A few day ago I had a blue-screen while playing FTB. Since this event, my performances have considerably decreased (2-6 FPS, repetitive lag spike, non-loading chunks, etc.). They've reached the point where I can't play FTB beast any more; even with my setting set to the "least power consumer".
I don't really understand why my performances are so bad. Before, I could play at 15-20 FPS using a Sphax x64 texture pack.
So, I went searching for the problem's source and noticed two things that did't look very clean to me :
- When I open Windows Task Manager and select the Process tab, I can see that Java is running two times.
Those take 1 GB of RAM each (I have 6 GB total). And, also important : my processor is 100% active (/used). I only have one version of Java installed on my PC.
- (in-games now) with the F3 menu open and the diagram on the bottom right of the screen shown; I noticed that about less than a quarter of the diagram is labeled as unspecified which, if I remember correctly, wasn't taking such a large percentage a few day ago.
I would like to know :
- What does unspecified contains? What does it mean/gather?
- Is it normal to have two times "Java" in Windows Task Manager?
- How can I return my performances back to normal?
Thanks for your time,