Sacred rubber sapling "ruined" my world... what can i do?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
heya!

I recently automated a rubber farm, and somehow the planter had planted a sacred rubber sapling (dont know where it came from).

i took it, and like a fool, planed and bonemealed it.

Now the thing is towering above EVERYTHING and essentially ruined my base and all the area around.

I tried quickly turning saves off, and closing (no exit command) the servr hoping that wouldnt save, but no luck.

Is there a command to remove all of a specific block? (i would use it with rubber leaves and wood)

Thanks!

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
Easy solve TiCo lumber axe. All some with 4 or 3 Moss balls. Solved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot to add, i cant even log into my server now, the client tries to log in, but the sheer amount of leaves, light updates and who knows what else locks up my client.[DOUBLEPOST=1394227601][/DOUBLEPOST]
Easy solve TiCo lumber axe. All some with 4 or 3 Moss balls. Solved

Im sorry, i dont think you have an idea about the magnitude of this thing... the canopy of the tree is like 40 blocks thick, and inside is 100% solid wood. The mapwriter map updated all chunks around me, and the tree simply doenst end.

Its, at a minimum, 25-30 chunks wide of solid wood.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Below this monstruous green blob used to be a medium island where my base is/was located... (the blocky nature of the image is because those are the chunk i was able to load.)

0_0.png

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Change the rubber log/leaf IDs in the MFR config and start the server, then change them back and restart it.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You should be able to use MCEdit to cut the size down enough to get on and cut the remainder, or just flat out delete the entire thing in one go.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking into /cofh killall, as it seems like it might do what i need, but cannot find any info on its usage. Any ideas?

A last resort would be changing the ids (i would rather not mess with that) or just remove and re-add the mod, cheating in any lost equipmnet.

I do think the cofh thing will be better tho, if i figure how to use it.

This kind of feature serves no purpose, it should not be available, at least not in survival...

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
What mod adds that? If it were slightly smaller I would for sure live in it

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Its minefactory reloaded.

I do suggest you dont try it, i have a decent computer, and it completely locks my client.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Get MidasGold and convert those blocks to 0:0 (Air). I don't know what your IDs would be. Good Luck.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
That command doesn't do anything but destroy dropped items on the ground for entity lag.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019

Go to your mods folder and add to the minefactory reloaded jar file .disabled at the end.

If you boot up the game, EVERYTHING MFR related will be deleted IF you enter a chunk with anything to do with MFR.

Not only will that get rid of the tree but it will do a number on your planters, harvesters, deep storages, etc... IF They're in chunks that get loaded that is. Also bear in mind, you need to actually visit every chunk where the tree WAS to get it deleted.

Once your done doing that, go back to the mods folder and get rid of the .disabled at the end of minefactory reloadeds mod.

When you boot the game again, you will be missing the tree, any thing to do with MFR that you chunk loaded.

If you have your MFR stuff elsewhere away from your tree, that stuff should be fine - so long as it didn't get chunk loaded.

After effects of doing it this way - LIGHTING from the sky seems to get messed up by doing this. You'll have stuff spawning in full daylight because the block at 255 still thinks it's opaque and blocking light to the ground. To fix, you would have to go up to 255, place a block, and then delete that block to make the game realize there is a clear path to the sky.

Or you can change the ID's for rubber leaves and rubber wood to air, load up game ... run a round... then change it back to proper values. That should work too but will probably still leave you with the lighting issues.

This method requires a bit more work editing files, but is less destructive than removing MFR temporarily.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
As an aside, where can we find these sacred rubber wood saplings? Now I want one...
No you dont, but according to the mfr configs they can be found in jungle chests.

i think i may have gotten this one in a roguelike dungeon chest.

UPDATE: I did the changing the ids to another number (didnt think to do it to air... so i did to 3999 and 3998).

The world loaded fine, the tree was gone, i reverted back the ids, but now i cnat login, it says the client is missing microblocks for tile.ice and angelblock.

I think i broke something in trying to fix it, ill probably just start a new world if i cant fix it in a few more tries...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
No you dont, but according to the mfr configs they can be found in jungle chests.

i think i may have gotten this one in a roguelike dungeon chest.

UPDATE: I did the changing the ids to another number (didnt think to do it to air... so i did to 3999 and 3998).

The world loaded fine, the tree was gone, i reverted back the ids, but now i cnat login, it says the client is missing microblocks for tile.ice and angelblock.

I think i broke something in trying to fix it, ill probably just start a new world if i cant fix it in a few more tries...
You say I don't want one. You are incorrect, I want one super bad now. I was going to remove Natura(maybe) and finding a "world tree" would be harder then finding a way to break bedrock in a balanced mod, while playing on a potato.