RP2, will there be an update?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Last report was a yes, current consensus is a no. The author makes the occasional appearance on social media, and expresses the view that she is still working on it, but nothing has yet appeared. This is not uncommon for this mod, but there has been a fair wait now, and Mojang is continuing with it's rapid-fire versions.

Realisically, the mod is incredibly large at this point, and the environment has changed significantly (the things done by both forge and Mojang have caused short-term issues for devs to make life easier in the long run), and the author is unwilling to accept other inputs. Personally, I'll eagerly await developments, but not hold my breath.

If an RP2 update appears, it may not be added to the pack immediately, as it would require a world regen.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I believe that either this was the last update for RP2, or there will be a single further update that will be used as a "proof" by people that RP2 will always pull through, only to have it never be updated again.

That being said, I'm always skeptical of such things, so take this with a grain of salt.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So it might be added to the Unleashed pack? I miss that mod so much :(

With Logistics Pipes back in the mix, there.. um... really isn't much left to RP2, is there?

The thing I miss about RP2 was the pitch-perfect feel of the T1-T2 progressions and the really fantastic textures. But in terms of builds I can make RP2 was not ever a necessity and now its item transport and sorting look dated and anemic.

So let me re-assure you, there is life after RP2. I hope people as talented as Eloraam was/is take up the keyboard and keep modding.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Anything's possible, but I wouldn't let it keep you from updating at this point. Almost all of RP2's functionality has been replaced, and even expanded on by other mods now. Although, some of those mods aren't in any of the main FTB packs, so you'll have to add them manually.

It would be worth checking out in particular Redstone in Motion, and Red Logic for frames and wireing.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
The main thing I miss is red alloy wire. Rednet cabling is alright, but more like jacketed cable than something you can lay down.

Reactions: AlanEsh

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
You forgetting about frame machines? :p

I miss my big bore machine that was made from frames and block breakers etc.

There are a lot of mods that do this now.[DOUBLEPOST=1377106199][/DOUBLEPOST]
The main thing I miss is red alloy wire. Rednet cabling is alright, but more like jacketed cable than something you can lay down.

Immibis directly re-implemented this.

vScourge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also waiting on news here. I admin/play on an established server using RP2 with MC 1.4.7. I would dearly love to upgrade lots of mods but we're too dug-in with RP2 to do so without tossing our world. It's not even the machinery that's the main issue, it's all the microblock structures and extensive use of basalt. :)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also waiting on news here. I admin/play on an established server using RP2 with MC 1.4.7. I would dearly love to upgrade lots of mods but we're too dug-in with RP2 to do so without tossing our world. It's not even the machinery that's the main issue, it's all the microblock structures and extensive use of basalt. :)

So reset your map. What's the big deal?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So reset your map. What's the big deal?

MMMm map resets.

Folks really I understand your need to cling to your builds. But really map resets are a great way to do something new. A fresh restart. If you have a super base that does everything just clinging to it until you can update safely will be disapointing there are rarely any huge updates that are game changers and when they are they basicly are spread out over the whole early to late game feild.

But if you reset and start anew you get to try out new things. Unless of course your one of the types that likes to rush to "end game" using the "best" methoids. Then meh you would also be the type a reset would mater little to as you would have your self win mechinces up and running within a day and be back to having more mats then you can use in two.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I'm past caring. Loved the mod, but assuming it gets an update, you've basically locked that world to that version of MC (as vScourge demonstrates). MC updates and other mods make cool new toys? Restart or forget about it. To be fair, I don't think a 1.4.7 map would have easily upgraded to 1.5.2 even without RP2 (or Xycraft), so that argument may be moot. Regardless, the coolest bits of RP2 have been replaced with (arguably) superior versions. Really, the only thing I miss are the amazing looking windmills :(

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
There is also the Project: Red mod, but I've been trying to add it to my custom packs and it always crashes the server. :/

Whether or not RedPower gets updated, I don't care. Now, if it were updated I would definitely add it to my custom packs, but I can live without.
Just about every part of RP2 is either useless, or covered by immibis. The Blulectric Furnaces never really had a use, and were weird to automate in comparison to the E-Furnace.
Really, the only thing I miss are the amazing looking windmills :(
Mekanism adds really cool looking wind turbines too.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
*cough*Mekanism*cough*

ninja_crouch.jpg

I am such a ninja, you didn't even see my post.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
From what I have read, some people were saying that there might be an update for 1.6. That might be just a rumour or something that might happen/speculation. It doesn't sound like RP will be updated to 1.5.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.