Sacred rubber sapling "ruined" my world... what can i do?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I still prefer leaving the tree to melt computers, or filling it with TC4 flux goo and taint. But that's just me ;)
That gives me an idea...
My "world tree" will actually be a MASSIVE dynamic tank meant for storing Flux Goo.
...This would work so much better if I was on a server and we worked together to generate more flux goo, though.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
DartCraft's Force Axe with the Lumber infusion works great. Doesn't take down the whole tree but it does take out a sizeable chunk out of it.
You just need lots of them unless there is a way to make it run on power excluding IC2.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Just an update:

Trying to fix the world changing ids i broke it (it seems i shifted the correct ids, but then OTHER ids related to microblocks shifted somewhere else and wasnt able to fix it). As a good IT guy i did not make any backups.

I should have temporarily disabled the mod, but hey, i have a new world now :p

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
I am atm making my harvester slowly get all the wood, using the raw rubber to make rubber.
The wood itself is being electroized or Centrifuged into methane for my power. Loving MFR

Reactions: abculatter_2

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
As a test, I made a lumber axe using TICO's. Head was Obsidian (3 Reinforced), rest of parts were paper. With 6 modifers available, made 6 obsidian plates. I think that got it to Reinforced IX. But, adding a diamond and a block of gold to get another modifier, added one last plate and now it read "Unbreakable".

SO... That lumber axe, with nothing other than obsidian plates and a head of obsidian, should be able to chew up the Sacred Tree ... BUT, was the TICO's tool programmed to take on a tree of that magnitude?

Only creative mode in a test world will know the answer to that since I sure as heck won't subject my world to any of that test. :)

DepressivesBrot

Jul 29, 2019
The limit is 30-ish I think. You can chop down 1x1 canopy trees in the Twilight Forest but 2x2s are a tiny bit too big. Also, that map looks like there's air directly above the trunk, this would prevent it from registering as a tree even if it was small enough.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure it comes with a limit on the size. Once that limit is hit it'll only knock out a 3x3 section at a time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the limit has anything to do with the amount of wood. I believe the lumber axe looks to see if it can detect leaves within a certain distance from where you are cutting. If so, it does its thing and busts it up from that point up. If not, it does the 3*3 thing.

So I doubt it will do anything special to the sacred rubber tree from the base because the leaves are too high up. But, if you move up and cut it within about thirty blocks of the leaves...yikes.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Something at the back of my mind remembers that I reads somewhere that it's up to 30 blocks height with leaves.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the limit has anything to do with the amount of wood. I believe the lumber axe looks to see if it can detect leaves within a certain distance from where you are cutting. If so, it does its thing and busts it up from that point up. If not, it does the 3*3 thing.

So I doubt it will do anything special to the sacred rubber tree from the base because the leaves are too high up. But, if you move up and cut it within about thirty blocks of the leaves...yikes.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

This is very possible. I don't know what kind of limit there is, I just know that there is a limit.