Running Red: Help Venting and Discussion Thread!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
oh thanks, yeah that would explain it, it mainly happens just after I log in but yeah it makes sense, thanks :)
Occasionally creeper explode when they die, dropping creeper plant seeds. This explosion however is very weak and won't damage terrain, but blocks with zero blast resistance (e.g. torches, fluiducts, conveyors) will get destroyed.

Nicky8009

Jul 29, 2019
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok i feel better now....

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok i feel better now....
What happened? Right-clicked with a bound pick? Creeper destroyed your mob farm? Ghast shot you off the bridge? Or just derped and fell off the platform?

Nicky8009

Jul 29, 2019
What happened? Right-clicked with a bound pick? Creeper destroyed your mob farm? Ghast shot you off the bridge? Or just derped and fell off the platform?
Try all of the above.... all in one day....[DOUBLEPOST=1414872791][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try all of the above.... all in one day....

Last edited:

Tremoir

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with getting LP into the altar via mobs from a mob spawner I built and the Dagger of Sacrifice. I've tried with them standing right next to the altar or right on top of it. It's inconsistent when I kill them. Sometimes I get LP. Sometimes I don't. Any thoughts?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with getting LP into the altar via mobs from a mob spawner I built and the Dagger of Sacrifice. I've tried with them standing right next to the altar or right on top of it. It's inconsistent when I kill them. Sometimes I get LP. Sometimes I don't. Any thoughts?
How much HP do the mobs have left? IIRC you don't get LP when they have 2 or less HP (i.e. you can onehit them with the dagger without the altar).
Use cobwebs to reduce their fall damage.

Tremoir

Jul 29, 2019
How much HP do the mobs have left? IIRC you don't get LP when they have 2 or less HP (i.e. you can onehit them with the dagger without the altar).
Use cobwebs to reduce their fall damage.

It looks like the low HP was the problem. tyvm

ganon5069

Jul 29, 2019
Just a tip for those who don't know: Mobs can be killed with a block of air between them and the Altar. So say you place some wood on top of the altar then a slab, then removed the wood mobs that land on the slab are easy pickings. Also the Altar doesn't work on those damned baby zombies.

Also Spiders WILL clog your system, so what you can do if you are secure in your iron supplies is make some iron spikes and set up a capture room near the bottom of your tower have mobs funnelled into it (i'd say a 5x5 room with 3 added blocks at the front and water in the corners) then have the mobs pushed into a 1 wide gap and the spiders cannot follow and so they climb to their deaths.

Jul 29, 2019
I've just started playing this pack and yesterday I died and spawned above the void 4 times until all my lives were used up and the world was deleted. So then I created a new world, and I was on the last quest of 'Our Lady of Sorrows' and the same thing happened again. This is extremely annoying... can anyone suggest a fix?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I've just started playing this pack and yesterday I died and spawned above the void 4 times until all my lives were used up and the world was deleted. So then I created a new world, and I was on the last quest of 'Our Lady of Sorrows' and the same thing happened again. This is extremely annoying... can anyone suggest a fix?
Yeah, sleep in a bed. The spawn point will be exact in the next update, though, so you'll always spawn on the island.

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I've done that and it fixed the problem.

I've got another question however - I'm on the part where you have to 'dry out' blood to make redstone. In NEI the recipe for redstone that's probably the correct one is a bucket of blood and sand combined. But how do you get sand? Crafting the hammers from Ex Nihilo is disabled, and I could make it using the alchemic chemistry set if I had a) a blaze rod, and b) obsidian. I can't get more diamonds to make a diamond pickaxe for the obsidian, and for a blaze rod I need to go to the nether which in turn requires obsidian.
How do I do this problem?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Thanks! I've done that and it fixed the problem.

I've got another question however - I'm on the part where you have to 'dry out' blood to make redstone. In NEI the recipe for redstone that's probably the correct one is a bucket of blood and sand combined. But how do you get sand? Crafting the hammers from Ex Nihilo is disabled, and I could make it using the alchemic chemistry set if I had a) a blaze rod, and b) obsidian. I can't get more diamonds to make a diamond pickaxe for the obsidian, and for a blaze rod I need to go to the nether which in turn requires obsidian.
How do I do this problem?
You get it as a quest reward in the first chapter. It's the last of the three hidden quests.

ganon5069

Jul 29, 2019
Heh Make sure to make a pulveriser soon rather than later. You get Blood Dynamo eventually and boy are they handy ^^

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I have a bug from this pack. I'm not sure where it should go, so I'm putting it here.

http://paste.ee/p/Qy1gL

I was shift+q ing some chopped planks directly into my blood altar. It crashed when this was being done. This dropping thing was straight from the crafting though, so that might be why.

EDIT: Just went back in-game, everything was fine, game picked up from where I left off, so there is nothing to be worried about.

Last edited:

Miytko

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Im in the mission with brewing and getting a demon heart, in the Vampires wont hurt you.
I have only that two missions to complete, that with the demon, how can i get 3000 altar power? I putted a lot if trees but the trees stopped to give power.
And the mission with Brew Of Raising
How can i get wool of bat? Where can i find bats?
Thanks for reading!
Im stuck at this moment so help please! :D