Resonant Rise

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a test world I use when dorking with some random ideas. I booted up the recent RR test work to poke some farm ideas and this is waiting for me. I assume it is part of the new sorcery mod but still it was a bit of a WTF moment because I literally just woke up.

2013-06-27_14.38.05 by Saice, on Flickr

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh.... I was going to respond but what ever update they just did to forum broke the replay screen some how on Firefox Nightly. So I had to go and install chrome just to reply to the thread.

Anyways so I wanted to test some stuff today which is how a stumbled on the unicorn.

Extra ulitlies added the Ender-Thermic pump which is a normal BC pump (power cost and function). But it replaces lava blocks with stone blocks. I wanted to see just how lagy or not this was.

I am Happy to report it is epic. There seems to be no lag difference or impact on the game when comparing a loaded nether chunk (3x3 chunk loader) while in the over world to a Ender-Thermic Pump running. No real liquid updates at all. And the only lighting updates happen fairly rarely after it has paved over a large area.

So Dave this might be an OK thing to use on servers to allow people that want to pump the nether dry to do so with little server impact.

Also there is a config option to allow its use in the over world. Don't really see how it would be any issue the mod page says it is disabled by default to stop greifing. But one I don't know many people that build with lava source blocks, two bucket of water would just as bad to those folks, and three if they are worried about someone filling someones home with lava there are MANY other ways to do so. And if the pack final version has those hot springs and volcano biemos with hundreds of pools of lava it might be nice to have this as an option for overworld use to.

just figured I'd share.

Reactions: Pokefenn

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
is it worth for something, except to be a good trophy?

No Idea. I have not touched Sorcery because it does not have any obvious starting point form what I see in NEI. I'll look it up later. But my feelings on it goes something like this.

What to do.... Oh NEI *browse*
Oh yeah Dave added Sorcery let me check that out.
*5 minute later* where the hell do you start with this.... Oh hey whats that. *seems unrelated thing in NEI*
That is it I need to build that.... *runs off to do something else and forgets about Sorcery*

I'm telling you more mods need to do the Tinkers and Thaum way and just either give or make a really basic crafting for a Mod Manual.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Sorcery is super early. It's Way's get, so you might ask him for a tutorial. It currently requires someone to spawn in ecoplasm for you on our server, because the mod doesn't spawn ghosts in BoP/Natura nether. Way has reported this.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Wow ... I was doing a forum search before posting an idea about pumping lava from the nether by putting the pump even with the top layer of lava and just pumping out all the lava below the top layer. I figured it might work without lag but would try it tonight to see how it fared. Now I see that someone came up with a great idea for this. Terrific! :) Got something to try tonight.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick update. More details on the G+ group, but i'm working on the final private beta release of RR. We'll have a public release soon. We've finally figured out how to pull it off.

Hooray! Best of luck with getting it on the FTB launcher one day. (That was the goal wasn't it?)

FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick update. More details on the G+ group, but i'm working on the final private beta release of RR. We'll have a public release soon. We've finally figured out how to pull it off.
ooooh, cant wait ;)
just wondering, is it going to be 'public' on technic or ftb (the quotes are there because you will need to put in a private code or url, i'm assuming)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Resonant Rise and loving every moment of it. :D

RsIuHce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.