Solved Server disconnecting players randomly

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
My server was fine yesterday but now with no changes made players get kicked every now and then for. (I removed player names and ip addresses) and sometimes they will just get kicked for disconnect.overflow and like 3 players at the same time get kicked usually.

CONSOLE:
[INFO] Disconnecting (player) [ip here]: Internal server error
CDT
CONSOLE:
[SEVERE] Error handling login related packet - connection from Cosmicox [iphere] refused
CDT
CONSOLE:
[WARNING] Failed to handle packet for (player) [iphere: java.lang.NullPointerException

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
This seems to be an error with craftbukkit. Can you please repost this to their support forums?

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Well it is either you have another instance of the server running again and it has not gotten rid of all of its hold of files so getting errors trying to read as it is locked by the old server. Also buffer overflows in ultimate (if I remember correctly that is what you are using) are common from MFFS force fields even for people no where near the shield, or by mass amounts of buildcraft lasers (bc lasers only effect nearby players).

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
"Well it is either you have another instance of the server running again and it has not gotten rid of all of its hold of files so getting errors trying to read as it is locked by the old server." What do you mean by this?

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Ie one of the times you told the server to stop or it crashed it never really turned off and it wen't into limbo. If you can do a full host reboot (ie your server behind the server) and that should fix it. That will be easier then trying to say how to ssh close it.