Rotary Extractor going to slow for you?

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Yusunoha, Jan 23, 2014.

1. whd23

whd23 New Member

Seems to me that you're using too much input power.

According to the equations on this page* (http://rotarycraft.wikia.com/wiki/Extractor) I believe that the maximum speed for each stage is achieved at 32k r/s, 1M r/s, 1M r/s, and 64 32k r/s respectively. Using more torque than required for a particular action in RotaryCraft will not speed up the action. Using those speeds and the minimum torque requirements shows that stage 1 is the most power-hungry at 16MW. One gas turbine produces 64MW, I can't imagine you need four of them.

I shared information about my extractor setup here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/against-the-ropes-rr-vs-monster.44300/page-2#post-611693

*If the information on the wiki that I linked to is incorrect I apologize. I see that @Reika has some posts on that wiki but I don't know if that means that the wiki information is correct or not.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. Dezz

Dezz Well-Known Member

Holy balls. That's quite a lot

3. eric167

eric167 New Member

and he needs 14!

now the question is, is there a use for 270000 ingots a minute?

4. Dezz

Dezz Well-Known Member

More extractors!

5. Reika

Reika RotaryCraft Dev FTB Mod Dev

I can build anything I want any time I want.

6. Dezz

Dezz Well-Known Member

So.... More extractors!

7. Reika

If I want. More likely things like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

or this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gideonseymour, Dezz and Padfoote like this.
  8. Dezz

Dezz Well-Known Member

Oh yea?! Well I learned how to work a bedrock breaker today.

Scarecrow560 likes this.
  9. Dezz

Dezz Well-Known Member

@Reika So, is this guy right?

10. Reika

About the second half, yes. I am not sure about the first, but there is a cap.

11. E_DM_B

E_DM_B New Member

597 levels... O.O

12. Reika

Welcome to how I play.

trajing, YX33A, Dezz and 2 others like this.
  13. Dezz

Dezz Well-Known Member

By the way OP, the fact that you don't have any protection around your turbines bothers me.

I can't even tell you how many times I have lost my power armor suit and all my TiC tools to those damn engines.

The sound they make... When you get caught in it... Just... *shivers*

Least to say, I have learned to take off any armor and leave any valuables behind when I screw with these machines.

14. Yusunoha

Yusunoha New Member

you should look very closely to the screenshot
    you'll notice it's a completely flat world made out of a plains biome... good bet that I did the setup in a test world ;)

15. Dezz

Dezz Well-Known Member

I know, but still, it makes me cringe none the less. Haha

16. YX33A

YX33A New Member

You know what they say: Go big, or go home.

trajing, E_DM_B, madnewmy and 2 others like this.
  17. Dezz

Dezz Well-Known Member

Except, Reika either goes big, or goes to his house.... Which is also big.

Go big or go big.

trajing, E_DM_B, Padfoote and 5 others like this.
  18. Caotical

Caotical New Member

Am I the only one that noticed that there is a massive amount of energy that is lost by chaining up engines in this fasion? Thing is that when you put energy into a shaft junction you keep the same speed and add the torque. With that basic principal in mind wouldn't you be able to gain far more out of a gas turbine, which for example has a large portion of its power output in speed, by putting a CVT or 2 in front of the shaft junction with the setting to torque. Granted this will mean that you will have to put more CVT's in front of the extractor, but this could reduce the number of turbines you need to get the same results.

19. Reika

The whole idea is not to brute-force all stages, but to power 1/4 and 2/3 alternately.

Padfoote and pizzawolf14 like this.
  20. Caotical

Caotical New Member

No i understand that reika (love your work btw) my point is that the same results should be obtainable with less turbines and therefore requiring less fuel. I'll have to do some testing.