Return Of The Roleplay Server!

• Thread starter Deleted member 42074
  • Start date
  • Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Entry Fee?

• Total voters

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
I do have complete access to all of the server files ect ect. But I'm not sure how I can upload the server files in a way that their silly automated system will work with.
Anyway, while we wait, how about world names.
Here are some suggestions I've thought up.
Libertatia
United States Of Affari (Ties in with USA :p)
Genitrix
Terra Libera
United States Of America (in-case we want to go parallel universe).
Terra libera looks nice. Libertatia could do it too. The others are meh. (and i don't like the parralel universe idea.)

And for the server host mess : Now i know it's as messy and complicated as i thought.[DOUBLEPOST=1367573790][/DOUBLEPOST]And we'll need a stock of names for all the mystworlds we (I) will probably create on the server.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
I got a chance to go on the server yesterday and it was playing really nicely, no lag or anything

Blorog1

Jul 29, 2019
Man, if they're giving you this much trouble about updating then you should really get a different hosting service!

D

Deleted member 42074

Breaking News: I think I have discovered the resolution to our problem. Just need to wait until the 1.0.2 files upload and see if it works!

D

Deleted member 42074

Success! *angels sing* I am currently re-installing bukkit and uploading our world.

Reactions: GPuzzle

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea why you insist on using a hosting provider with overpriced packages and an absolutely disgraceful support staff. Glad you finally did manage to update though.

D

Deleted member 42074

I have no idea why you insist on using a hosting provider with overpriced packages and an absolutely disgraceful support staff. Glad you finally did manage to update though.
The support staff isn't half bad if I'm honest: and the prices are not to pricey as far as my market research goes.
As for the delay on getting an answer from them: there was a problem with their login system I think, meaning I couldn't open a ticket in the right place for them to answer it. When I finally got in (had to reset my password which fixed it) and left the question to them they replied surprisingly fast.

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
The support staff isn't half bad if I'm honest: and the prices are not to pricey as far as my market research goes.
As for the delay on getting an answer from them: there was a problem with their login system I think, meaning I couldn't open a ticket in the right place for them to answer it. When I finally got in (had to reset my password which fixed it) and left the question to them they replied surprisingly fast.

Except your market research is flawed, since you're paying for 768MB of RAM what could get you a 2-4GB VPS with a good provider. In fact, I've shown you at least two such offers. I'm not trying to sound offensive here, but I'd like to see a successful role playing server out there and I can't help but cringe as I see people make these kind of mistakes when picking a hosting plan.

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
You should just get a whole bunch of hamster and wheels and run your own provider :D
Hey, that's a good idea. I suppose they are here to power the computer. I just need to find a bunch of them...

By the way, it would make a nice EU generator. You place a big wheel and put some mob (or player) in it and make it run.

D

Deleted member 42074

Here I quote from Waveride's FAQ page. If I was running a website, I'd jump at the chance to host with them.

"Can I run Minecraft?
Minecraft is allowed, but you won't be pleased with the performance. The nodes run on E5 CPUs (which have a lower clockspeed than i7). Think twice about running it."