Server Crash.

Boozamooz

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing and my server crashed, crashed, and crashed again. Please tell me what happened.

Attachments

• crash-2012-11-25_15.17.10-server.txt
    2 KB · Views: 53

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
If you're getting the server files from the launcher then you're probably running it from the .sh file. Open it and theres a -Xmx flag, increase that number to give it more ram. It is of course, limited to how much you have, the -Xmx flag is in megabytes so if you are using the machine just for the server you can probably give it all but one gigabyte which you would multiply by 1024 to get the number of megabytes.

defakto

Jul 29, 2019
That would be part of your issue. The default run state is something like 512M allocated.

Boozamooz

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but how do i let it have more ram. Please leave detailed instructions for the people who have the same problem and are watching this thread.

defakto

Jul 29, 2019
Launch the server using this in a shell file or a .bat file:

java -Xms512M -Xmx2G -jar FTB-Beta-A.jar

Boozamooz

Jul 29, 2019
I launched it as start.command and start.sh, and it said I had no privleges for the .command, while the .sh refused to open, so I checked the privleges
and gave myself them. It still didn't work.

defakto

Jul 29, 2019
What happens if you open a command line in the FTB server directory and type the command in manually?

Boozamooz

Jul 29, 2019
NFO] Unknown command. Try /help for a list of commands.[DOUBLEPOST=1353977204][/DOUBLEPOST]*[INFO]

defakto

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, that explains a lot, your java environment isn't in your run.

Next step is to locate your executable and do

<path to java>\java -version

if that works

<path to java>\java -Xms512M -Xmx2G -jar FTB-Beta-A.jar

Boozamooz

Jul 29, 2019
what is my executable? teminal?[DOUBLEPOST=1353977587][/DOUBLEPOST]it said no such file in directory

devfourk

Jul 29, 2019
I want to go ahead and ask how do I have my server launch from the .bat file that allocates more ram. Its a dedicated server with mcadmin.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: I assume you're using mac since that's what it says in the crash log, if you aren't this probably wont work.

The issue is you don't have permission to run the .sh file so you need to give yourself permission using
chmod +x /path/to/shFile.sh
in terminal, if that doesn't work use
sudo chmod +x /path/to/shFile.sh
then you can launch it with
cd /path/to/server/directory
and
sh shFile.sh
obviously replacing everything with the correct names, hope this helps.

I have no idea devfourk, I don't really know anything about windows except that in my opinion it [redacted] :)

Boozamooz

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: I assume you're using mac since that's what it says in the crash log, if you aren't this probably wont work.

The issue is you don't have permission to run the .sh file so you need to give yourself permission using
chmod +x /path/to/shFile.sh
in terminal, if that doesn't work use
sudo chmod +x /path/to/shFile.sh
then you can launch it with
cd /path/to/server/directory
and
sh shFile.sh
obviously replacing everything with the correct names, hope this helps.

I have no idea devfourk, I don't really know anything about windows except that in my opinion it [redacted] :)