Server optimisation?

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
No increasing the ram won't optimise the CPU usage or the garbage collection adding more ram would just make the gc take longer and stuff I need to optimise the java. I don't need more tan

mrhoezey

Jul 29, 2019
SatanicSanta is right about RAM. Increasing the RAM allocation for the server will make the server run more efficiently. For CPU memory it's different you will have to make sure that you are running a little programs as possible if you are going to run a server on your computer.

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
1. I work for a server hosting company, we are trying to optimize our java garbage collection and stuff. We are not adding more ram to servers.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
1. I work for a server hosting company, we are trying to optimize our java garbage collection and stuff. We are not adding more ram to servers.

What company do you work for? I mean, no offense, if you work for a server hosting company and are HERE asking for help optimizing your servers, I NEVER want to rent from you.

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
They are already optimised on ssd's great dedicated servers but I saw cpw tweet ages ago that they optimised forge craft I wondered what they did.
Our servers are fast and reliable in the past 6 months we had 4 hours of downtime 2 were scheduled

JunkyPic

Jul 29, 2019
For java's GC you need to look into startup flags, which are very tricky even for experienced programmers. Instead I'd suggest optimizing the plugins you're using. Assuming you're using a CPU with multiple threads assign various plugins to various threads, same goes for Java's GC.

What hardware does your box have atm?