Open Server Crash when player loads in

Discussion in 'Infinity Evolved 1.7.10' started by Streen, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Streen

Streen New Member

Summary of the problem Server Crash when player loads in

Pack Version 2.6.0

What is the bug? I run my own server on a nearby gaming laptop. Everything was working perfect until last night when I was randomly booted from the server. Minecraft stated "server closed," and checking the server, the cmd simply referred me to the crash config file.

Things to know: I wasn't doing anything exceptional IN minecraft when the crash happened. I was picking flowers for botania, just finished making a new nether portal, and that's it. One slightly weird thing I DID notice while playing last night was my character skin not showing up. I ignored this at the time, thinking I would look into it later. On the computer I play from, I did recently have a 'fresh' reinstall of ftb. I was assuming the skin issue had something to do with that, but I did make sure I was logged in via the ftb launcher. Don't know if any of this is relevant to the bug.

So yeah, every time I log into the server now, it crashes. I have searched extensively, and I came across the tip to try and mess with the forge.cfg - removeErroringEntities and removeErroringTileEntities. I set both of these to true as per the post I came across. I'm still encountering the server crashes :(

Thanks guys

Mod & Version FTB infinity evolved, hardcore mode engaged, 2.6

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/868d8f66

Is it repeatable? Yeah, every time I try logging into the server.

Known Fix

2. Streen

Streen New Member

Update: Since the crash only seems to happen when I log in, I tried deleting the player.dat files. Fortunately, this solved my issue of trying to get INTO my server. Unfortunately, I still have no clue what caused this issue? I hesitate calling the issue resolved, as getting back all my items is such a pain :(

3. Streen

Streen New Member

Update: Logged in again today - thinking the issue fixed itself after I deleted the player.dat. I flew to the location I was yesterday - a little further, and instantly got hit with the same issue as above. Server crashed. Seems to happen when my home base/spawn area gets unloaded OR if I load a certain area. I can't tell which one at this point?

4. Henry Link

Henry Link Popular Member

Not sure if this will help. But find the forge.cfg and change the two setting below to true. Then start the server up.

Code:
        # Set this to true to remove any Entity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
        B:removeErroringEntities=false

# Set this to true to remove any TileEntity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
        B:removeErroringTileEntities=false

5. Streen

Streen New Member

Yeah I tried that and still had issues. I ended up having to download a tool that allows me to fix corrupt/'wrong' chunks in the world file. For whatever reason, it seems some chunk in my world was 'wrong.' The tool indicated there was 1 corrupt chunk and about 4 wrong chunks. I opted to 'delete' the corrupt chunk. Server crash persisted. So I 'deleted' the 4 additional wrong chunks, and suddenly I was able to log into the server no problem. Day 2 of no crashes since that fix. I'll play more today to see if the issue is officially solved.