Share your progress on Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The well of suffering is good because it removes the burden of generating blood by allowing you to put in a mob farm and produce all the blood you could want that way. You'll still need a system to automate input and extraction of items but when you don't need to cut yourself or wear the bloodletters back things get easier.

As for network LP -> altar LP, I believe there is a high tier ritual called something like cry of the eternal soul that lets you do that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The well of suffering is good because it removes the burden of generating blood by allowing you to put in a mob farm and produce all the blood you could want that way. You'll still need a system to automate input and extraction of items but when you don't need to cut yourself or wear the bloodletters back things get easier.

As for network LP -> altar LP, I believe there is a high tier ritual called something like cry of the eternal soul that lets you do that.
OK thanks. I've been doing some research, and it looks like my idea of what the Well did was backwards. It generates blood LP and consumes network LP to do it.
So at a simplest level, I can just dump a monster spawner into a Well and let the altar fill itself. Yay :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
OK thanks. I've been doing some research, and it looks like my idea of what the Well did was backwards. It generates blood LP and consumes network LP to do it.
So at a simplest level, I can just dump a monster spawner into a Well and let the altar fill itself. Yay :)

With this revelation, your journey through BM should speed up considerably.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
With this revelation, your journey through BM should speed up considerably.
Massively. I may have to switch some of the speed upgrades into sacrifice upgrades, and probably remove the majority of the self-sacrifice runes entirely, but if I'm understanding correctly I should be able to mass-produce a bunch of slates at a time.

Given my GT background, my preference is always to mass-produce things I may need in the future so I'm not scrounging to make some fiddly demonic slate thing at the last second when I need it :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Massively. I may have to switch some of the speed upgrades into sacrifice upgrades, and probably remove the majority of the self-sacrifice runes entirely, but if I'm understanding correctly I should be able to mass-produce a bunch of slates at a time.

Given my GT background, my preference is always to mass-produce things I may need in the future so I'm not scrounging to make some fiddly demonic slate thing at the last second when I need it :)

Indeed. Once you get your Well up and running smoothly, mass production of Slates should be easy enough to run in the background while you focus on other projects. Infrastructure to automate is quite simple, really. If you were piping them into a 2x2 Drawer, I think it would fill up the first tier, then due to those not having a valid destination, they would stay in the altar and upgrade themselves. Those should then find a Drawer to live in until it was full, and so on. You could use larger Drawers, but I'm not sure when/why you would ever need/want that many Slates.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I probably don't need a lot of them. I seem to recall their being a fair number of recipes requiring Primal Charms, and each PC requires 2 demonic slates. I'd probably aim to make around 30 PCs and call it a day.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Other than redstone for draw speed or mossy or flux there really isn't that much that is useful ranged tinker weapon wise.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, do these slots on the left serve a purpose?
upload_2016-1-25_19-5-4.png

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Obsidian Plates work for Reinforced on TiCo ranged weapons? It would help mitigate the need to charge it, if it works.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure put moss on the bolts for essentially infinite ammo
Yeah that part I did. Quartz too fwiw.

The dragon ended up being a joke. The last time I fought him it was in Hardcore Ender Expansion and that was a 20 minute long battle. In this instance I spent more time shooting the pylons than I did the dragon, and I'm not convinced the pylons were necessary.

I liked it :p

Reactions: erindalc

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure

The BM blood is actually Life Essence. You can even find a Dimlet for it, which completely breaks BM.

When working on your rune automation, use a single pipe on the altar, but have Thermal Dynamics Retrievers on barrels/Drawers. This will allow you to flip a switch for desired product, bit still keep your altar tidy.
lnaeo, thanks for this tip. Retriever worked well.

Reactions: Inaeo

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure fortune goes on the crossbow, mainly the issue is remembering which go on which.

As for the two slots on the left, the tool forge always has four slots, if not all are used they just move to the left and are unused. The rearranging when you choose a tool? Actually just cosmetic, you can produce any tool simply by putting the parts into the right spots.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Also, do these slots on the left serve a purpose?
View attachment 25498
You'll notice in every tool forge recipe there are always four slots, regardless of how many parts the thing your building has. If you put something in say the lumber axe section in every slot, then switch to say, a throwing knife, you'll see both the other parts are full. (and it'll still be trying to build a lumber axe if you had the correct parts for the lumber axe).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
As for the two slots on the left, the tool forge always has four slots, if not all are used they just move to the left and are unused. The rearranging when you choose a tool? Actually just cosmetic, you can produce any tool simply by putting the parts into the right spots.
You'll notice in every tool forge recipe there are always four slots, regardless of how many parts the thing your building has. If you put something in say the lumber axe section in every slot, then switch to say, a throwing knife, you'll see both the other parts are full. (and it'll still be trying to build a lumber axe if you had the correct parts for the lumber axe).
I kinda thought this was the case, thanks guys. Figured I'd confirm. Yeah I don't always bothering clicking the tool buttons; I always know the arrangement for, say, a pickaxe without selecting it.

So I got to the End and forgot to get my bottled End Air, woops. #ThingsToGetDoneTonight. Also when I got to the End I couldn't figure out why there was an army of "Pauls" wrecking the place. It turns out I installed NuclearCraft (which I wanted to try out in lieue of Big Reactors) and that mod adds that silliness by default (configurable).

Collar of Pain is amusing. In experimenting with ways to hurt myself, I found the most quick and reliable was standing on a railcraft rock crusher. Wild guess but I figure I regen around 10 vis per second standing on the crusher, and my armor level probably affects that.

Its not something I'll do often (if ever) but its nice to know that I'll passively regen mana while adventuring amongst a ton of hostile mobs, if such ever happens. With the "railgun crossbow" it doesn't matter much.

What interesting bauble-belts are there? Actually what baubles in general are people sporting?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
@Pyure belts? The sashes from botania increase your speed, but require mana. Rings? If you don't have another magnet already the one from Botania is pretty good, also Botania has some cool relics: some of them are weapons and some of them baubles that give you cool buffs, but you have to kill the Gaia Guardian 2 at least 6 times to get all of them, but as the dice of fat may roll the same number multiple times you'll have to kill the Guardian of Gaia 2 a lot.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I´m always to lassy
lazy-jpg.25515
to write down what I archived so far, but for now I got a Ender Quarry running without upgrades so far. (Will add silktouch soon)
Now I will have to go forward and integrate it to my Logistic Pipe Drawer system. (btw. I getting to love logistic pipes more everyday. I´m thinking about not using AE2 anymore in other packs)

So now I wonder if there is a way to see how many times you stacked a storage upgrade on a drawer. From what I learned, you can stack the upgrades with each other. Namely I can apply more then 1 obsidian upgrade on the same drawer.
But how can I see what is the max stack sice atm for a drawer?

Last edited:
Reactions: SolManX

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I´m always to lassy to write done what I archived so far, but for now I got a Ender Quarry running without upgrades so far. (Will add silktouch soon)
Now I will have to go forward and integrate it to my Logistic Pipe Drawer system. (btw. I getting to love logistic pipes more everyday. I´m thinking about not using AE2 anymore in other packs)

So now I wonder if there is a way to see how many times you stacked a storage upgrade on a drawer. From what I learned, you can stack the upgrades with each other. Namely I can apply more then 1 obsidian upgrade on the same drawer.
But how can I see what is the max stack sice atm for a drawer?
Lassy:
lassy.jpg

Lazy:
lazy.jpg

:p