Resonant Rise

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh... Using the Technic launcher and the RR pack url (and the most recent config pack off the G+ group) seems I can not use NEI without it crashing.

Making figuring out all the bits and pieces of the mods a bit hard. Guess back to googling wiki's before I do anything much with it.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I use MultiMC and have the same issue. I also have same fun when enter unexplored dungeon doors. :3
Already reported at G+

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
yeah it just makes getting into the pack harder since I cant look stuff via NEI it really kills my flow to have to go look stuff up outside of the game.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh... Using the Technic launcher and the RR pack url (and the most recent config pack off the G+ group) seems I can not use NEI without it crashing.

Making figuring out all the bits and pieces of the mods a bit hard. Guess back to googling wiki's before I do anything much with it.

What?Technic Laucher?Where?

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
And the reason there isn't a torrent is because that robs the authors of the mods their ad-fly funds? (I put a question mark, but it's more of a statement probably).

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I don't wanna have that conversation. We need permissions, so we will try and get them.

I didn't take into consideration that, I append my post - And permissions. Sorry, didn't even think about that angle. :)

Sheesh, just re-read my post and it does totally sound like I'm being negative.

I really did mean it as one of the issues "I" could think of.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
There is. But it's not for public distribution. It's part of a testing effort. It would be dropped if we get permissions for FTB distribution.

minusthedrifter

Jul 29, 2019
And the reason there isn't a torrent is because that robs the authors of the mods their ad-fly funds? (I put a question mark, but it's more of a statement probably).

Heaven forbid they lose the pennies anyone makes from adfly. You'd make more money picking up loose change.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Heaven forbid they lose the pennies anyone makes from adfly. You'd make more money picking up loose change.

I'm one of those people that buys software, videos, memberships, etc. Pays taxes, obeys speed limits and laws. So I don't have any problem clicking on a link if the mod author wants something for his/her efforts. I know it's a pittance for the work they do, but it's what's requested and I don't mind it.

I figured that was the reason for no torrent of the pack. But I totally forgot about the mods having permissions needed. I feel like such a noob about it too.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
There is. But it's not for public distribution. It's part of a testing effort. It would be dropped if we get permissions for FTB distribution.

That said. What is the deal with NEI. I see you said you think you fixed it. But for me NEI is blank and if you click on the sreach feild, Next, or Prev it crashes to desktop.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That said. What is the deal with NEI. I see you said you think you fixed it. But for me NEI is blank and if you click on the sreach feild, Next, or Prev it crashes to desktop.

0.8.3 downgrades NEI. It should fix that problem. I even posted a micro-update which is just CBs mods of that specific version (and yes, that is allowable by his license). Check the G+ group for details on 0.8.3.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I found it and added it already. See the 0.8.2 modlist.. Right there!

I found it very early on with my wizard eyes.

Note also that we added Dimensional Anchors. For servers, it's really cool to give people chickenchunks loaders for like 9-18 chunks then demand fuel production for larger chunkloading efforts. This is a nice compromise.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
0.8.3 downgrades NEI. It should fix that problem. I even posted a micro-update which is just CBs mods of that specific version (and yes, that is allowable by his license). Check the G+ group for details on 0.8.3.

TY I'll give that a try and poke the server again tonight. Starter my epic enjoy across the ocean looking for a palce to setup shop.

Reactions: KirinDave
Status
Not open for further replies.