RFTools Advanced Shape manipulation

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
The RFTools Builder was already a powerful block but with two new additions it will become a lot more powerful in the next version. Basically the 'Scanner' and the 'Shaper'. This overview gives an idea of what these can do:

4MqpJrE.png

With the Scanner you can scan an area and filter/change things in the resulting scan using a modifier item. then using the Shaper you can combine that with other shapes.

The end result can be used in the Builder or Shield

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The RFTools Builder was already a powerful block but with two new additions it will become a lot more powerful in the next version. Basically the 'Scanner' and the 'Shaper'. This overview gives an idea of what these can do:

With the Scanner you can scan an area and filter/change things in the resulting scan using a modifier item. then using the Shaper you can combine that with other shapes.

Holy monkey.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017

4MqpJrE.png

Dude your the best mod developer I've ever seen.
Edit. Maybe WorldEdit is better but this is awesome.

Reactions: JaRyCu and McJty

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
@McJty , is there any current or planned integration with Screens? Useful information I would like to display includes: Job Status (blocks placed/total blocks), Job Status Percentage (% finished), Block Count (types of block, and quantity needed). Particularly having a count for each block needed would be great, if only to make sure I have enough material on hand (being pumped into the Builder) to finish the project.

My head is swimming with ideas... You may have created a monster.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
@McJty , is there any current or planned integration with Screens? Useful information I would like to display includes: Job Status (blocks placed/total blocks), Job Status Percentage (% finished), Block Count (types of block, and quantity needed). Particularly having a count for each block needed would be great, if only to make sure I have enough material on hand (being pumped into the Builder) to finish the project.

Hmm interesting...
(steals ideas and secretly starts implementing them in rftools)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
How about letting us use the scanned area on a Screen as a form of 3D map? I could find uses for that too. If I'm dreaming, I'm going to dream big!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014

Interesting Ideas there and I can definitely see them being useful. I cave concerns of that type of info can be abused as a way of searching for valuable ores without actually having to mine for the stuff. Especially on servers. ((scan a layer and look in the builder for what block it needs for "building". repeat with next layer.)) Mayhaps a config to toggle such info on and off?

Reactions: Pyure

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
On the idea of 3D maps. How about like a handheld screen that's linked to the builder. You shift right click the builder, it will link. And you right click it to open up a 3D image that you can rotate around and view current progress, cancel it, pause the progress, check the required materials?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
On the idea of 3D maps. How about like a handheld screen that's linked to the builder. You shift right click the builder, it will link. And you right click it to open up a 3D image that you can rotate around and view current progress, cancel it, pause the progress, check the required materials?

When I first read that, I thought you wanted a handheld 3D minimap that updates as you move - not a bad idea, just not at all what was actually being asked for. Having the info I requested in a portable format could help while out exploring, I guess. Though, I'm imagining a massive control room with large monitors that track my projects.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
When I first read that, I thought you wanted a handheld 3D minimap that updates as you move - not a bad idea, just not at all what was actually being asked for. Having the info I requested in a portable format could help while out exploring, I guess. Though, I'm imagining a massive control room with large monitors that track my projects.
I wanted to do that when I first started modded.. Thats not really possible.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
I wanted to do that when I first started modded.. Thats not really possible.
I see a way that RFTools could do that: Have a way that XNet can interact with screens so that you can monitor a block and do certain tasks from a central hub. Ooh, maybe it could pull items from modular storage, or even from the storage scanner! :D