RotaryCraft themed pack.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Are you sure you want a gearbox at all? My previous testing once suggested that equal speed/torque was best for a friction heater (may have changed in the months since then)

One coil doesn't get close at 1024/1024. 2 coils at a junction with a 2:1 to speed equals 2048/1024 just about gets there. The 3rd coil got me there.

I'm an idiot. I forgot that only the torque doubled with two coils. I even said even torque/speed, but forgot the gearbox was required to achieve it.

So the ideal ratio your 3 coils would be 3:1.

I blame Mondays.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I'm an idiot. I forgot that only the torque doubled with two coils. I even said even torque/speed, but forgot the gearbox was required to achieve it.

So the ideal ratio your 3 coils would be 3:1.

I blame Mondays.
Aboslutely... 3 coils max is overkill for tungsten, but trying to find the most efficient setups is just more trouble than its worth. I'm pretty excited at this point. At this point, I have dreams of using bedrock. A CVT (so want), dat bedrock pick and sword for the stuffs, armor, and I need to work up that bedrock jetpack to get teh dragon. The rest will be just to figure out everything else for fun.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
One coil doesn't get close at 1024/1024. 2 coils at a junction with a 2:1 to speed equals 2048/1024 just about gets there. The 3rd coil got me there.[DOUBLEPOST=1407772937][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yep. Need tungsten to get bedrock breaker to get bedrock to get microturbine to get tungsten. I don't have tungsten ;). Alas, I'm good... 3rd coil pushed it over the line, got the tungsten and now the bedrock breaker.
...Who says you need bedrock for a microturbine?

Reactions: Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@DREVL

Did you ever get the feedback you were looking for? What pack did you end up playing?

I know you said Horizons wasn't for you, but I had a good experience by taking Horizons and stripping out a bunch of junk I wasn't interested in (basically everything magical, metallurgy, some others) and adding ElectriCraft.

It was an excellent pack for me as a result, my only major gripe being some performance once I had ElectriCraft and ReC running in earnest.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
@DREVL

Did you ever get the feedback you were looking for? What pack did you end up playing?

I know you said Horizons wasn't for you, but I had a good experience by taking Horizons and stripping out a bunch of junk I wasn't interested in (basically everything magical, metallurgy, some others) and adding ElectriCraft.

It was an excellent pack for me as a result, my only major gripe being some performance once I had ElectriCraft and ReC running in earnest.
Went a totally different direction. It was suggested I use MMC to create my own pack. I just pulled down these mods in their natural config, minus RC of which I had to change the Block ID of the "hidden block" to 0.
Applied Energistics
autoutils
Bibliocraft
BC
chickchunks
chisel
Codechickcore
denlib
denpipes
denPipes-emerald
dragonapi
Electricraft
enderstorage
expanded redstone
InvTweek
Ironchest
Modpowersuits
Mystcraft
neiaddons
NEIPlugins
NEI
Numina
Powersuitaddons
RC
RoC
Twilight Forest
Waila
WR=CBE
Zansmap

Reactions: Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Went a totally different direction. It was suggested I use MMC to create my own pack. I just pulled down these mods in their natural config, minus RC of which I had to change the Block ID of the "hidden block" to 0.
Applied Energistics
autoutils
Bibliocraft
BC
chickchunks
chisel
Codechickcore
denlib
denpipes
denPipes-emerald
dragonapi
Electricraft
enderstorage
expanded redstone
InvTweek
Ironchest
Modpowersuits
Mystcraft
neiaddons
NEIPlugins
NEI
Numina
Powersuitaddons
RC
RoC
Twilight Forest
Waila
WR=CBE
Zansmap
No thermal expansion? Good for you :) (It's too much of a crutch when trying to get the best RoC experience)

Reactions: Reika and Padfoote

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I have 12800mb of ethanol in a rock melter. How do I get it out and into a filling station? I put a pipe next to it and it does nothing. I can't bucket it out of the melter. So what's up?

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Does the handbook indicate which side is the output? Some machines are side-specific.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
good thing for ftb + google... would have had no idea that the filling station melts the crystals for a jetpack.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
If you are planning on having rotarycraft, you should also have every other reika mod! They all work so well together!

Like having a times 128 time accel beside an extractor. Huehuehue, madprocessing times. On another face of it there's a friction heated furnace, to keep up with the production rate of flakes.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
If you are planning on having rotarycraft, you should also have every other reika mod! They all work so well together!

Like having a times 128 time accel beside an extractor. Huehuehue, madprocessing times. On another face of it there's a friction heated furnace, to keep up with the production rate of flakes.
Accelerators do not work on RC machines.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Accelerators do not work on RC machines.
Maybe not in the latest version. I have the one that comes with Monster 1.1.2 by default.

Why wouldn't it work, short of a blacklist deal? The machines are tile entities, and they do have tick based workings, do they not? I am powering my extractor with 8 hydrokin engines and two 16:1 bedrock gearboxes in speed mode, that's the bare minimum. I don't think the extractor could operate as ludicrous fast as it does if not for the time accel.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Maybe not in the latest version. I have the one that comes with Monster 1.1.2 by default.

Why wouldn't it work, short of a blacklist deal? The machines are tile entities, and they do have tick based workings, do they not? I am powering my extractor with 8 hydrokin engines and two 16:1 bedrock gearboxes in speed mode, that's the bare minimum. I don't think the extractor could operate as ludicrous fast as it does if not for the time accel.
They have all been blacklisted.