Open Server Crash when player loads in

Streen

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Server Crash when player loads in

Pack Version 2.6.0

What is the bug? I run my own server on a nearby gaming laptop. Everything was working perfect until last night when I was randomly booted from the server. Minecraft stated "server closed," and checking the server, the cmd simply referred me to the crash config file.

Things to know: I wasn't doing anything exceptional IN minecraft when the crash happened. I was picking flowers for botania, just finished making a new nether portal, and that's it. One slightly weird thing I DID notice while playing last night was my character skin not showing up. I ignored this at the time, thinking I would look into it later. On the computer I play from, I did recently have a 'fresh' reinstall of ftb. I was assuming the skin issue had something to do with that, but I did make sure I was logged in via the ftb launcher. Don't know if any of this is relevant to the bug.

So yeah, every time I log into the server now, it crashes. I have searched extensively, and I came across the tip to try and mess with the forge.cfg - removeErroringEntities and removeErroringTileEntities. I set both of these to true as per the post I came across. I'm still encountering the server crashes :(

Thanks guys

Mod & Version FTB infinity evolved, hardcore mode engaged, 2.6

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/868d8f66

Is it repeatable? Yeah, every time I try logging into the server.

Known Fix

Streen

Jul 29, 2019
Update: Since the crash only seems to happen when I log in, I tried deleting the player.dat files. Fortunately, this solved my issue of trying to get INTO my server. Unfortunately, I still have no clue what caused this issue? I hesitate calling the issue resolved, as getting back all my items is such a pain :(

Streen

Jul 29, 2019
Update: Logged in again today - thinking the issue fixed itself after I deleted the player.dat. I flew to the location I was yesterday - a little further, and instantly got hit with the same issue as above. Server crashed. Seems to happen when my home base/spawn area gets unloaded OR if I load a certain area. I can't tell which one at this point?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Not sure if this will help. But find the forge.cfg and change the two setting below to true. Then start the server up.

Code:
    # Set this to true to remove any Entity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
    B:removeErroringEntities=false

# Set this to true to remove any TileEntity that throws an error in its update method instead of closing the server and reporting a crash log. BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
    B:removeErroringTileEntities=false

Streen

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I tried that and still had issues. I ended up having to download a tool that allows me to fix corrupt/'wrong' chunks in the world file. For whatever reason, it seems some chunk in my world was 'wrong.' The tool indicated there was 1 corrupt chunk and about 4 wrong chunks. I opted to 'delete' the corrupt chunk. Server crash persisted. So I 'deleted' the 4 additional wrong chunks, and suddenly I was able to log into the server no problem. Day 2 of no crashes since that fix. I'll play more today to see if the issue is officially solved.