Return Of The Roleplay Server!

• Thread starter Deleted member 42074
  • Start date
  • Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Entry Fee?

• Total voters

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Would many of you mind playing on 1.0.1 until I can manage 1.0.2? Hosting company is being a pain as I thought they might be.
I won't just play until it's 1.0.2 for a bunch of reasons :

-Mystcrashs. I've played on a server on 1.0.1, and it crashed evry 3 hours due to the mystcraft version being bugged.
-Gregtech had got a big load of changes that i like and i can't play without (new fusionreactor).
-Other mods cool updates.
-I've always a bunch of bugs when i upgrade/downgrade my FTB. It's stable as of now, in 1.0.2 and i don't want to change it again (and it takes a while).

Hosting company is being a pain as I thought they might be.

Hosting companies... You need them for your server, but they don't helps you at all.

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
Hosting companies... You need them for your server, but they don't helps you at all.

Only if you're picking random over-the-summer hosting businesses started by adolescent children who want easy cash. Picking a host requires some thought and good hosts don't mind going out of their way to help the customer out.

D

Deleted member 42074

Do yourself a favor and get a hosting provider where you have full control of the server. It's going to save you a lot of headaches in the long run.
I do have complete access to all of the server files ect ect. But I'm not sure how I can upload the server files in a way that their silly automated system will work with.
Anyway, while we wait, how about world names.
Here are some suggestions I've thought up.
Libertatia
United States Of Affari (Ties in with USA :p)
Genitrix
Terra Libera
United States Of America (in-case we want to go parallel universe).

D

Deleted member 42074

Only if you're picking random over-the-summer hosting businesses started by adolescent children who want easy cash. Picking a host requires some thought and good hosts don't mind going out of their way to help the customer out.
True dat. Though I rest assured that my server is run by grown men... for now. ;)

Seb677

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if you posted which Hosting company you use, but I know I use MCProHosting for my server, and it works wonders. Never goes down, so its nice, and adding in files is easypeasy. granted, setting up FTB is a pain at first, but after that, its smooth sailing.
I dig Genitrix and Terra Libera for names. Just for the world though. Not necessarily for towns or anything. heh.

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
At the prices they offer (at least the 4GB plans), you are cheaper off by getting a dedicated server.

D

Deleted member 42074

I'm impatient myself. :p I'm making some progress with getting 1.0.2 working. Might be up by midnight. No promises, though.

D

Deleted member 42074

Rent a dedicated machine. As in, one which you are not sharing with other customers.
Their dedicated machines apparently cost £100 p/mo, and I can't afford that at the moment.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Terra Libera is not translated correctly as "Free Land", unless "Free" is being used as a verb.
Sorry for being annoying, eh.