Rotary Extractor going to slow for you?

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
No i understand that reika (love your work btw) my point is that the same results should be obtainable with less turbines and therefore requiring less fuel. I'll have to do some testing.

1 gas turbine is already fine for me. I use a computer from ComputerCraft to manipulate the CVT, with 6 seconds for the first and fourth stage, and 5 for the second and third.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Fully maxed-out, it can intake up to one ore per tick, or 1200 per minute, for a total yield of up to 19200 ingots a minute.

Isint thay wrong?
Since it can process once per tick, but it does x1.5 every processing, your last step would be your bottleneck at 1 operation per tick, then 1 operation per 1.5 ticks for the 3rd,etc... All the way too one ore per 5 ticks.

That would be 4 ores per second or 240 per mins for 20 ingots per second or 1200 ingots per mins

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Isint thay wrong?
Since it can process once per tick, but it does x1.5 every processing, your last step would be your bottleneck at 1 operation per tick, then 1 operation per 1.5 ticks for the 3rd,etc... All the way too one ore per 5 ticks.

That would be 4 ores per second or 240 per mins for 20 ingots per second or 1200 ingots per mins
You are indeed correct.

Reactions: madnewmy

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Interesting. I did the CVT switch in my world, but I only used one gas turbine to power it instead of three. Adding two more should be easy, but the warmup period may result in some speed inconsistency between the engines until they've reached full speed. Would that result in damage?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Interesting. I did the CVT switch in my world, but I only used one gas turbine to power it instead of three. Adding two more should be easy, but the warmup period may result in some speed inconsistency between the engines until they've reached full speed. Would that result in damage?
No.