Share your progress on Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It still needs a tier 4 alter. The only tier swapping expert mode does to my knowledge is Sacrifice runes being t3, and Capacity being t2.
K. and will a well of suffering do anything to mitigate the amount of time I stand around my altar pouring blood in to make stuff?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I go for ardite hammers, I think a low durability ardite hammer is actually faster than an enderium, all because the stonebound bonus doesn't get scaled down like the speed stat does so a maxed ardite hammer has something like 18 speed at base iirc.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm now making tier 4 (demonic?) runes. My altar has a bunch of speed, capacity and self-sacrifice upgrades, so I get around 500 blood per shot atm.

I'm still not a big fan of how much time I'm spending standing around my altar. I'm able to do things in batches with a hopper, but its finicky at the extraction end: I have to keep reinstructing my filters what to pull out. I may have to look into putting extraction filters on like 4 sides of the altar, each redstone controlled, so I can easily switch what I want the altar to remove.

Interesting comparison: this problem is very similar to the pneumaticcraft pressure chamber mechanic, except that at least with the pressure chamber it was easy to tell when things were "completed" and then just say "ok pull everything out now." Whereas if you're cooking runes, they're liable to stay there emiting particles forever as they (presumably) progress up the chain.

With the demonic runes I was able to finally start making primal charms. This unlocks a ton of stuff. First order of business was a recharging pedestal and some jarred nodes (5 atm). I'm currently rocking a pair of boring silverwood/thaumium-capped wands. Any recommendations on the next wand step? There's a ton of addon-options.

Todo tonight:
* Probably going to go kill the end dragon tonight. I've been putting this off forever but there's a few things that require that I visit the end (bottled end-air for instance).
* Probably going to add a bunch of mana pools, a mana distributor and look into Sparks. The sparks (or the augments for them) looked expensive iirc so I'm not sure how much I'll invest in that direction.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I'm now making tier 4 (demonic?) runes. My altar has a bunch of speed, capacity and self-sacrifice upgrades, so I get around 500 blood per shot atm.

I'm still not a big fan of how much time I'm spending standing around my altar. I'm able to do things in batches with a hopper, but its finicky at the extraction end: I have to keep reinstructing my filters what to pull out. I may have to look into putting extraction filters on like 4 sides of the altar, each redstone controlled, so I can easily switch what I want the altar to remove.

Interesting comparison: this problem is very similar to the pneumaticcraft pressure chamber mechanic, except that at least with the pressure chamber it was easy to tell when things were "completed" and then just say "ok pull everything out now." Whereas if you're cooking runes, they're liable to stay there emiting particles forever as they (presumably) progress up the chain.

With the demonic runes I was able to finally start making primal charms. This unlocks a ton of stuff. First order of business was a recharging pedestal and some jarred nodes (5 atm). I'm currently rocking a pair of boring silverwood/thaumium-capped wands. Any recommendations on the next wand step? There's a ton of addon-options.

Todo tonight:
* Probably going to go kill the end dragon tonight. I've been putting this off forever but there's a few things that require that I visit the end (bottled end-air for instance).
* Probably going to add a bunch of mana pools, a mana distributor and look into Sparks. The sparks (or the augments for them) looked expensive iirc so I'm not sure how much I'll invest in that direction.
I used a railgun crossbow to kill the dragon, and I didn't even have it fully upgraded. I probably shot one ender crystal during the entire battle.

Reactions: Pyure

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
@Pyure once you can get the Runes of Sacrifice and the Well of Suffering a wand made using a Bloody Wand core would refill from your LP network which would make ot a very good choice.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah TiC crossbow, signalum body/limb, flame string bowstring, and enderium coated signalum bolts with sli spear fletching, the tough binding on the crossbow is irrelevant, just use paper or whatever really.

It should do 193 damage per shot with a 0.25s reload time, you can add a couple of upgrades - sharpness goes on boots for +2 damage for example - most notably mossy on the boots and flux on the crossbow but honestly it doesn't matter too much.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
You're not the first I've heard mention a signalum crossbow. What parts did you use?
Signalum limb, fiery bowstring, and the rest doesn't matter that much iirc. Look up signalum crossbow of the ftb Reddit, and you'll find better detail than I can give right now

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Uh I'm aware that there are fallen knights running around sometimes, although I've yet to see one since I play in peaceful mode 84% of the time. Why?
ok, my bad for not explaining it and also for derping around :) Its called Falen Kanade. LOL
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Fallen_Kanade
basicly its a botania flower that for very little mana keeps your health full and you can spam the sacrifice Orb a lot faster.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
ok, my bad for not explaining it and also for derping around :) Its called Falen Kanade. LOL
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Fallen_Kanade
basicly its a botania flower that for very little mana keeps your health full and you can spam the sacrifice Orb a lot faster.
Oh neat. I am using a an RF healer atm (whose name escapes me), but this sounds better. Also, they probably stack.

Question: I woke up at 3AM last night wondering if those pools of blood in the nether qualify as blood LP, and whether I can pipe that blood into the altar. Anybody know?

If I find a big enough pool if might be worthwhile to pump it.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Oh neat. I am using a an RF healer atm (whose name escapes me), but this sounds better. Also, they probably stack.

Question: I woke up at 3AM last night wondering if those pools of blood in the nether qualify as blood LP, and whether I can pipe that blood into the altar. Anybody know?

If I find a big enough pool if might be worthwhile to pump it.
The blood is from BoP if I recall, so probably not? I've not tried it though

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The blood is from BoP if I recall, so probably not? I've not tried it though
hmm. What about the blood we use to make sacrificial orbs?

I use the zombie-flesh + sandstone recipe in the tinkers smeltery to generate lots of blood. It absolutely tears through zombie flesh (4 stacks of zombie flesh for 1 bucket of blood) but any idea if that stuff works in the altar?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
@Pyure

The BM blood is actually Life Essence. You can even find a Dimlet for it, which completely breaks BM.

When working on your rune automation, use a single pipe on the altar, but have Thermal Dynamics Retrievers on barrels/Drawers. This will allow you to flip a switch for desired product, bit still keep your altar tidy.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
No, natura blood is incompatible with BM blood, the only way of producing that (except BM) is with dimensions afaik.

Also obligatory reminder as I'm not sure I mentioned it here, if primal mana is flowing next to silver it will turn it into mana infused metal. Has to be Thermal Foundation silver though, works on both ores and blocks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there a way to transform network LP into altar blood?

Guys the picture I'm trying to form here is how most people process, say, 15 demonic runes. Right now I stand around for a long time and process them in tiny batches (I think demonics are 10k blood each, so I can currently do 3 at a time with a full altar). Is this perfectly normal, or are people doing some trick with a well of suffering, or some ritual or other, or something else?