Server optimisation?

Mashy14

Jul 29, 2019
This is what is use on my server

java -server -Xincgc -Xmx6G -Xms3G -Xmn2G -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G -cp ftbserver.jar -jar ftbserver.jar

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
See, I was confused about this as well... For example, the Mindcrack folks started their FTB they had the FTB folks hop on and tweak/optimize some stuff (they never got specific about what was actually done).

I would like to know what they did, and how, as well.

(still, probably wouldn't rent a server from you guys....)

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
What company do you work for? I mean, no offense, if you work for a server hosting company and are HERE asking for help optimizing your servers, I NEVER want to rent from you.
Exactly MC server companies are always Overselling as I just found out now. Eat this for thought I'm running a 3GB server for 39.60 bucks and that is a shared server. On the other side I just brought a Dedicated server with 2x 1T STATRA drives, Ineti3 3.4Ghz 2 cores cpu, and then 8GB for just a flat 39 bucks a month rate. Me and someone else is going to get cracking on setting it up for Minecraft. But even so they're charging way too much for convenience. Rough equivalents are 120-180 dollars a pop (unmanaged-managed).