Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I completely missed the hullaballoo. Fun.

Back to adventure!

In fact, if they wanted to, they could even bypass the hosting space, and you can set to download those mods from the mod author's source without needing user input (barring ad.fly or other such things).

This means the only thing the team really needs to do at that point, other than tech support, is police to make sure everyone is following mod author requests

I'm pondering producing a reference "modpack" which deliberately asks no permissions and therefore also doubles as a running link to all the relevant mod downloads because of the way ATLauncher works.

I'm not doing this immediately, but I'm wondering whether this would be a particularly useful feature for people. Now that ATLauncher makes it feasible without causing modder butthurt, it's something I can consider properly.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
No idea on if your current configs work with the latest FTB Unleashed...so I'm gonna try it and edit in my findings.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Config pack update! RU is now at 1.1.0.0.

This updates the pack to the latest versions of its source modpacks, with ID corrections made as necessary. (There aren't many.)

Wireless Redstone and Power Converters are now supported in this release. Electric Expansion support has been withdrawn - this mod is being redesigned and the old version is no longer reliable nor readily available.

mIDas support has been updated to convert worlds from the latest versions of the packs. Also now included is the option to upgrade your world from one version of RU to the latest version using mIDas. You should not need this feature for this version, but it's been added way ahead of time to avoid headaches later.

Finally, after some consideration, redundant mod configs have been removed from the pack. This should prevent the confusion we got in 1.0 from continuing.

As always, backup worlds before updating as a precaution. Happy crafting!

For those curious, the new config pack versioning goes like this:

MAJOR . MINOR . TWEAK . BUGFIX

Major - if I raise this number, I totally broke the pack for anyone using earlier versions
Minor - if I raise this number, the mods supported by the pack have changed
Tweak - if I raise this number, the versions of mods supported by the pack have changed
Bugfix - if I raise this number, I squashed a bug in the old version (hopefully!)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, right after I said that and tried to find out why my pack wasn't downloading (looks like the server I was forcing it to use from before is down) you do this. Well, at least I'll be able to try, and I'll be doing it on a new world so yay.

Reactions: Velotican

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh*

1.1.1.0 is out. This takes into account the changes made to the FTB packs in their 1.1.2 releases. I've resynced the IDs to FTB-U... which breaks a few things.

Unless you were very far along in either MFFS 2/3 or Thaumic Tinkerer, you should not have any problems updating. For everyone else, there's a new mIDas patch just for you. Backup before updating as a precaution like always.

Happy crafting!

ThePhD

Jul 29, 2019
Could you also include gregtech? I have tried to installed it myself into Unleashed, however there is a block ID conflict that i have spent an hour trying to find to no avail. If not some tips to finding the conflict would be much appreciated.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I could chew you out about that request, but instead I'll link to the proper explanation.

I will never again support GregTech unless he has a massive attitude adjustment. This is not negotiable. I know it affects some of my users (and potential users!) but there are some deeds I will not tolerate and his are among those deeds.

Sorry I'm not able to help you with that stuff these days, it used to be one of my big community contributions. :(

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
I could chew you out about that request, but instead I'll link to the proper explanation.

I will never again support GregTech unless he has a massive attitude adjustment. This is not negotiable. I know it affects some of my users (and potential users!) but there are some deeds I will not tolerate and his are among those deeds.

Sorry I'm not able to help you with that stuff these days, it used to be one of my big community contributions. :(
Should have chewed him out. :)

ThePhD

Jul 29, 2019

That's okay :) i really just want the liquid storage and larger energy storage units, the rest could go. If anyone has another mod that offers these I would much prefer that, as i find Greg messing with other mods to start with appalling, much less vanilla minecraft.

Should have chewed him out. :)

Aww don't be like that, I am definitely not one of the masochists who likes the mod.

Reactions: RedBoss

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
That's okay :) i really just want the liquid storage and larger energy storage units, the rest could go. If anyone has another mod that offers these I would much prefer that, as i find Greg messing with other mods to start with appalling, much less vanilla minecraft.

Aww don't be like that, I am definitely not one of the masochists who likes the mod.
Hopefully you know that I am joking. :)

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Well crap. I happen to like GT and don't understand why so many people are pisses about him, once again, slowing down gameplay. The loss of wood isn't that big a deal as people make it out to be.

Oh well. I guess I gotta get my GT love somewhere else.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well crap. I happen to like GT and don't understand why so many people are pisses about him, once again, slowing down gameplay. The loss of wood isn't that big a deal as people make it out to be.

Oh well. I guess I gotta get my GT love somewhere else.
I could care less about the wood. I do care about crashing clueless users.

Reactions: Velotican

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
It has nothing to do with his gameplay choices, which I actually personally approved of. It has to do with him blatantly proving he's untrustworthy and not worth the risk of bothering with in a mixed-mod environment.

If all Greg had done was continue to make controversial gameplay changes I'd still be supporting his mod now. It's never been about that for me.

Reactions: KirinDave

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Can I use the newest of each mod pack? Like UL 1.1.4?

AFAIK Velo has RR at the 1.0.0 version basically supported. However, we're about to make the jump to 1.6 and when we do, he won't be able to maintain compat (there is a big dividing line between the two releases, and RR is bringing more mods in that FTB doesn't use).

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya folks. It's been a weird couple weeks for me.

Real life has been distracting me completely recently (I just got a job offer!) so I've been completely detached from the community for the last two weeks whilst getting my life in order took a front seat. Usually I'm at least lurking but I've not even had the time to do that lately. :)

This means I will need to re-acclimatise myself to the current modpack/mod situation before updating the config pack. It also means I have no idea what the compatibility status of RU is and it's not my priority to fix it right now. I know that's not very helpful for you guys but that's where we are right now. :(

On top of that, within Minecraft my priority right now is building up something fun for the community after months of sitting on an idea, which reduces my RU-updating time even further.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Can any one tell me where the config option is to change electronic circuits from using refined iron plates back to using refined iron for 1.5.2? I have looked and looked and looked and dont see it any where.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
If you mean the GregTech change, the option to reverse it doesn't exist, I'm afraid.

Really? Wow that is pretty stupid. To let other people decide if they want other mods messed with is 1 things, but to force changes on them is stupid. Well that explains why I couldn't find the config option for it. Thx any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.