating your storage and crafting, and it's actually better than AE at a few things and the only thing I've really found it lacking in is fluid support, although I wish AE had fluid patterns, maybe that's what the container things are for actually?

As for baubles, the ring of magnetism really is great, it has builtin blacklists for seeds, a Botania flower so you can disable it in certain areas, and disables itself for a few seconds upon dropping any item, it's free to run as an aside, doesn't need a mana tablet like some baubles.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I could screenshot my setup for storage drawers if you want? All it really is is a few rows of drawers with a drawer controller acting as an interface with my LP system, makes thing super simple for that though. Logistics pipes is pretty amazingly useful here though, fantastic for automating your storage and crafting, and it's actually better than AE at a few things and the only thing I've really found it lacking in is fluid support, although I wish AE had fluid patterns, maybe that's what the container things are for actually?
You can craft in the controller while accessing the contents of all your drawers?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
You can craft in the controller while accessing the contents of all your drawers?

You can craft in the LP reqeustTable with stuff from your LP network. A controller adds the Drawers to your LP network.
its not as fast and handy as the AE crafting mechanic because you have to wait until items arrive through the pipes to you terminal, but if you use some item speed upgrades and build it near to everything that is not to bad and I find it more "realistic" then the AE system that converts everything into Data.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Right, so explanation of the controller.

What the controller does is a few things, mainly it just acts as an access point to a set of connected drawers, it can connect to any up to 12 blocks away from it, as long as there is a continuous path within that 12 blocks connecting the two. If there is anything can pull items out of the drawers via the controller, pushing items in will put them in the nearest free spot, and you can double right click on a controller to dump your inventory into the drawers, but it only takes items already in there. I've used it to great effect with Chromaticraft rainbow trees before, 5 2x2 drawers for the drops and I can easily dump all eyes/apples/saplings.

Drawer slaves are related, if they are connected to the drawer controller like any other drawer the controller makes them act as a proxy to it so it can also be used to do everything the controller can, but based off the controller it's linked to's range. Also more server friendly as it has to do less total work or something similar.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget that a LP Remote Orderer can access your entire Drawer system through a Controller/Slave, so a Supplier Pipe on an Ender Chest allows you to access your storage from anywhere. A second chest can be used as an input from anywhere as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dentvar

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Cobbleton is now sporting one of these:
2016-01-27_21.28.30.jpg
(Hey, you can see my IC2 nuke in the background too btw)
I was expecting the Draconium to be the hard part of this assembly, but seriously it was the nether stars. I need a way better way of getting those. I may get into AE2 soon simply so I can try to leverage the formation planes to auto-summon the wither. (The skulls aren't a big deal: I have a few skeleton power spawners in a grinder in the nether)

I also added a bunch of compact drawers. They are indeed pretty neat. I see now that they're more like compact barrels; I didn't realize they only stored one type per drawer.

I like how simple the upgrade system is compared to JABBA (which is also simple but this is simpler)

The Compact drawers were surprisingly expensive compared to the regular drawers. I made 6 compact drawers.