RotaryCraft Power Setups?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
We've all seen plenty of TE, IC2, Buildcraft, railcraft, etc. Power setups. Why not show off some of the things you have set up for rotarycraft?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
That's kind of a bit difficult since it's almost/pretty much 1 engine to 1 machine and unless the machine runs faster with more power as some do you're going to be using the minimum requirement.

So if you want pics of my fermenters powered by dc engines lol umm yeah

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm. I have no screenshots, but hydrokinetic and soloar generation does ... suggest the distribution of power via a bus.

The technical issue I havnt come close to solving is for solar - the output speed is constant, but the torque changes with the sunlight level. Theres a lot of scope of an adaptive programmable gearing to distribute power efficiently from solars over a range of lighting conditions.

I am resisting the entire fueled engine side of things, (including jet fuel) as I feel the results - "one engine" per machine - are somewhat boring.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
I had a large array of steam engines powering an extractor through an industrial coil for awhile. But it was too loud and the neighbors complained so I had to rip it all out for a quieter RF setup that just got converted to shaft power at the extractor.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
hmmm. I have no screenshots, but hydrokinetic and soloar generation does ... suggest the distribution of power via a bus.

The technical issue I havnt come close to solving is for solar - the output speed is constant, but the torque changes with the sunlight level. Theres a lot of scope of an adaptive programmable gearing to distribute power efficiently from solars over a range of lighting conditions.

I am resisting the entire fueled engine side of things, (including jet fuel) as I feel the results - "one engine" per machine - are somewhat boring.
I do not understand why so many people think that is the only - or even intended - way to supply RC power.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
I do not understand why so many people think that is the only - or even intended - way to supply RC power.

Dunno, I thought it was fun building a power bus and figuring out the right gears/divisions/etc.