Resonant Rise

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten to the point I can only watch the Mindcrackers, Forgecraft people + CovertJaguar and Odedex and the Reasonant Rises folks because I can't stand any other Youtuber since they're painfully noob-ish.
I wish we had somewhat smart people that aim to people who play modded MC as a whole, not kids.

Just like me...

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
It's actually painful to watch Toby play games. I'm kinda glad I don't watch TobyGames any more...
I was watching him play Bioshock Infinite but he hasn't done that in several days (he's been pretty busy with other stuff). I hope he does finish because I want to know how the game ends! (no spoilers please)
TOBUSCUS!

He makes the literal trailers.
Yep :D And the Tobuscus Animated Adventures. And this http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tobuscus-adventures-the-game-by-toby-turner

Oh and this
may contain traces of FemShep.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
So...
Since when did he try to play FTB?
Does it have FTB in the name or description?
Or did he be noobish and try to pass it off as his own thrown together thing?
Or just not mention any mods at all and wait for people to ask what the heck he has?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
So...
Since when did he try to play FTB?
Does it have FTB in the name or description?
Or did he be noobish and try to pass it off as his own thrown together thing?
Or just not mention any mods at all and wait for people to ask what the heck he has?
He mentioned on occasion that it was FTB but he didn't always remember. He added it on to his existing world (though he did travel to get new worldgen) so I'm not sure when it started (though I think I did link the first video in a dedicated thread several months back). The main problem was that he did not do much research into what he actually had and what he could do with it, and he didn't have NEI switched on so he had to either Google the few recipes he used, or do trial and (mostly) error, and he has no concept of proper inventory/storage management so he often chucked out stuff he could have used later, failed to find things he needed, or stored separate stacks of the same thing unnecessarily. He collected quite a few minium shards without ever wondering what they were for, and made a rail line to nowhere for no real reason. He did eventually manage to make a forestry backpack and some longfall boots and even a little bit of bronze, and even discovered that he could smelt granite-cobble back into granite to make his house out of, but I think that's about as far as he got.

[edit] This is his current last Minecraft vid, which was a month ago

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten to the point I can only watch the Mindcrackers, Forgecraft people + CovertJaguar and Odedex and the Reasonant Rises folks because I can't stand any other Youtuber since they're painfully noob-ish.
I wish we had somewhat smart people that aim to people who play modded MC as a whole, not kids.

Are you admitting you find me watchable? I dunno, man. I dunno.

Reactions: Pokefenn

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
Seconding that Kirin is watchable! Your voice sounds very professional.

He mentioned on occasion that it was FTB but he didn't always remember. He added it on to his existing world (though he did travel to get new worldgen) so I'm not sure when it started (though I think I did link the first video in a dedicated thread several months back). The main problem was that he did not do much research into what he actually had and what he could do with it, and he didn't have NEI switched on so he had to either Google the few recipes he used, or do trial and (mostly) error, and he has no concept of proper inventory/storage management so he often chucked out stuff he could have used later, failed to find things he needed, or stored separate stacks of the same thing unnecessarily. He collected quite a few minium shards without ever wondering what they were for, and made a rail line to nowhere for no real reason. He did eventually manage to make a forestry backpack and some longfall boots and even a little bit of bronze, and even discovered that he could smelt granite-cobble back into granite to make his house out of, but I think that's about as far as he got.

I'm amazed he still does Minecraft honestly. His schtick revolves around "being bad at games", and I just can't imagine someone consistently failing to improve at Minecraft for so long and still be entertaining. Also, didn't he have Mo Creatures and a few of the dungeon mods installed ages ago? And now he imported that world to FTB? How is it not irreparably broken at this point? :p

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Seconding that Kirin is watchable! Your voice sounds very professional.

I'm amazed he still does Minecraft honestly. His schtick revolves around "being bad at games", and I just can't imagine someone consistently failing to improve at Minecraft for so long and still be entertaining. Also, didn't he have Mo Creatures and a few of the dungeon mods installed ages ago? And now he imported that world to FTB? How is it not irreparably broken at this point? :p
Yes, and I dunno, maybe it is. :p But he hasn't played in a month, so *shrug*. But most of the time it was more about goofing around and ad-libbing random songs.

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
Winners don't wear pants, Saice. Winners don't wear pants.

Yes, and I dunno, maybe it is. :p But he hasn't played in a month, so *shrug*. But most of the time it was more about goofing around and ad-libbing random songs.
I remember a song Toby ad libbed while playing the Tale of Kingdoms mod during the guild siege, and another he did while messing with some other mod that adds hostile archers and knights(?) that were both totally epic.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I should probably put on my underwear then.
images

Status
Not open for further replies.