Run a HP boiler for Hours or even days with 0 automation of fueling!!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yep exactly and if you been getting lag from all those planks then you could expect less lag and yes less power draw too.

JackHD

Jul 29, 2019
You don't even need ME at all, just tesseract planks into a DSU that's next to a boiler, no energy consumed.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
That's one way of doing it but if not set up properly you'll end up with tons of planks being burned and none available for crafting. Yes, there are ways to accept X amount of planks into your system and then burn the rest, I'm just stating if you don't do it right you'll find yourself short on resources when you want them.

JackHD

Jul 29, 2019
The boiler will only take planks when it needs to burn them, you will build up a buffer of planks very quickly when it has reached 1000 degrees celcius. No need to "set it up properly" unless you have more than one boiler.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
That's one way of doing it but if not set up properly you'll end up with tons of planks being burned and none available for crafting. Yes, there are ways to accept X amount of planks into your system and then burn the rest, I'm just stating if you don't do it right you'll find yourself short on resources when you want them.

Err, you just output them to a chest that sits right next to a boiler? That's the easy solution.

In my base I use ME busses and level emittors to control the amounts of stuff I have. I keep 50k wood in stock, anything over that gets burned to charcoal (which I run my boiler on). If the stocks of charcoal go over 50k the overflow gets dumped into IC2 generaters that burn it for UU-matter. And that's the 'complex' solution.

I mean, it's nice that you created a mod and all but please don't try to overstate it's usefulness. With DSU's and AE (heck, even with factorization barrels) storing items in bulk isn't that much of a problem. And it's easy enough to voidpipe overflow.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
One, I didn't create it, two I never said it was horribly complex, but for those that might be unfamiliar with the systems they might take a while to set it up properly so they don't get backed up or anything. You do have the right solution if I am reading how you have it correctly though. You'll want the wood you want kept in stock to enter the system and anything else to bypass the system and get directly turned into planks or charcoal for burning. If you go with charcoal it tends to be a bit easier than planks, but not by a whole lot.

Example:
Before hitting how many you want
Tree Farm -> sawmill -> AE until set limit
After hitting how many you want
tree farm -> sawmill -> boiler

Of course with your transport system of choice (mine would be tesseracts). With the sawmill it's going to be a tiny bit more complex since you also can process pulp into charcoal, but I digress.

JackHD

Jul 29, 2019
One, I didn't create it, two I never said it was horribly complex, but for those that might be unfamiliar with the systems they might take a while to set it up properly so they don't get backed up or anything. You do have the right solution if I am reading how you have it correctly though. You'll want the wood you want kept in stock to enter the system and anything else to bypass the system and get directly turned into planks or charcoal for burning. If you go with charcoal it tends to be a bit easier than planks, but not by a whole lot.

Example:
Before hitting how many you want
Tree Farm -> sawmill -> AE until set limit
After hitting how many you want
tree farm -> sawmill -> boiler

Of course with your transport system of choice (mine would be tesseracts). With the sawmill it's going to be a tiny bit more complex since you also can process pulp into charcoal, but I digress.

Just have a tree farm leading to sawmill, to furnaces of any type (TE or IC2) then a wooden pipe with gate to a DSU next to a boiler. Put a storage bus on the DSU and voila, all the extra charcoal built up in the DSU is in your ME system too without need for level emitters or whatever. If you need so much wood for building, then just disconnect the furnaces for a while, allowing the boiler to use your buffer of charcoal in the DSU, or place a diamond pipes sending wood in 2 directions, 1 to the furnaces, one to wherever you want to store your wood. This will send half one way half the other.

Anyway, the op didn't ask for a way to setup a boiler, so IMO this mod is useless and shouldn't be added to FTB, if that's what the op is implying.
G'day.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
A Coal Extreme Condensed block ( which isn't made from fossil fuels!) will still burn for 9 hours a piece!
Coal is indeed a fossil fuel, just fyi.

With DSU's and AE (heck, even with factorization barrels) storing items in bulk isn't that much of a problem.
Have you tried The Barrels Mod barrels? Not quite as cheap as FZ barrels (although you can set the recipe in the config if you like) but they show items on all sides, which I find to be amazingly useful. Also the items go straight into your inventory, no entities created in the process.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
No you make those out of charcoals, do't like "converting" coal from charcoal there's a config for Charcoal blocks.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea but hey crafting doesn't consume costly compression energy just craft and your good! (I hate the stupid compressor anyway)

JackHD

Jul 29, 2019
Hardly costly if you have a boiler and 4 stacks or more of coal coke, and what's your justification behind hating the "stupid" compressor?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Hardly costly if you have a boiler and 4 stacks or more of coal coke, and what's your justification behind hating the "stupid" compressor?
What's your justification that he should like it? Seriously just because a mod exists doesn't mean people have to like it. What's your justification for not liking this mod the thread is about?

"Hurr hurr that's what I've been talking about the whole thread."

No shit sherlock. He has reasons he doesn't like something same as you do, logical or not; period.

JackHD

Jul 29, 2019
What's your justification that he should like it? Seriously just because a mod exists doesn't mean people have to like it. What's your justification for not liking this mod the thread is about?

"Hurr hurr that's what I've been talking about the whole thread."

No shit sherlock. He has reasons he doesn't like something same as you do, logical or not; period.

My justification is that I believe the mod is pointless and not needed in FTB, maybe if they added more content than just a few blocks, but FTB is know for not adding piss-poor mods that took 5 minutes to create into their modpack.

I don't think he should like it, so if you would kindly stop twisting my words, then I think you'll find that all I asked was for his justification. I am just interested in what makes one "hate" a machine, in a game.

Next time you're going to be a twat try not to embarrass yourself by twisting my words into something new entirely. This wasn't your conversation to butt in to, I was asking for justification, what is wrong with that?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
My justification is that I believe the mod is pointless and not needed in FTB, maybe if they added more content than just a few blocks, but FTB is know for not adding piss-poor mods that took 5 minutes to create into their modpack.

Whether a mod is "piss-poor" is totally based on your opinion there is no objectivity to it. Don't act like their is. You insult all mod makers when you insult any mod. You may dislike a mod but that gives you no right to disrespect it.

I don't think he should like it, so if you would kindly stop twisting my words, then I think you'll find that all I asked was for his justification. I am just interested in what makes one "hate" a machine, in a game.

So he should nothing it? Or does the word hate bother you for some reason? You're really not making much sense.

Or are you just looking for reasons why he doesn't like it so you can argue that his opinion on it is wrong?

Next time you're going to be a twat try not to embarrass yourself by twisting my words into something new entirely. This wasn't your conversation to butt in to, I was asking for justification, what is wrong with that?

Next time consider that there are other views besides your own.

What's wrong with it? He doesn't need to justify why he dislikes/hates something. He simply doesn't need a reason to.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
So much vitrol over something so small...think we all just need to take 5, get some water, and relax. In the words of MST3K, repeat to yourself, "its just a game, I should really just relax."

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
You insult all mod makers when you insult any mod.

I'm sorry but that's really complete bullshit. If he has the opinion that this mod should not be in the pack he has all the right. And I personally didn't even think this was why this mod was posted here, I'm assuming the objective is not to get it into the pack but just to allow people to add it themselves right?

Reactions: giesergast

JackHD

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry but that's really complete bullshit. If he has the opinion that this mod should not be in the pack he has all the right. And I personally didn't even think this was why this mod was posted here, I'm assuming the objective is not to get it into the pack but just to allow people to add it themselves right?

I would have though that the op wanted it in the pack, and
Anyway, the op didn't ask for a way to setup a boiler, so IMO this mod is useless and shouldn't be added to FTB, if that's what the op is implying.
G'day.

I did not just assume that is what he was thinking, so if he was indeed just advertising it then whatever. Also, I second Hydra's opinion, if I said to to the maker of a dirt to diamonds mod that his mod was overpowered and stupid, why does that mean I am also insulting KingLemming, Sengir and every other modder too?