RP2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Considering how fast Mojang is pushing out the updates I am suspecting that RP won't be done until after 1.6 maybe 1.7. Have to wait and see but counting weeks between updates for a mod is more a case of insanity then being useful.
Its not mojang update speed that is the problem. it is that eloraam doesn't have time, plus she procrastinates. i wouldn't want to code either if I was working on large electrical projects all day. shes states that it mostly compiles, its just a matter of getting the 6-12~ hours I assume to do the damn thing.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Y'all don't have to play with RP. Not that hard to do. Seriously. Not everyone has the time to work on a mod. For all we know her job may have asked for some huge project and she gets home tired. *shrug* Again y'all don't have to play. As others have said there are replacements enjoy those. ^_^

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Man I so don't miss waiting for this mod.

Can't for Power Crystals to include my suggestion for item relays. Once that goes in, I'm going to build the most bitching bulk sorting system ever.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I moved on and now am missing it. I play MC 1.5.2 on multimc Right now mystcraft and xycraft are about all I am missing in my 1.5.2 world except of course for rp2

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
I read something in another thread that I think is actually spot on - If you want cutting edge, roll your own pack using something like MultiMC. If you want a semi-stable collection of mods and all the work is done for you (ID conflicts resolved, config files created, etc.) but you may be a version or two behind, then use FTB.

The latest news Slowpoke has posted said that we will be getting Recommended builds when vanilla 1.6 drops. Elo has said she is currently working on 1.5.x. as of 4 weeks ago. She also said she's more likely just doing a port/bug fixes and not adding much, if anything. That means that she may very well have 1.5.x ready by the time FTB is ready to go to 1.5 stable (versus the beta builds). Anything beyond that is speculation and just driving yourselves crazy.

tl;dr: It will come out when it comes out.

Reactions: RetroGamer1224

minusthedrifter

Jul 29, 2019
The way I see it, RP2 needs to go. This is coming from someone who adores RP2 as well. Life without micoblocks and wires isn't exactly something I look forward to but that Elos update... commitment is lacking puts us into a bind every time.

Personally i think RP2 should be left to the user to add after this update. At least then the core of FTB can progress while RP2 diehards can wait.

Zaswe12

Jul 29, 2019
I say RP2 should be removed or Eloraam finds someone that has more free time to handle the mod. We can't just keep waiting on her on the time.
RP2 should take out a lot of stuff too, I only use sickles, wires, and microblocks from RP2.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
This is going to turn into a massive flame war I can forsee it. Unless Elo ticks off a lot of people I don't see them permanently removing the mod as it is very well liked. Beyond that just make your own mod pack. *shrug*

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, we had to wait half a year with no news whatsoever for it to come out for 1.4.6. I think it'll come out eventually.

This.

It's very likely she will update, we probably just won't see said update until 1.6-1.7ish.

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to remove RP2 from my packs if this keeps up, though.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Item Relays? What is this sorcery you have suggested?
Oh, very simple, as they work now, they take anything in and just toss unfiltered items out of the unmarked sides, I suggested a filter for the upper slot, PC came with a much better solution - a toggle in the gui which will make it only take marked items in. And well, the item really filters items as fast as they can drop in which'll make for a very nice conveyor powered, blazing fast, sorting system.

I wonder if I can have conveyor belts on hoppers, then I'd use them for the processing line as well.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
so here we go again I can wait. Patiance is a virtue stop whinning I just don't care if she doesn't have time to post. I get tired after work too so that being said and a few saying that she does try to make sure her mod is bug free(or at least as bug free as she can make it). so everyone needs to take a chill pill relax and continue on with your life. On another not southernriedbb might have to add IC2 to his sig :D

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Man I so don't miss waiting for this mod.

Can't for Power Crystals to include my suggestion for item relays. Once that goes in, I'm going to build the most bitching bulk sorting system ever.

Chest+Item Translocator = Relay

Chest + Autarchic gate = Relay

Infinitubes = Better sorting system than your silly relays

AE = No need for sorting.